1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The greatest Houston Rocket comeback ever

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 15, 2015.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Only 3hrs of sleep.....it was worth it

3. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Great read, awesome to hear you think it's the greatest comeback you've ever seen.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Indeed it is. Greatest and most unexpected. Weirdest. Inexplicable.

Where did this team come from. The Clippers were Goliath. They were bigger than that. They had us on the ropes and looked like they were winding up for the knockout punch and that was it.

These kinds of comebacks aren't suppose to happen. Not just down 3-1 but blown out 3 times out of 4 games. Down 19 in game 4.

That was an ugly circus in the 3rd quarter. Griffin making horse shots. Howard being spiked blocked by Jordan. Harden throwing up some ugly bricks and getting technicals. Looking like a flailing fish out there.

I thought to myself what an embarrassing group of guys. Thank goodness this nightmare will be over in 14 minutes. Even when they cut it to 12 I thought to myself it was the cat playing with the mouse.

Even when we cut it to 9 I was like this is where it ends. We exchanged treys and 3 point plays until that Smith 3 and even then I thought - just a tease.

Then 5. Then 3. Then 2. Then tied. Then up 3. Then up 6. And I thought. What is going on.

I had never heard an opposing arena so silent. I couldn't believe how devastating our defense had become.

How can this be the same team we saw this entire series. In games 1-4? This is the same team? The team that couldn't defends or handle these guys? Now they are completely stopping them from getting a clean shot off?

What on earth happened?

2 people like this.
  5. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Clutch City 2.0! How sweet it is! I don't know how this happened, but it was amazing! Clippers Choke City! I shouldn't gloat, but it is hard to like Griffin, Paul, Reddick and of course Barnes. Seeing the defeated look on their faces was priceless! Close it out in Htown Rockets!

1 person likes this.
  6. carolbmt

carolbmt Contributing Member

Wow. Unbelievable.

7. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

#Pursuit #ClutchCity

8. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Great sum up, couldn't have said it better and the more you think about it, the more crazy it becomes. It's just not a comeback where it's still close at the end which is what happens 9/10 times with a comeback in games like this. We turned their blow out and absolute best shot into our own blow out by punching back harder than a boxer in a fighting movie. That's the craziest part!!

9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Been a rocket fan since I was 14 years old and that game last night was one of my proudest moments as a devout fan. They showed heart, urgency, determination and flat out balls. Just awesome.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#10 Sweet Lou 4 2, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
  11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Hey everybody

I hit the sack at 11pm

Just woke up

Did I miss anything last night?

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

great writeup, Clutch, really nice.

13. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Kevin Mchale reallt deserves some credit for shoving his big balls across doc's face by sticking with the 5 that made the.come back. Imagine the riot if the rockets lost this game because harden sat the 4th. Man he just didnt give a **** and rolled with what he thought was best. Balls of mother****ing steel.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i went to sleep at 10am here across the atlantic, and even that was no easy task with adrenalized rockets red blood still flowing swiftly :grin:

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

The Clippers were so keyed in defending Harden, they didn't know how to defend the rest of the Rockets.

That was a good defensive 5 out there--Terry, Brewer, Ariza, Smith and Howard.

I think Paul injured his hand, so he couldn't even score over Terry. Howard can handle Griffin while who knew, Smith could match up vs Jordan. He drew Jordan out to the perimeter with his outside shooting and Jordan ain't gonna waste fouls hacking Smith.

I expect to see a lot of hacking in Game 7 to prevent us from gaining momentum in the game. Hope we practise our FTs.

Twice already (Game 2 and this game), we make our comeback when Harden sits down. I'm still thinking what to make of it. Great move by McHale. I thought I saw him consulting the coaching staff, particularly Finch, in the 4th.

Heart. Toughness. Resilience. No quit. Finally the team believes.

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I still can't believe it. I hope this awakens a giant, and isn't too overly satisfying for them. Must win Sunday night, obviously.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It was awesome, I even pulled out the reverse jinx - you have to try everything.

Everyone in my house was asleep, it was just me, the Rox and some Woodford reserve on the rocks.

Glorious!

And Clutch delaying his vacation? A man with his priorities straight!

:)

DD

#17 DaDakota, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  18. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Maybe the Clips are his kryptonite, atleast for this series? Hope to high heaven we win game 7, I know Beard will get back to killer mode if we can get to West finals / finals.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thank you for the highlight clip. Amazing!

20. hoopball

hoopball Member

There is nothing to make out of. Game 2 was won by Harden having huge 4th quarter for us and in game 6 he was still pretty much sick from the flu he got couple of days ago, so i didn't expected his best game to begin with.