1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Computer/printer Help....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDream, Jan 29, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DaDream

DaDream Member

I have 2 computers that I have set to one printer. I basically just switch the USB cord according to which computer I am using. Both have the driver software. They both are running Wndws 7 and I have MS office 2007 blue edition on both. When i print photos or webpages it works fine.
    The problem is when I try to print something I have written on MS word. The pages just come out blank. Now I am not C&P'ing. I will write "test" all over the page and then print and it will come out blank.
    Anyone know why it does this and how I can fix it?

2. ling ling

ling ling Member

try the same thing w/ notepad

3. DaDream

DaDream Member

Actually I did try it with note pad and it comes out blank too. :confused:
    But like I said I can print out webpages and photos just fine. :confused:

4. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

HP Printer?

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does the "test print" from the printer control panel-> properties print?

Just to be clear, you definitely used "wordpad" not "notepad" (easy to mix up)?

If it is installed, try printing to "Office Document Image Writer" or "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" which will output to an image file. Then open the image and see if it is blank or not.

6. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

You sure you still have any black ink left?

What printer are you using? If I were you I would never use the driver from the CD. Try and uninstall the driver for your printer in Device Manager and reboot and left Windows 7 install a driver for you and hopefully there is a driver that come with Windows 7 for your printer. Rightclick on the printer in Device Manager and try to update the driver to see if it will find a latest driver for you. But best thing to do is go to your manufacture that carry the printer brand name and download a Windows 7 driver or a vista driver either 32 or 64bit.

7. DaDream

DaDream Member

I have a HP Photosmart c3150 All-in one.
    I have tried both "wordpad" and note pad.
    I just put a new black ink in there just to make sure and it still wont print.
    "test page" print off properties seems to work fine. Maybe my black ink side is not working or something.

8. DaDream

DaDream Member

^^^^oh yeah, but I printed this webpage using "gray scale" and it seemed to print fine.

9. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

When it's printing, can you hear the print carriage mechanism going back and forth? Or does it just spit out a blank page?

Try changing the color of the font your using in Word. For example, try printing dark blue text. Does that come out ok?

10. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

If you haven't. Go HERE and install a proper driver to see if it's doing the same thing. Also make sure to check in Control Panel and under Devices and Printers, make sure to set the proper printer as the default printer. Also right click on you HP printer and under Printer Properties>advanced>and check Enabled Advance printing feature.

11. DaDream

DaDream Member

Well I changed the font color on my test page (dark blue) on Word and it printed fine. There appears to be a problem with the black ink despenser. .... i guess. Especially since I just put a brand new ink cartridge in there.

12. DaDream

DaDream Member

But wouldn't printing in "gray scale" use the black ink cartridge????

13. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Are you sure you're using a proper black ink cartridge that's compatible with your printer? Best open it up and check and see if it's properly place in.

14. DaDream

DaDream Member

Yes i did this....

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Well congrats DD. :eek:

16. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I will be serious now... I don't consider it FIXED because you say "there seems to be a problem" but not that it's solved:

DELETE your "NORMAL" Word template.

Find it, move it to a different place (like a flash USB drive or an external drive, just don't leave it on the same place but DO back it up even if Word makes another one).

After you delete the NORMAL template, restart your machine. Try printing all tests with regular software, then lastly open Word and it will create a new "NORMAL" template.

:eek: See if this works. Please report back.

18. DaDream

DaDream Member

I am not sure on where the "normal" template is so I can delete it.....

19. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member