1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey on 790

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 17, 2013.

1. DeliD

DeliD New Member

1 person likes this.
  2. rj3000

rj3000 Member

Anybody have and suggestions on sports radio podcast stations? Seems like most of the Houston ones mostly centered on the Texans. I was hoping with the Texans tanking they would start talking more about the Rockets but haven't found any shows that devote more time to the Rockets. I don't see how you have talk shows discussing for hours how bad the Texans are.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They were fired for basketball reasons, basically. They weren't doing a bad job or getting poor ratings.

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

you listen to the pod casts and you hear the word "like" used way too often, it's as if the teenage life of over using the word in the wrong situations, has filtered in to the adult world and it is really annoying hearing it.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

During the season, you can listen to Clutchfans and Rockets.com's podcast. Hopefully they will be updated somewhat regularly. The Truehoop Network's Rockets blog also podcasts, though not sure how often. Check out The Starters (formerly The Basketball Jones) podcast as well, which will be daily. The Rockets are sure to be one of the more popular teams under discussion.

6. Illegal Machine

They made too much money. I suspected it (they HAD to get huge contracts to get them away from 610). Matt Jackson confirmed it on his twitter page a couple weeks ago.

7. Illegal Machine

"on his twitter page". I sound like I'm 60 talking about it. He tweeted to someone trolling him that he got canned because he made too much money, not bad ratings.

8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I can't believe 790 neutered themselves by cutting Matt and Adam. I faithfully tuned in to hear them talk rockets basketball.

9. jedicro

jedicro Member

I stopped listening to 790 when they fired Matt Jackson and Adam Wexler. They were the best show in Houston sports radio and I loved their interviews with Morey. Now they're gone and the new lineup is lame.

790 can suck it.

10. rj3000

rj3000 Member

I agree. You look on their podcast website and it's all Texans 24/7. How monotonous can that be on such a terrible team. You know it's bad when all they can talk about is the fan's booing/cheering. Hopefully it will change once the regular NBA season starts.

http://www.sports790.com/media/

11. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

In the past most hosts on all the stations didn't even spend a single segment previewing the average regular season Rockets game that was playing that night, so expecting them to spend time on the preseason was unrealistic. Even less so with many of the hosts not having comcast to watch the games. Of course every station seems to believe that their listeners don't care about anything but football 100% of the time. It is unfortunate that we need to spend an entire week discussing the problems the Texans are having and not even 10% of that time discussing the Rockets though.

12. jedicro

jedicro Member

What makes it even more ridiculous is that 790 is the radio home of the rockets. That's why Morey did an interview with them today. He's done Thursday interviews with whatever station was home for the Rockets for as long as I can remember.

Whatever, the Texans futility makes me happy. At least the morons who don't care about the Rockets are in misery.

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Guys, thanks for the information concerning the change. I really thought those two are in the vacation since they were doing their jobs, there is no a reason to make a change. Right now I can only hear the football talk whenever I switch to the 790, then I have to switch to the Music station. Dammit, I can listen to Charlie Pallio in the afternoon right now, what else can I follow?

14. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

the morey interviews were pretty good last season. didn't hear it this morning, hopefully these guys get better. i think lance is pretty good on bball at least he used to be.

15. conquistador#11

i think lance knows a lot about football, rockets, tv and food but the guy he has been paired up with is not efficient, 5% truesportsknowledge percentange. That's about the same as rich lord's partner.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Cringe worthy question by Clanton about Harden's teeth. Must have forgot he wasn't posting on Clutchfans and was actually doing an interview.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Interesting. So far no one in this thread has mentioned what Morey said about Lin and Beverley, including:

1) "Jeremy and Patrick have probably been the best players on the whole team."

2) "I do think that coach will end up probably closing with Jeremy and Patrick playing together quite a bit" if they keep up their level of performance, along with Harden, Dwight and maybe Parsons at the 4.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I think they would have Harden play the 4 instead, like in the playoffs. Harden has a longer wing-span than Parsons and only a slightly shorter standing reach.

19. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I thought that too. Though, I believe SVG will be the Rockets coach sooner or later. He knows how to "get Dwight the ball." :grin:

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

Another good tidbit...Morey said that whoever starts (between Lin and Beverley) is probably going to come down to "fit" and who starts at the 4 spot....that points me more towards Beverley.