1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dekker is proud that he's white...glad he's gone

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jogo, Jun 15, 2018.

1. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Blame the nba finals for not going 7 games

rocks123 and GottaHaveHeart like this.
  2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Pc outrage culture.

What is there to be offended about? Lol he didnt say anything negative at all.

Some of yall these days are just ready to be offended about anything

BigggReddd, BigO and GottaHaveHeart like this.
  3. aroundtheblock2

This post is r****ded. Dekker was responding to any idiot that was trying to say he should feel ashamed he's white or something. People make **** out of nothing too often these days, its exhausting. All this was on twitter anyways...who gives a ****.

BigO likes this.
  4. aroundtheblock2

No it ****ing wasn't LOL. It was started by a bunch of internet trolls on 4chan or some ****, and its obvious they met their goal of making people think its some grand nefarious scheme created by a bunch of underground racists. Its just a bunch of internet bullshit, Idk how people have been on the internet this long and still fail to pick garbage like this up.

5. aroundtheblock2

You must be the most gullible person on earth or the most paranoid person on earth. Its all a ruse, learn how to identify when you're being taken for a spin. Your own irrational sensitivities have made you vulnerable to these things and I think you should learn how to identify whats real and whats just pure troll bait.

BigggReddd and GottaHaveHeart like this.
  6. aroundtheblock2

He can't shoot 3s for ****, I know that much.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Do you have any proof for what you're saying?

Riiight...when I see internet forums constantly joking about kicking all the darkies out and then posting how to spread their propaganda I'm the gullible one...

Yet you excuse their rampant racism with "Just jokes and trolls my man." Yay you.

More ad hom and less evidence though.

8. raining threes

Please explain what MAGA has to do with this thread?

African -American unemployment is at an unprecedented all time low.

Rokman likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

jontro loves you too breh. unless you love jerry lin or mergady too, then tinbreh will not allow us to love you.

10. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Preach. Why someone is proud or ashamed of their race makes no logical sense. It is like saying im proud to be a man or proud to a woman. Its like you put no effort into it why would you be proud of it?

I am proud I breathe air.

jacoby, B-Bob, malakas and 1 other person like this.
  11. Asian Sensation

5 pages so far and counting on Sam Dekker’s personal feelings and I contributed to the cause. FML it’s gonna be a long off season.

Invisible Fan, B-Bob and malakas like this.
  12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Not that I find what he said to be racist, but personally I'm not proud to be white. I just happen to be white. Not sure what there would be to be prideful about regarding being white. At least as a minority I can see having pride in overcoming adversity. Race pride is also seen as a source of empowerment, which white people don't really need because we already have the majority of power.

Houstunna and Invisible Fan like this.
  13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Here we go.
    Dekker did not say he was proud to be white. He said he was proud of who he was. You got had by the OP's race baiting trolling thread topic.

I see nothing good implying certain races should be more proud and other races should be more humble. How can we have equality with ignorant thinking such as this. We can't right the wrongs of the past by tipping the scale in the other direction. Otherwise we all could sit around trying to collect the debts since the beginning of time, and quite frankly, debts we have no business trying to collect in the first place.

MrButtocks and csj like this.
  14. juicystream

Nowhere did I say Dekker said that. You got had Space Ghost. I was responding to a post saying everyone should be proud of their race. Next time read everything before posting responses.

15. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Here are some things I thought while reading your reply.

1. I'm not waking up everyday with it on my mind. I'm not waking up thinking 'Ohhhh I'm sooo proud to be --insert race--, ohh how lucky I am!'
    That just doesn't happen. It isn't part of my daily thought process. Only in the rare instance that someone brings a racial topic up or asks if I'm comfortable with the color of my skin does it become a thought process.
    As an individual I am proud of who I am! If someone comes along and points a part out in some demeaning way, in this example the color of my skin, I'm going to reply back that I'm proud of the color of my skin. If I happen to be white, I'm going to reply that there isn't anything wrong with that and in fact I'm proud to be white.

2. You may have never been severely profiled. I don't know. I also don't know if that'd make any difference in your opinion on the matter.

3. In your situation in particular. It could very well be due to the bubble you live in. The bubble being living in an area where white is vastly the majority as you implied in your message. White isn't a world majority, it is a world minority. In many places you would be the minority and so in that sense, as stated by you, you can see yourself as having pride in overcoming adversity. You can see being white as 'a source of empowerment'. Your non-pride could just very well be a symptom of localization, a bubble boy.

rocketman12 likes this.
  16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Sam Dekker cannot be considered "white." His 3 point FG% is way too low.

jacoby and Houstunna like this.
  17. juicystream

1. I'm not ashamed nor am I proud. I'm white because my parents were white, and for no other reason. It isn't a choice. It isn't an accomplishment. My being white is merely a physical descriptor of me. I take pride in my actions & abilities.

2. I've been profiled, but nothing really negatively impacts me.

3. I grew up in a predominately black neighborhood, and in schools that were mixed very close to 50-50. Probably part of why I'm on a basketball forum because playing ball was what you did. It doesn't matter if white people aren't a worldwide majority. White people control more power in this country and really worldwide. Just look at Congress. Go see the G-7 or G-8 before that. The richest people in the world are primarily white. That is the implication. What I do acknowledge is that this is my experience and my beliefs, but not everyone will share that with me.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

OP: Please accept the worst thread of the year award, though I realize that it's only June.
    Official trophy:
    [​IMG]

CALI_MOST_WANTD and rocketman12 like this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

i am a proud middle aged black woman

[​IMG]

seclusion and BigggReddd like this.
  20. Senator

Senator Member

I believe more proud white men should be allowed in the nba based on diversity and inclusion.

BruceAndre likes this.