1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are my threads constantly deleted?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Aznoob, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

I'm just a poster voicing my opinion. Shouldn't I get the same treatment as everyone else?

2. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

i have no idea why your threads got deleted, maybe because they sucked. :p

3. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Your opinion is either monotonous or irrelevant, so technically you do get the same treatment as everyone else. Pipe down Nancy. ;)

4. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

How can an opinion be monotonous? You can't hear the tone of what I'm saying on the web. Duh. And how can an opinion be irrelevant? It concerns the Rockets, which, last time I checked, is what this forum primarily covers.

:) Just saying.

5. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

This one will be deleted too.

6. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Yeah, I don't know why the mods would keep this one, and not support my other ones.

7. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

i believe the mods are trying cut down the amount of crappy threads in the GARM. a lot of the things said are repetitive and could easily have been posted in other threads. my thread was simply moved to the post game analysis, not deleted!

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Probably because your opening posts belong in the post-game thread.

I think it's a good thing the mods are cracking down on this. Too many members start new threads just to make sure their post gets read by more people. The lesson here is if you don't have something original to say, find an existing thread to post in.

Keep up the good work mods in trying to reduce the clutter in the GARM.

9. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

be happy you arnt demoted yet.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If you are referring to the following :

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=4356887&postcount=289

That was merged with the post game analysis thread as it was clearly commentary on the game itself. If you find your threads are "constantly deleted", there may be an issue in where you're posting them and they may not be getting deleted, but merged into appropriate threads. It's rare threads get "deleted" unless they're just offensive. Barring that, they're usually just moved to the appropriate forum or merged into existing threads that already have the same topic being discussed.

Honestly, that's a good post, btw - you did nothing wrong other than posting it outside the game thread.

11. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

While this may be true, almost 75% of the threads here belong in the post game section. I just don't get why I'm singled out.

What is this supposed to mean? I'm not some noob trying to get attention with caps lock or anything like that. It's happened to me three times before. But, as I look around, people are posting threads that sometimes don't even make sense.

Why should I be demoted?

12. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

ownage

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes sir, I am SO happy to see the forum starting to clean up a little bit...

I am having fun reading all the quality posters right now...

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Advice: Don't start these threads right after games. This is when the mods are on-the-lookout. Perhaps you do this so often that when the mods see a thread started by "Aznoob", they have you pegged.

On a serious note, I wish they would take it further and chop or combine the remaining "75%" of new GARM threads that are unnecessary. The GARM is a wasteland and more needs to be done about it, but the mods only have so much time.

15. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Hey, you put it into perspective for me. Thanks. :)

16. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

its because ur aznoob...note "noob"

17. TheBigAristotle

Why is my contributing member status not here yet?

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

If you start a thread that says, "We lost this game because..." and proceed to tell us why, that is tailor-made for the post-game analysis thread. We merge them ... we don't delete them. If your threads are "constantly deleted" in your mind, then you're constantly creating these types of threads.

What does this have to do with this thread?

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Boom - roasted!

20. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

i am glad the threads are being merged.

i bet if u look at the data...90% of the stupid threads are created right after a game.

why do u want it anyway? as long as u can read the threads and reply in posts..who cares right?

i mean look at me. i can't even edit my posts anymore. so much for contributing.