1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Comic Book Cinema] DC's Suicide Squad

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

or better yet,
    why not put one of those bombs inside her heart instead of just poking it a few times then giving up.....if they had done that, she couldn't have gotten it back later on

The whole idea for this movie's plot was just poorly thought out.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

They obviously filmed all of that and then decided to put it, along with another half of the movie in flashbacks set to pop music. I bet those family life scenes were originally great and all emotiony.

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I want to see the deleted scenes! Also how many post credit scenes were there? I stayed for one. I really recommend seeing it a second time if you didn't absolutely hate it the first. It really grew on me

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

There was just the one.

5. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Saw it this weekend. Like most critics have said, great characters but terrible plot and pacing. I don't know if it's worth the ticket price at the theatre. Unless you're a hardcore fanboy, I'd wait until DVD or stream.

6. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

She wasn't a criminal like the rest of the squad and plus I don't think Rick Flag would sign off on having a bomb in his gf's neck. Maybe they insisted but he strongly insisted back that he had things under control. We see where that went wrong.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Is it safe to say that all superhero movie has a post-credit scene now? I don't remember if BvS had one.

I might just check this out online.

8. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Someone asked me which version of BvS I watched. I watched the theatrical version.

I was going to watch the extended version until I saw the theatrical release was already 2.5 hours long. I didn't think it was going to be any good so I passed on the 3 hour version. I am interested to see the extended version now, though.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The ultimate edition really is a better movie, that's what they should have released from day one. If they had done so, it wouldn't have gotten nearly as many negative reviews.

I feel like there's an ultimate edition of Suicide Squad ready to be released that would fix some of the problems in this movie too. It's pretty clear that DC movies are plagued by studio interference.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Does the ultimate edition fix the dumbass reason why Batman didn't end Superman's life? :grin:

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, nope. There are some things that simply can't be fixed like "MARTHA!!!!" and Lex "The Joker" Luthor. That said, it did fix a lot of other problems with the movie and it made the pacing much better.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

One of my pet peeves in these super hero movies.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

After reading the comments I'm glad I haven't gone to see this. It would have only made me angry like BvS did. I'm not giving WB/DC anymore money until they prove they can make a decent movie. (Strictly referring to major films, the animated ones are generally awesome) Special effects and fight scenes aren't enough for me to waste 2 hours of my life at this point.

If I hear the words "studio involvement", and "major reshoots" prior to a movie from now on, I'm skipping that **** if the reviews are bad. Never forget Fantastic Four, never forget. (Didn't see it in theatres either mercifully)

14. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Midway City. DC doesn't use real places like Marvel, generally speaking. They have Central City, Gotham City, Metropolis, Bludhaven, etc.

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

It doesn't and it's still a pretty bad movie, just not as bad as before the cuts.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was wondering if it were Gotham or Metropolis. . . . .
    cause it looked like generic city #1 or 2

Rocket River

17. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Felt the movie would have been far better if it was a bit more grounded. The best parts were the beginning and very end as well as the Joker/Harley scenes when its own uniqueness was front and center. Unfortunately, the action and villain were a bit too generic and over the top. Plus I think it would have been a little bit better had it been R rated. Still pretty good though and I'd watch again.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

saw it over the weekend was extremely disappointed with the plot. I didnt understand what the point of having the Joker in it. Was like a side plot that went nowhere and overall didnt really add much to the overall story of the movie.

It could have been a lot more or better but having to deal with the enchantress was a bit silly IMO. Margot Robbie and Will Smith acted admirably in their roles but couldnt save this film.

DC is really ****ting the bed with their movies (outside of the soundtracks which have been spectacular IMO for their movies) I hope they can turn it around for the next set of films coming up and the JL movie. The WW trailer looked promising, but then again I felt the Man of Steel trailer was amazing and that movie ended up being decent and not the epic film I thought it would be.

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I really like the portrayal of Gotham city. Batmans movie should be sick

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure but they need to use Batman's movie to retcon that BS about Gotham being like 3 miles away from Metropolis across a bay that they put into BvS.