1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coach Nick: The Disturbing Disappearance Of KARL ANTHONY TOWNS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Apr 18, 2018.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

dude looks like The Weeknd

he a MF'in Busboy cleaning up Chef Beardardee's dishes

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Big men these days can't even hold their position in the post and the passing into the post skillset is even more of a lost art than big men in the post. It's something the big man has to work on with the post entry man. Reading defenders and the big man having his hand up is crucial for reading where to pass the ball. If you don't practice it, you start to panic when you have a defender climbing your back and pushing you around.

How many times have we seen a defender push a post man out of range and the post player either takes the long shot or just passes out? The art of feeling your defender on your back and hip and forcing him in a different direction seems to be a lost art too.

Zones, floppers, and now lack of desire to learn the post by players has killed that part of the game. It's all relegated to the ball handler backing up 5 feet from behind the 3 point line and getting a running start towards the basket OR dancing with the ball for 8 seconds before making a move. I can't remember the last time I saw a drop step move or baseline spin in the post.

TLDR: GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

francis 4 prez, Louka, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Hilarious ad inserted halfway through, as part of the narrative. "Sexual wellness."

Louka and TheRealAllpro like this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The last few reg season games I actually remember harden having a few nice post moves

Edit.

And I agree with everything else you said . People just saying "throw it in the post" don't realize how difficult that is , or how many things the defense could do to counter .

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

wake me up when the game translates from a perimeter game to inside.

in the meantime there isn't a big thats going to win you a game on a nightly basis just by dumping it into in the "post" all game long. if thats an nba coach's gameplan at this point, he has no business being in that position. that doesn't exist in this era and wont for awhile

6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Those two things aren’t mutually exclusive....

jcf and topfive like this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I don't think Towns was expecting Capela to go full blown Savage on him.

Hakeemtheking, D-rock and jcf like this.
  8. amaru

amaru Member

Naw Dwight led his team to the NBA Finals. Towns doesn’t deserve to be in the same discussion.

smoothie likes this.
  9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You guys that are piling on KAT are about to eat a large plate of crow tonight. I expect him to be a major problem the entire game and we better hope Capela doesn't get in foul trouble.

I still expect the Rockets to win tonight because the offense should roll the T-Wolves. Game 1 is usually the best chance for the inferior team to steal a win and they blew it. But, Rockets fans, if you expect KAT to no-show again, prepare to be VERY disappointed.

amaru and GermanRoxFan like this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Nobody has ever accused Thibs of being smart offensively as a coach.
    In Chicago they were know for defense.....and a sucky offense.

Thibs has run this team into the ground as he did in Chicago.....lame offense now and so-so defense to show
    for all that hard work.

All the shows have called out Thibs for not working the mismatches. Either Thibs will push the issue as
    the hoards have brought it to his attention, or he is too stubborn and refuses to show he now recognizes
    the error.

The only way the T-Wolves can make this series a contest is if they post up a smaller player. If so, the Rockets
    won’t need to switch defensively......as the Rockets don’t really need to switch defensively vs the T-Wolves.

D-rock and jcf like this.
  11. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I can take your other shitty threads but not this. For the love of god don't post this racist pos knee jerker in the garm

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Towns = Not urban enough. The Wolves need Karl-Anthony Cities.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

o_O

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. Juxtaposed Jolt

They need playoff Karl-Anthony Ghettoes, at this point.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  15. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Tom Thibodeau on Karl-Anthony Towns' 5 point performance: "If I'm being honest, Karl played like a little b*tch tonight. He played like a girl on her period. He was afraid to ask for the ball. It was horrific. No offense to women." Wow.

D-rock and kubli9 like this.
  16. BackdoorHarden

Kat looks horrible. Especially on D.

He's nowhere close to the player that Clint is. Not even close. Don't get fooled by his regular season #.

When you watch him play defense, you know why TWOLVES are in the lottery every year with him as the Star player

Louka and jcf like this.
  17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Good call.

30+ minutes on the bench tonight.

AroundTheWorld and D-rock like this.
  18. BackdoorHarden

Wow. He said that, huh. Good for Thib. We need an honest coach. I wonder what they are saying about KAT on the TWOLVES forum???

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Kat got your tongue? :D

20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Well? What say you? :p

Actually, I totally would have sided with you before the game.