1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel house IS Overrated here.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Feb 14, 2019.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

he already did that.... when is shumpert even going to have ONE good game ?

OP needs a neg train

Nick_713 and J.R. like this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Harden would be mvp if it wasn’t for those ****ing assholes (mostly Tillman)

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

No it shouldn't. Some of you cats just want to be mad at anything. Rockets have their best team NOW like Morey said he wanted to do. You can't blame the FO because they wanted to lock down an asset.

HP3, RayRay10 and Handles like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

wtf?

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Sending him to the g league cost us 4 wins at least. Subtract those and harden is in the lead for MVP (in the eyes of the media haters)

rhee, Hakeemtheking and DaDakota like this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Dude is easily our best small forward and a perfect fit for the way the Rockets play, is young, and has tons to prove.

And yet some of y’all STILL wanted Shumpert over him. I am disgusted.

icewill36 and DaDakota like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

See this is another argument that House inexplicably springs up. We all like House, but there are many that don't think he is adding that many wins. I have grown to hate Danuel..

HP3 and RayRay10 like this.
  8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Yes I can. The Rockets are trying to win a championship this season, and the present trumps the future right now. The team spent two months without their best small forward because the front office refused to swallow their pride concerning converting players on two-way contracts.

bj3175 likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Show the receipts. That's a blanket statement. Point them out. I thought the argument was between Ennis and Shumpert.

Little Bit likes this.
  10. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Ennis > Shampert

11. Handles

Handles Member

But we have him for the playoffs... We’re obviously all in right now. How can you be upset when we’re going to field our best possible team for the playoffs? Morey always states we just need to be at our best come playoffs, and I think we will be.

It’s worth a few regular season losses (arguable that house would have even made the difference) to attempt to lock down house long term. That’s a small trade off for that chance. Chances aren’t looking good that we can keep house now, and yet we still brought him back because we want to be our best come playoffs.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I dont mean to be the hater , i think house is doing a good job, but doesnt Green do similar things?
    He is just taking away shots from gordon and shutting green out of the lineup. I mean , you could throw terrence williams in there he probably look good off Harden. No seriously.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

:eek:

14. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

There are a jillion House threads, can someone explain to me his status for next year and our anticipated ability to keep him?

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Green is effort and shooting. House brings shooting, scoring (different than shooting, Someone who can drive to the basket), length, defense.

Gordon is so streaky so some else to take shots from him, take the pressure off is a good thing.

D-rock and RayRay10 like this.
  16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Danuel House Jr.

Give this man the max

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I’m happy House Jr. is back up now, but Morey took a major gamble with team chemistry at a time when the Rockets needed every win and healthy body they could get. It ended up working out, but it could easily have backfired. Credit to House Jr. for picking up where he left off tonight, but it was no sure thing that would happen after a two-month layoff.

Also, when somebody earns their place in an organization, they do not deserve to have it stripped from them because of a contract dispute. I don’t care what profession you are in, you reward those that perform well. Danuel House Jr. performed well in his initial 45-day stint as a Rocket, and he got banished to the G-League because of Morey’s refusal to convert players on two-way contracts. That’s simply not right, and, at a minimum, the contract standoff should not have lasted two months.

#478 DVauthrin, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    Hakeemtheking likes this.
  19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

You honestly think it was Morey that refused to convert the contract? Morey is doing everything he can to go below the tax line and of course that probably has to do with Tilman's refusal to pay a repeater tax. Morey isn't blind nor stupid! I guarantee he just wanted to sign him late in order to save as much money as possible!

snowconeman22 and D-rock like this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You want more?

[​IMG]

D-rock and Easy like this.