1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets-Blazers: Behind the Numbers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I'd be VERY surprised if he did not have it fixed this off-season.

You got a link to that? Preferrably something actually FROM the Rockets, not some rumor from twitter.

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I don't have time to search, but I think I saw on Twitter from Beverley that surgery was not required if anyone is willing to look for it.

3. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

The Rockets have to love this match up more than any they could've gotten. I've watched every game between these two teams this year. And it just felt like the Rockets were in every game no matter how many points down they were always in it (OT game we won) because of this teams inability to make defensive stops.
    Although they have size they don't have a true shot blocker and there perimeter D even worse than the Rockets without PBEV. Plus it seems the whole team except T-Jones just torches them. If Jones plays like he can then watch out for the sweep.
    If we take their first home game from them, because this team isn't that mentally strong. Also don't have near the playoff experience the Rockets do then we will sweep them.
    Going to be a close game series(If the Rockets don't pick up defensive) which I feel the Rockets will just be able to close out better because we have legitimate defensive stoppers and a true clutch closer.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He said his doctor did not recommend surgery, even in the offseason. I thought he looked pretty normal last night, though he did look a step slower for a lot of the New Orleans game. He did say post-game that he was being very cautious/nervous about it in the first part of that game.

5. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Nervous about this matchup. In the first and last game, a lot of the calls went in our favor, and Wes Matthews has been able to torch us. If Harden can take all the spurts of defensive effort he had this year, and combined it into one, I hope this is the series that we see it.

Anyways, I'm freaking excited for playoffs!!!!

6. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. dtrain0928

dtrain0928 Member

8. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the last game Portland had a lot of calls go in their favor as well, no? Refs just balanced things out towards the end.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I don't have a specific link to it, but I do remember it being mentioned.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/patrick_beverley

It's possible that he may get a surgery in the off-season, but his injury seems to have been downgraded to a knee sprain, and a few sources seem to suggest he would be fully healed before the playoffs.

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Don't let the Portland fans get in your head. Personally, I thought the Rockets had much more to gripe about in the March 9 game than the Blazers.

11. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

I see our weakness as Harden's defense. There is really nowhere to hide him in this playoff series. If Harden can so.show half contain his man, then that could be pivotal in winning the series.

12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Is the shirts they might have for game one going to say this is H-town. If I'm not mistaken they gave free shirts to the fans last year to everybody that said fast faster fearless or something like that.

13. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

That's how Matthews got an outlier game against us. That game was one of the worst officiated games this year. Let's hope the refs keep it fair. If not fair, consistent.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Wes Matthews had more FT attempts than Harden even though Harden was way more aggressive.

15. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Refs like to reward jumpshooters who get barely touched while taking a jumpshot, even if they're leaning into the defender ... they swallow the whistle when it's someone attacking the rim and drawing contact.

16. i3artow i3aller

17. valorita

valorita Member

Blazersedge has a great analysis about the matchup.
    Two questions that will be key in the series:

1) how bad is Lillard's defense and will Bev outplay him?
    2) is Aldridge healthy and will Asik be able to stop him in key situations?

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am not sure how to explain it but I think GS would have been better for us.

Portland scares me a bit because they are a complete team.

I think the Rox will win, but most games should be close.

DD

19. maxiep

maxiep Rookie

Lillard's defense is atrocious. I mean it's BAD. Part of a great defense against him is a good offense. Check out what the Splash Bros. did to him in the last game. First, Curry lit him up, then we moved him to Klay, and he did the same.

LA seems to be rounding into shape. His back wasn't 100% when he came back, but he's been better these past few games. The issue with Aldridge right now is his rhythm and getting back into the groove with the team. You may find Dwight and PH have the same problem.

20. maxiep

maxiep Rookie

If he tore his meniscus, it will have to be addressed. Cartilage does not heal itself.

I'm not an orthopedist, but I am a Blazer Fan, which means I know almost as much about bad knees (RIP Brandon Roy and Greg Oden).