1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Decision Making - We need to step it up!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aznoob, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

There are way too many bad decisions made by the rockets in this game.

1. Artest seems to ALWAYS wave Yao off. There was one instance where Yao had Boozer pinned deep (like, Yao could throw it up vertically and it would go in deep), but Artest was like, "nah, I'll take it in myself and make it."

2. Wafer and Lowry seemed to switch to a mindset of "It's on me to win this game"-itis or something, in the middle of the 3rd quarter. Doug Collins hit it on the head when he said these two fast guards are taking Scola, Battier, and Yao out of the game completely.

3. There were several instances where the ball was passed to Battier, and other Rockets, in which he took one look inside, saw that Yao was TRYING to get position (so he didn't have it yet), and Battier passes back to the person that passed it to him on the perimeter, which by then, Yao had gotten pretty good position. If Shane would have waited for two seconds, it would have most likely gone to Yao, who would probably have taken that shot.

We need to take a long, hard look at tape before the next game with the Clippers.

We can't afford to make bad decisions. Not against the Jazz. Not against the Clippers. Not against anyone.

2. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Yao didn't have trouble getting position at all this game and didn't get the ball; however, to be fair he had a bad shooting night anyways so he is also to blame. You can't keep feeding Yao if he is shooting terrible. Our offense in general wasn't clicking.

3. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Sure, I'll give you that, but the offense needs to run through Yao. Yao got great position all game (no fronting either), so I guess this game fell to the three point shooters.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.