1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Blatt Fired

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DorianTurk, Jan 22, 2016.

1. malakas

malakas Member

We are all just lucky that there is Woj to bring the truth to the surface and be a real journalist. Otherwise the narrative would be only onesided here full of lies and the details about Klutch Sports unknown.

1 person likes this.
  2. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

i like how lebron cant even own his actions

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

LeBron doesn't deserve the praise even though:

- The team went from lotto to Finals in his first season.
    - The team practically doubled in value when he returned.

Ok....

4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I find it odd how everyone is defending Blatt's job at the moment, yet throughout the playoffs, last year. Especially, during the Chicago series, everyone was calling for his job or were making him a punchline. Yet, they should try to save his job, even though they've went 0-4 against two teams that they could potentially meet in the Finals and team fighting in the locker room. The Cavs are a good team, but look at what conference they are in and talent of the team. The Cavs should be under 10 losses, right now. They are underachieving.

I do think Blatt got the short end of stick, but he got hired on a team that didn't have LeBron James on it. With LeBron, his teams have to be in championship mode. I don't think Blatt is ready for a team like that yet.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Coaches ***** on players every year
    Blatant attempts to screw the players already short careers
    everyone is ok with this
    the mere HINT that a player did the same to a coach people lose their fricking mind

We so married to he PECKING ORDER that me have the Coach is always right mentality

I mean . . look what Doc did to JSmoove

I don't know who got ole boy fired but the amount of crap going LeBron's ways is a bit much
    If he did complain and get the coach fired
    how is that different than a coach complaining and benching or trading a player?
    Hell coach had JSmoove CUT from Detroit

Rocket River

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

No order = chaos

Coach Pop always preaches... players need to get over themselves.

LeBron is a wild child.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Pop lost in the 1st round last year. The heat are in 8th place and might not make the playoffs.

Lebron has been to the finals 5 years in a row and last year with no love and a banged up Kyrie.

1 person likes this.
  8. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Woj's article is perhaps the finest sports journalism of the year. He bravely speaks the whole truth and reveals ESPN to be pathetic ********ers.

9. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Note ESPN had their hacks cobble together an unreadable tome right after Woj's piece came out to try to change the narrative.

Woj is amazing.

10. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Please read Woj's article, since it is obvious you have not. Woj accuses Lebron of manipulating the situation for further financial gain. I doubt Woj made this up, since he could be sued as the allegations are extremely specific. And this makes Lebron a total piece of ****.

11. Outlier

Outlier Member

Are we doing a" what have you done for me lately" thing here?

Pop has the highest win percentage of all coaches ever. Has maintained a team for 16 years. Five rings. Pop deserves more respect than.... oh he lost in the 1st round last year. That is idiotic.

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

If as a Rockets fan, having one coach for almost 2 decades doesnt impress you... when the Rockets have gone through 5 coaches in 2 decades. Something is wrong with you.

Continuity is taken for granted. Who wants to work for a company that has a lot of turnaround? That's who LeBron reminds me of. A hard working coworker who has a lot of power because he's good... but always wants it his way at the expense of others. That company wont ever be good as the fortune 500 company that has sustained excellence. Talking from a team standpoint and not a player fan standpoint here. LeBron is an superstar who is way too into himself.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Wojo hates James and has for years... His tweets are gold breaking news, his articles are always overly dramatic hit pieces. I feel sorry a man lost his job (although he still gets all his $) but Blatt wasn't a very good NBA head coach. The Cavs and James have a limited window. Honestly Blatt was comically bad, not understanding basic rules.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Maybe the Spurs have had one coach for over 20 years because he is really good?

15. malakas

malakas Member

Even after filtering for woj agenda the facts are damning. Do you honestly think that woj is posting outright lies about klutch sports? About jackson? About the pressure on lue to change agent?
    Take out the spirit of the article and the personal comments that are sprinkled and just see the facts.
    Lebron is Machiavelli. And in contrast to former superstars who also ousted their coaches he has 10 times more power. He is the vice president of the nbpa. He is the owner of an agency. And he is one of the highest players in the league. That has never happened before.

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Man Woj took Lebron and his agency behind the shed...That really was a hard hitting article and well worth a read. Woj da Gawd...

17. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I've never seen a player disrespect a coach as much as lebron disrespected Blatt, but we will keep talking **** about Dwight leaving Orlando

1 person likes this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

we are lucky for Woj because most of the other so called journalists are just ball lickers. I can already see it now. Jackson the new head coach of the Cavs and they would applaud it and say it is a great idea. The BSPN crew would clap their hands.
    No sense of looking at his agent or how a coach who was a complete and utter joke, a priest instead of a coach, came to this job.
    Meanwhile Bron would just pocket another commision.
    There has never been an active player before who gains direct financial gain from another teammate or coach getting a new contract. When Thompson got his money so did Lebron. When Jackson would be hired, lebron would get money. And more power.

And there is no sense in crying foul play because who you think controls for unethical practice from agents and can try to change the rules? THE NBPA. :grin:

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cavs new coach Tyronn Lue says he thinks it got tough in the locker room when they lost badly to Golden State. Said they lost confidence. — Chris Haynes

Tyronn Lue on what he'll do differently than Blatt: "I wouldn't say 'differently,' I would say 'better.'" — Dave McMenamin

Tyronn Lue says he will use Kevin Love on elbow more and get him more post touches. But he stressed to Love that sacrificing is still key. — Chris Haynes

Tyronn Lue says he's going to use a 10-man rotation and says he'll get Mo Williams back in it. — Chris Haynes

Tyronn Lue, when told that the pressure is really on him to win: "Or I'll be next. I know." — MrMichaelLee

LeBron James says he was surprised and caught off guard with the news of David Blatt's firing. Said it was unfortunate. — Chris Haynes

LeBron on David Griffin: "I think he was right on everything he said ... Like it or love it or hate it, we got to respect it" — Dave McMenamin

LeBron James on people thinking he influenced Blatt's ouster: "I can't get caught up in worrying about what other people think. I stopped caring about that a long time ago." — Chris Haynes

LeBron James said he told us that it wasn't all about wins and losses when they were on winning streaks. Said now we know what he means. — Chris Haynes

#199 J.R., Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  20. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Surprised the loss affected them to this extent. I mean it was just one game in the middle of the season. They definitely have some mental issues. Spurs/GSW sweep this team for sure in the finals.