1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cruelty

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Jun 9, 2018.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Because the numbers posted do not support any of trump's claims... nor do they support the claims made in this thread. Interesting to note, you source concludes:

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The numbers you posted don't suggest anything about that claim actually.

It's similar to if someone listed a fact like that right around 50% of the murders in the US are committed by black people and you attempted to counter with stats showing a growing black population and a decreasing murder rate, you wouldn't actually be refuting their claim.

Of course that's not the only reason your talking point was BS, it also attempts to conflate the entire foreign born population with that of illegal immigrants which is obviously dishonest.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The FY 2015 convictions were proven false because what again? lol

Claims made in this thread were illegals commit less crime than the population overall. You never disputed (obviously), just called them false because reasons.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's kind of a trend in here, people will say that they proved something false without actually doing so and then claim victory. It's not just the DNC propaganda bot doing it.

5. Bandwagoner

Illegal aliens were convicted of no antitrust violations in 2015. Wrap it up. All other stats are irrelevant.

I like that the left have embraced alternative facts tho.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The CATO institute isn't the left. Neither is the peer review journal called "Criminology" Those are two of four separate studies that all agree, and disagree with your alternative facts.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...lly-commit-more-crime/?utm_term=.c911148797e1

http://www.politifact.com/californi...-true-undocumented-immigrants-less-likely-co/

7. NewRoxFan

You tried to suggest illegal aliens commit more murders when the facts clearly show they don't. So you try to dodge. That's expected. Btw, Cato is the leading libertarian think tank. Glad to correct you again. Waiting for your next effort to dodge.

8. NewRoxFan

Perhaps Cato should do a study on the increasing criminal rate of trump family and administration.

9. NewRoxFan

I've posted thus before, you seem very slow, so here you go... three charts that show you are wrong...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime/

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's behind a paywall but if those charts are anything like the ones you posted earlier, they don't actually say what you think they say....or let's be honest, bots don't think so they don't say what the people running your account are claiming that they say.

11. Bandwagoner

Illegal aliens 5.5% of murders FY 2015. Number I have posted before. I don't think you disputed this number as incorrect, so I fail to see a disconnect.

So the simple fact is they disproportionately over represent for murder.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In the mind of who gives him his talking points, I'm sure pointing to murder rates among LEGAL immigrants or the declining numbers when it comes to the murder rate overall "debunks" your specific facts.

13. Bandwagoner

That would have worked if he had not just made a specific claim about murder. I think he got off script a bit and forgot the exact language.

14. NewRoxFan

Sorry, but the data from multiple studies including the Cato Institute show illegal aliens have a lower murder and crime rate. Its really simple. Even for you.

15. Bandwagoner

You haven't posted any numbers that dispute the USSC I posted. You just ignore it. 5.5% murders FY2015

Even if you include legal aliens they account for 42.4% of kidnapping convictions from 2011-2016 while only representing 8.4% of the population. This is all data directly from USSC so you can't say the numbers are junk you just dodge then attempt to gaslight.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I can't see to whom you're replying, but it's hard to fathom people debating this. Surely even his supporters know what he's up to, and it ain't about facts. Never had been. He's a marketing guy.

17. NewRoxFan

You can keep repeating numbers, but the data shows that illegal immigrants have lower crime rates and lower murder rates. Which again was the point being discussed.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Have whoever runs your account look up some numbers to counter his with if you really think your talking points are representative of reality.

19. Bandwagoner

That's the first time I posted the kidnapping numbers. So it isn't me repeating them, it is you repeatedly ignoring them. Like 8.4% of the population being responsible for 31.5% of the federal drug convictions.

20. Spooner

Spooner Member

So let me get this straight. A guy who has 1/3 of your post count in 3x the amount of time you've been here is a bot. Get a job maybe?

SF3isBack!! likes this.