1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Potential trade targets include Nene, Granger

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

My feelings exactly.

2. eman

eman Contributing Member

I suspect we'll do something, even if it's wrong, just to salvage some ticket sales. Maybe we'll luck out and get better. Maybe we (those few who attend games) will be wearing bags over our heads for the next few years. I hope we'll be lucky.

3. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

What would we do if we do nothing?

4. Rockets_4_life

No to Granger and Nene, both will manage to keep us in mediocrity for longer than already need be.!!!

However Greg Monroe, I did find interesting, specially with Detroit entertaining talks for him(even if the talks didn't get far). I'd open up our whole roster, and have Detroit have anyone of there choosing for Greg Monroe.. The guy is a talent!!

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

It aint happening, just p.r. machine rolling again. Wake me when its over.

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Thats not a bad idea either. I like that idea. Greg Monroe is what we need and the kind of young big man talent Morey is looking for who might be cheaper to get than Cousins. Good idea. Wish Morey thought of that. :)

7. herro

herro Member

Greg Monroe would be ideal but there's just no way Detroit lets him go.

8. eman

eman Contributing Member

Do nothing? Like Cool Hand Luke said, "Sometimes nothing's a pretty cool hand to play." Maybe we'll play better without AB in the rotation. Maybe Ish will step up. Who knows? It's nice to fantasize about our blue collar crew turning into the '73 Knicks or '04 Pistons.

I think we'll do something, though, even if it's wrong. Fans are losing interest. Something must be done. And AB's antics almost guarantee something will be done.

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Not for Scola and Jordan Hill? We take back their bad contracts?

10. herro

herro Member

Greg Monroe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Scola & Hill

not even close

11. Egghead

Egghead Member

are u kiddding me?
    Scola>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Monroe

12. herro

herro Member

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

A 6'9" scoring PF that will be 31 in about 2 months without the slightest bit of talent on the defensive end vs. a multi-dimensional 20 year old ~7 footer whom is already starting to play a far more effectual brand of basketball than Luis was/is ever capable of...

Last year I said LaMarcus Aldridge was far better than Luis and ClutchStans come out of the woodwork to defend Luis when it just isn't deserved in every instance

get real and think about actual value

13. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Thanks, Clutch! Well-written, as usual.

Those of you saying, "Wake me when something actually happens": While I agree with you in spirit that I'd like for the trade deadline to just come already, Clutch has just provided you all with one of the few REAL bits of news on the Rockets trade front. It is the LACK of "real news" like this that has caused most of the malaise. At least for me, anyway.

Most of you know already that I've been strongly behind getting Nene for some time now. I also love Granger, but if I had to pick one, I'd take Nene. While he's not quite the talent of Granger, the team needs a good center much worse than it needs another wing player. With Martin, Battier, Lee, Budinger and Williams, the Rockets should be just fine at the wing spots, even after trading one or more of those guys for a guy like Nene. Not the other way around, though. A Martin-Granger scoring duo could be one of the most potent in the league, but the Rockets may end up being even more thin in the frontcourt than before, especially if they have to part with a guy like Patrick Patterson to get Granger.

And, for the record, I doubt that Clutch was intimating that the Rockets would get BOTH guys. To the extent that the Pacers and Nuggets would actually do a deal with the Rockets for those guys, I'm sure there will be some overlap in the assets those other teams demand from Houston to get a deal done.

P.S. After reading several of his/her posts over the past week, I have finally decided to put someone to my Ignore List. (No, I will not say who it is.) I have always tried to absorb and appreciate every poster's comments on this BBS (and I will continue to strive to do so), but I have come to the realization that some people's opinions are so consistently obtuse that they are just not worth reading anymore.

And, no, it's not you, leebigez! ;) You bring a level of logic and rationale to this BBS, albeit in the form of opinions with which I do not usually agree. Different opinions should normally be celebrated as a means towards a positive discourse, but some people are not interested in discourse. They just want to impose their own opinions on others without even trying to understand or appreciate others' opinions.

1 person likes this.
  14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If they do nothing they squander many of their assets that expire at seasons end. They are in a use it or lose it situation.

Brooks , Hayes , Battier , Jeffries and Yao all come off the books at seasons end and the trade exception for Ariza expires on August 11th.

They would be foolish not to move those assets if it does nothing more than extend their shelf life. Getting nothing for something isnt an option.

15. Egghead

Egghead Member

Greg Monroe will be nowhere near as good as Scola. Monroe's ceiling is Brad Miller. I'd rather have Patterson than Monroe.

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Kevin Martin, Yao Mings contract, Hill for Greg Monroe and bad contracts...

17. herro

herro Member

Go jump off a building

1 person likes this.
  18. Rockets_4_life

They do have a very ugly contract with Rip Hamilton that they desperately want to get rid off... and we have expiring's in combination with young talent that could entice them!

Just an example:
    Rip + Monroe for Battier/Jeffries or Yao's(insured contract) + (One of either) C- Lee, PPat, J-Hill or Bud

This way they can get out of Hamilton's contract, which I know they desperately want to get out off, while still receiving a young asset in return...

Fair deal IMO.. :eek:

19. herro

herro Member

which is what it would take

maybeeeee

Brooks, Scola, Budinger, Hill, Expiring does it for Monroe + bad contracts

20. aicedo

aicedo Member

Good read. I'll take either or both if possible.