1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Blatt Fired

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DorianTurk, Jan 22, 2016.

1. DreamEarlNolan

Lebron destroyed the Cleveland franchise when he left, gutted a perennial championship contender when he left Miami, and has become a dictator currently in Cleveland, but for the most part he still seems to be loved by the media and NBA fans. Like the Woj piece shows, he didn't come back to Cleveland for the fans, he came back to push his management company and to acquire power he couldn't in Miami. Again, why is Dwight Howard the most hated guy in the NBA? I don't get it.

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

They got it from leader "23".

3. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

So a team that went to the finals last year, has the 3rd best record in the league and best in the east just ups and fires the head coach, and apparently didn't speak a word of it to lebron.....

Yeah okay lebron we believe you

4. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

For those who don't know, Brian Windhorst was a no-name Cleveland hack who got his national gig by sucking Lebron's ****. He has zero journalistic integrity.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

6. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Because la fans are the worst?

There is not a single thing that does not get run by lb....he might have been surprised at the fact that they probably fired him a day earlier then they had notified him ;)

Blatt was not a good fit, i really think mo should of been getting minutes. That team nearly puts me to sleep now a days...i can never keep my attention up watching them. Only player exciting to watch is Irving.

As far as not being fair that Blatt had the best record...well, when you have a player that can take nearly any team he goes to, to the finals...you cover up a lot of flaws.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Uhh Lebron was the reason Cavs and Miami were contenders in the first place. I dont like his takeover if the Cavs franchise but please stop making **** up Cavs and Miami imploded because he was the only one carrying those teams.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Time to go after Blatt? Wouldnt mind having him he's like the Euro version of Carlisle.

9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I guess you missed the article posted by J.R....

10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

*tmacfor35

11. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I'm reading comments saying LeBron shouldn't have so much power in Cleveland. Why not? The team was garbage before him and now competes for titles with him. That's direct on the court impact. Off the court, the team doubled in value when he returned, to over $1B.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...creases-cavaliers-valuation-to-over-1-billion

Please explain why a free agent shouldn't be given that type of power when he contributes that much on and off the court? He's still on 1 year options, right?

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tyronn Lue on what he'll do differently than Blatt: &quot;I wouldn't say 'differently,' I would say 'better.'&quot;</p>&mdash; Dave McMenamin (@mcten) <a href="https://twitter.com/mcten/status/690927806893670400">January 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tyronn Lue says his three biggest coaching influences are Doc Rivers, Phil Jackson and Jerry West. Not a bad triumvirate.</p>&mdash; Dave McMenamin (@mcten) <a href="https://twitter.com/mcten/status/690936189759660032">January 23, 2016</a></blockquote>

14. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

The Cavs were bottom dwellers before Lebron arrived and took them to the finals a few times.

The Heat regressed to barely making the playoffs before winning 2 more championships after Lebron arrived.

Post-LBJ Cleveland was once again bottom dwellers despite multiple top draft picks before reaching the finals again thanks to Lebron.

You are making no logical sense here.

While I get why it's crazy to think you'd fire a coach of a team with one of the top records in the league, does anyone here actually watch them regularly besides me? It has not been pretty basketball, and they are nowhere in the same league as SA or GSW right now. They have gotten by mostly on talent. They lack consistent defensive effort and offensive teamwork.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

I don't know why people are surprised.

16. malakas

malakas Member

Because a player is not a gm or coach and basketball is a team sport. Lebron cant win vs the spurs or warriors alone 1 vs 5. Esp since his decisions are not for the good of the team but for his own personal profit. He made money from thompson. He used his power to get more money instead of the benefit of the team. Thats why.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">From <a href="https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee">@MrMichaelLee</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Pistons?src=hash">#Pistons</a> Coach Stan Van Gundy GOES IN on the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cavs?src=hash">#Cavs</a> &amp; the firing of David Blatt: <a href="https://t.co/HwHEuYGmdR">pic.twitter.com/HwHEuYGmdR</a></p>&mdash; Rachel Nichols (@Rachel__Nichols) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/691014418721705984">January 23, 2016</a></blockquote>

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Crikey. Nothing like starting out humble. Looking forward to Cleveland's > 75% winning out now. (And also: LOL.)

19. Drogba

Drogba Member

Stan van Gundy is a clown. Still salty the Heat won a title after they got rid of the fat fraud.

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

Gotta love SVG and he's 100% right! How the **** are they expected to keep their jobs if a #1 seed coach cannot keep his..