1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coach Nick: The Disturbing Disappearance Of KARL ANTHONY TOWNS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Roxs-Redemption

KAT relies too much on the threes and jumpers, not paint playing offense.. I cant tell if it's coaching or just the playstyle he has

2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Yea I was expecting this as well. Glad to see you were wrong ;).

roslolian and AroundTheWorld like this.
  3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I have not watched much Wolves this year. But Towns' production in the regular season is good, and before the playoff seedings were decided, there was talk among smart media people (Kevin O'Connor at the Ringer, Zah Lowe at ESPN, guys who actually watch games) about how Towns tends to do very well against Golden State and is too much for Draymond Green to handle.

What happened?

4. BackdoorHarden

CLINT happened

Richie_Rich, Fyreball, saleem and 9 others like this.
  5. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

It’s almost like he gave up. Perhaps he’s mentally weak and figured, we will never beat the Rockets in a playoff series, and just checked out.

It’s either the above or Thibs has outsmarted himself again and tried to develop the master plan and it’s to complicated for his players to perform/understand.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Capela been taking him to town

Hakeemtheking, ramotadab and D-rock like this.
  7. farhen

farhen Member

let him disappear for good

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

KAT is a flaming disappointment. At the same time, it's awesome watching Clint physically dominate a bigger and stronger C.

I still expect KAT to erupt in game 3 or 4. If not, Rockets will sweep this series without the T-Wolves putting up a fight.

Something is up on that team. They aren't "together".

Invisible Fan likes this.
  9. theimpossibles1

The dude needs to eliminate those 3s and long 2s. When he hit that early three I was very happy because I knew it would encourage him to keep shooting jumpers.

Until he establishes himself in the paint (which he could easily do with his size and athleticism) he needs to erase those long shots.

But hey, if he wants to wait til after this series to figure that out, fine by me :D:D:D

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

Wolves offense is horrendous, and our defensive game plan is exposing it. Double Towns in the post and force everyone else to beat you one on one. Also doesn't hurt that Butler is clearly not 100%.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Wiggins and Butler were mediocre.

No complaints here. Beats complaining about cupcake schedules on the other bracket...

12. bongman

bongman Member

This really puts Capela's pick into better perspective. 25th pick vs 1 . Just amazing

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

You're a real glutton for punishment.

14. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Way too go! You jinxed the heck out of him!

fba34 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Way too early to give up on Towns even though the clock is running out for him this season. 2 more games, and he's out. I think you guys are being tough on him. He's a good young player, but I think he's not assertive enough. When he plays like a grown man he's actually pretty scary. This series is a good learning experience for him. Even Butler said the team was playing soft while he was out with injury. I think he was talking about Towns. KAT has all the tools to be a dominant big man, but sometimes he just phases out it seems. If he can fix that then he'll be good in this league. I hope he makes that transition since he seems like a cool guy.

ramotadab likes this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I said Towns could put up 30+ I was wrong it was only 24 minutes.

Seriously though his post-game was hard to watch. He looked shell shocked and sad but super polite and well spoken

I'm gonna say it now - obviously he got concussed like Harden last year and its affecting his play

ramotadab and jevjnd like this.
  17. BackdoorHarden

How about Thabeet at #2 pick overall...3rd pick overall Harden...#6 pick Johnny Flynn. #7 pick Curry

or

Chris Paul at #4 pick. Everyone pretty much sucked in the Top 10 pick.
    Bogut, Marvin Williams, Fat Ray Felton, Webster, Ige Digou???

ramotadab likes this.
  18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I think you’re right with this here. This team does not seem to be together at all. I could have sworn that I saw Teague freeze Rose out a couple of times. I don’t see a clear game plan on either side of the ball. Looks like the plan was to be physical, try and disrupt Harden and throw bodies at him. What else? Where was the offense? Tons of one on one. Not complaining though.

I agree with you that something is going on with this team. Wouldn’t surprise me if there is a real shakeup with the roster in the offseason.

As far as KAT goes, man I don’t know. His play is on him. Almost seems a bit disinterested. Still, I think they should make it a point to run certain sets for KAT to better utilize him. Thibs going to Thibs I guess.

19. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

When KAT runs off the post to the weak side... with a mismatch. That's just awful coaching.

20. marky :)

marky :) Member

Its my favorite play of theirs. Kat gets a switch with a smaller guard -> Kat runs to the corner. Perfect play.