1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Current Steph Curry or prime Dwyane Wade?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jul 29, 2017.

?

Who was better?

1. Dwyane Wade

52 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. Stephen Curry

32 vote(s)
    38.1%
  1. 92i

92i Member

Prime Curry, and I hate the Warriors.

2. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I don't know who is/was better, but they were both annoying as f*** to watch.

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Old ass curry should age well. Much easier for a shooter to age than someone who relied on his athleticism.

4. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Slow fake melo news day

5. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Gimmie Prime Wade.

6. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Curry, pretty easily. Wade was a conventionally great offensive player, Curry in some ways breaks the game with his range. He demands defense guard him out to silly distances, completely stretching and distorting defenses in way that no player, even Jordan, has ever done. Forcing the defense to defend so much more of the floor opens up the offense for all of his teammates. And he's not a one-dimensional shooter--he's a fantastic driver and finisher, a creative passer and even rebounds well for his position. He averaged close to a triple-double in the 2017 Finals.

His defense gets knocked because he's small, so people assume he's terrible. He's actually a smart defender with good technique and great anticipation (one reason he's always among the league leader in steals). If he were 6'6'', he'd be a top-flight defender. I don't think Wade has much of an edge, if any, on that end of the court. And certainly nothing that would eliminate the completely bonkers way that Curry breaks opposing defensive schemes. Curry routinely puts up ridiculous +/- margins because of his defense-breaking ability. LeBron James is about the only one who ever challenges his on/off court metrics and Curry led everyone by a wide margin in +/- in the 2017 playoffs.

Daddy Long Legs, el gnomo and jacoby like this.
  7. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Steven curry is the most fraudulent player in NBA history. Only player in to make harden look like an elite defender.

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Bruh, only your mother gives more dudes a free pass to the hole than Harden.

9. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Curry, now and 10 years from now. His shooting will sustain his longevity. A 38-year-old Curry will still find a place as a veteran on the Warriors or some other contender even if it means a reduced role ala Ray Allen as a clutch shooter. The wheels came off the Wade wagon on the other side of 30 once his athleticism began to decline.

10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Steph curry really is under rated by a ton of fans because of the resentment that we hold against him due to the media slobfest but the truth is 2015-16 curry was a MONSTER.

He led a team to 73 wins while being the only true superstar on the team. The year before he also kicked ass when thompson was out with a wrist sprain so it was curry, green, bogut and friends during that stretch.

KD coming kind of killed his super duper star status and some of my respect for him though.

Either way, too many fans think hes not good just because he's not buff, athletic, and monstrous like westbrook but dude is on his way to being one of the greatest to ever play.

Ill take curry over prime wade but 2006 finals mightve been the best finals performance that ive ever seen.

el gnomo likes this.
  11. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Okay now say that without your boyfriend Steven curry's dick in your mouth

#31 icecreamman, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I think that this narrative is overblown. Remember young steph droppin 50 in MSG, going crazy the end of his rookie year to overtake jennings as runner up ROY, and carrying his team to an upset over the 3rd seeded denver nuggets and scaring the spurs at the time?

Look i hate the warriors extremely but im trying to be objective. Steph is damn good.

el gnomo likes this.
  13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Lmao. I stay owning you like your momma pimp own her.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He's obviously very good, but he can't carry a team. He just doesn't have what it takes. Luckily for him, he doesn't have to.

15. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

I never in my life seen any rockets fan defend a player who's on our current rival team who just so happens to be the biggest fraud in NBA history.

16. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Curry is the GOAT so not sure how this is even a valid question.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Carmelo Anthony.

Daddy Long Legs and Jontro like this.
  18. Jontro

Jontro Member

wade has a goat wife

19. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Wade did more statistically but I hated watching him crash defenders, throw up a prayer and go to the free throw line. One of the worst times to be a Rockets fan at that moment because I think we were pretty good defensively but we'd get caught at this kind of cheap tricks every time.

I think Curry is an easy add to any team thats not downright horrible. He doesn't need to handle the ball all the time, shares with Green and Durant. Efficient. Need to hide him defensively. I think he's easier to add to any team thats competing for a championship. The media spotlight on him and Ayesha though.

Truly a hard decision to make because I hate them both equally

20. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Question really is, who's coaching?