1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Definitely tampering going on between Magic, Lebron, and the purple & piss

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LosPollosHermanos, Jan 28, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

How much is the league gonna let Magic and Lebron get away with all this (obvious imo) tampering? Especially since he went over to the lakeshow

s3ts, Mathloom and BigMaloe like this.
  2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Silver at the moment.
    [​IMG]

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I mean, honestly a player owned agency is quite a serious issue.

There is direct circumventing going on in some shady gray areas of tampering.

Idk if it's technically illegal but man it should be.

Feel bad for NOP, not because Davis wants out that was assumed to happen, but because lebron and Rich Paul practically undermined the entire team.

Right before they have to reup season ticket holders also.

Pitiful tbh

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Klutch Sports should be barred from representing active NBA players until LeBron retires because of a clear conflict of interest. However, the league’s leadership doesn’t have the balls to drop the hammer like that.

5. DVauthrin

LeBron intentionally doesn’t have an ownership stake right now in Klutch Sports, but anyone with a brain knows that’s only to prevent tampering charges from sticking during his playing career.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Lebron can do whatever he wants, he’s even said as much a couple weeks ago.

NBA and Adam Silver Just turn the other way when it comes to anything he does or says.

I’d bet secretly their is quite a few rival GMs that can’t wait for him to retire. He sucks the life out of every story and franchise and seems to have problems with every new coach he gets till he can get his guy in there.

Lebron the player is awesome Lebron off the court in terms of team related is a lot to deal with.

I like Lebron he’s a good person and has never been in any trouble but he’s got serious entitlement issues once he joins a team. He’s changed a lot since his Miami days.

Plus I’m sick of Rachel Nichols slobbing on him with praise like he’s still the best player in the game just so she can get those one on one interviews.

roslolian, Koperboy, Fyreball and 7 others like this.
  7. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Screw the Lakers. If the Pelicans had any brains at all they wouldn't trade AD there. All their young players are trash. Kuzma, Ingram, Lonzo are all mediocre and wouldn't be talked about at all if they weren't on the Lakers.

Dacamel, raptorsguy, smp and 12 others like this.
  8. Senator

Senator Member

Democracy just doesn’t work in 2019. There’s too much information available to those who don’t know what to do with it, and you have the end of free competition. Monopolies form, hostile takeovers happen, and the gap between the haves and have nots increases. A better overall product will only happen with as much regulation as possible.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not a fan of Lebron, I don't hate him though. It isn't just elite play that gets you championships, It's luck too. Lebron has basically engineered his greatness by cutting out all the middle men and taking some of the luck out of it by doing things no other player has thought to do in business. Jordan was lucky all he had to do was worry about playing great. Lebron didn't stand by and hope his team and FO could get players to get him a championship; He went and got his championships by kind of gaming the system.

Lebron and his 3(4?) childhood best friends have bent a top 3 sports league to their will and It's truly a remarkable feat of savvy I haven't seen since Samuel L. Jackson told Tony Stark there was an Avengers initiative which started the MCU.

As a Rockets fan, I'm so salty, and I celebrate none of what Lebron is doing, but boy do I admire it.. crazy stuff, man. I have to give it Lebron: He's an evil genius.

#9 DreamShook, Jan 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Look at the bigger picture, players trading their own way to the Lakers is a time-honored tradition

Wilt basically traded himself to the Lakers to play on a super team.

Kareem demanded out of Milwaukee and had a short list of LA, NYC or DC

Shaq signed an FA deal

It's the way it works. We can only hope it doesn't work out for them.

roslolian and ramotadab like this.
  11. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

[​IMG]
    Sucks, but can't do much about it. Any player can pretty much do what they want at the end of their contract unless it's restricted. AD did his time with a team going nowhere...if he wants to go play with Lebron, so be it.

bmelo, don grahamleone and ramotadab like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

I would love to be wrong, but Silver isn’t going to prevent the Lakers from getting Davis. At best there is a fine.

The NBA product is very good but it is bordering on WWE too often.

raining threes, jcf, malakas and 3 others like this.
  13. DVauthrin

Davis is under contract through the end of next season. If he wants to go to Los Angeles once his contract expires, or the Pelicans decide to trade him first to extract value from him leaving, that’s fine. What’s not fine is an active NBA player being instrumental in creating a sports agency, recruiting active players to his agency, then steering those players to his team. Which is what LeBron is doing.

bmelo, Richie_Rich, malakas and 2 others like this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It's the Lakeshow .. . if he did this for Cleveland, OKC or Portland
    There would be hell to pay
    but
    The NBA seems eternally greatful and in love with LA and Boston
    that they will allow anything

Chicago and NYC are secondary places

Rocket River

don grahamleone and DreamShook like this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It will be interesting to see how things goes once LeBron retires
    Will they have enough players in their stable to continue their business tactics
    I don't doubt it . .. but it will be interesting

Rocket River

DreamShook likes this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What tampering?

[​IMG]

#16 heypartner, Jan 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    raining threes, Zboy, Nook and 4 others like this.
  17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Why is it piss and gold not purple and piss? You missed a moment for alliteration and pee is rarely purple.

18. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Very smart - LeBron realized agencies run the nba and decided to get into that business before his career is over.

Sucks to say tho

19. DVauthrin

I don’t put anything past LeBron. Say what you want about him, but he’s a great business man. However, professional sports leagues vet new owners all the time for conflicts of interest. This should be no different. If LeBron wants to continue working in the NBA in any capacity, he has to cut all ties with Klutch Sports. But, the issue is Rich Paul can still steer guys to LeBron’s organization without LeBron being actively involved.

raining threes likes this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

What should the NBA not allow?

If Anthony Davis wants to play for the Lakers he can sign a deal there in 2020.

If the Pelicans want to trade him to the Lakers before then they can do it. They can also trade him to any other team (i don't think he has veto power).

Hardly a development that a guy wants to go to a glamour franchise.

If guys are taking below market amounts to circumvent teh salary cap and getting it made up in under-the-table deals that's maybe one thign the League should look at...but this?