1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I hear Steve Nash is available.....just as good an idea as David Lee.

2. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, since the Rockets will most likely be over the cap at the time of acquiring Haywood, he will not be eligible to have his salary aggregated in trades until late August/early September. His contract becomes fully guaranteed on August 1, so he'd need to be dealt or waived before then.

The most Haywood could bring back in trades for Houston is about $15.5 million . . . so it's unlikely he'd be able to get a full max player. But he can still be used to make a lot a potentially significant trades nonetheless.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If David Lee is indeed available as a cheap free agent signing, the Rockets should absolutely go after him. He does have weaknesses, but has a better chance at filling his role competently than most guy available at a low price. It's the same thoughts I had about Josh Smith.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What role would that be?

5. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

How did you become a contributing member in here young grasshopper, YOUR not worth answering. And because my opinion is not the same as your young opinion I guess that makes me stupid LOL.

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Denver is trying to persuade Sacramento to give up a 6th pick for Lawson. They are valuing Lawson very high.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He's good in the fast break, plays smart and is a team player (made evident by his heroics in the playoffs when he played injured and this year he took a back seat to Draymond and didn't make a huge fuss to the media.) Listen, he has his faults but I'd love him as a back up 4, he basically provides what Scola would provide at a younger age.

8. benchmoochie

Everyone has different opinions. You must first learn the difference between "you're" and "your". In addition, the run on sentences and lack of proper punctuation should be cleaned up.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What makes you "stupid" is using "your" when you mean to use "you're". The fact that you have awful basketball takes tells us nothing as to your intelligence.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

As the fourth or fifth rotation big.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The issue with that is that you'd have him out there with Capela then and the spacing would be abysmal. Also, there's the fact that he probably won't make it more than half the season uninjured so you'd need another PF to come in and be your backup while he's on the sidelines.

12. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Again more blah blah ...the problem is ppl think you ARE worth answering just cuz you are a contributing members when the most you contribute is LOLs and opinionless hate...because somehow someway even without mentioning anything basketball related your are a contributing members which is truly a travesty because ppl take those members seriously even though ur opinions remind me of the same opinions my walls here have...and no i didnt say your opinoions are stupid , you didnt even state one to begin with, i said you just "laughed off" dmo likers and didnt even give a reason y you thought Lee would fit better, and you replied to my post still not giving one...and then you said iam not worth answering lol..

13. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

The questions isnt weather david lee would be a good a add to our rotation which he would be, its that he fits this team perfectly and is a better fit then DMO which is ludicrous...

14. benchmoochie

Again, you are going off about cyberx opinion.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah, he provides some additional scoring punch and rebounding off the bench which we were lacking for stretches last year. He did average 18 ppg in 2013-14.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yep. Depth is good

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

NBA basketball player.

18. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

They have to value him highly, especially right now because everyone knows that he wants out and that they want to deal him but they are going to try and get the most they can for him. SAC would be dumb to trade the pick for Lawson because the 6 pick this year could be someone pretty valuable for them like Cauley Stein.

19. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Bobby in the 15 years I've been in here as a clutch fan you take the cake as far as degrading this fan site. Calling me stupid is uncalled for.

1 person likes this.
  20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Agree with all this. Lee can still contribute on offense, so if he can be had for cheap then I'd be all for it.

If Jones and Smoove leave, our big man rotation could be:

DMo/Lee/Scola
    Dwight/Capela/Dorsey

Yes, that makes us very weak defensively at the backup 4, but we could always play Dorsey some spot minutes at the 4. And, hey, if he worked on his 3s this off season, then maybe......

But for real, the benefit of that frontline is (other than Dwight) it's extremely cheap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.