1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Pretty much confirms what I thought. I knew that the way he was moving, it couldnt be due to decline, but more an injury. He's been moving better than last year, his jump shot has just been broke and thats cause of this injury.

BaselineFade, Reeko and BigggReddd like this.
  2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

People saying Paul is washed don't understand how injuries and the decline of players works. If you're a superstar, you're not suddenly sh*t after 3 months of rehabbing a PULLED HAMMY, not torn. Unless you're the caliber of Josh Smith with one or two traits keeping you on a roster, dropoffs like that just do not happen. Superstars are far too dynamic in their game to just fall off a cliff.

cbs1507, BaselineFade, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Yup, all Ive been hearing for days was about how Paul was washed and his contract is terrible, and then I see people questioning the injury itself. CFs man, reactionary, bad takes.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, he was getting the exact same shots as last year and just missing...it’s not like he could no longer get in the paint or create enough separation to get his shot off

I mean, CP3 is even shooting only 77% from the line which is by far a career low. It’s obvious the elbow on his shooting hand has been really affecting him.

In the span of 1 summer he just went from superstar to falling off a cliff? Lol

cbs1507, BaselineFade and BigggReddd like this.
  5. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Chris was not selfish for wanting to play. EG was out as well. Harden missed time. Now GG is out. It would have forced MCW back into the rotation. I will take a 50% CP over a 100% MCW any day. Look at our roster. If any combo (2) of CP, EG, or James has to sit for any extended period we are screwed.

The free throws made it obvious to me that he is hurt. Even old guys can hit free throws. He is only playing because he knows he has to.

CP is an OG.

cbs1507, HP3 and BigShasta like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro its so crazy that no one wanted to give our HALL OF FAME point guard a chance. Sheesh, also no knows how a decline works lol.

Reeko likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

yet theres years out there for melo's decline and people still failed to recognize it. 10 games in cp3 apparently is done after still proving to be an elite player.

the logic around here...

Reeko likes this.
  8. gogispade

gogispade Member

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't buy it. The videos I watched during the offseason of CP3 showed me a very quick Chris Paul. If he's slowed any, it's from playing 35.2 minutes per game. No way should he play that many minutes at this stage of his career unless it's during the playoffs, in my opinion.

cbs1507 likes this.