1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Ty Lawson, Houston Rockets Point Guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 20, 2015.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Unfortunately I agree. I don't see how you can make a move to upgrade the 4 at this point. We've fired all the bullets we had in terms of salary (unless there is a crazy Terry S&T about to happen!). Jones gives you enough production to be a rotation player and it's hard to comprehend a way you can create a package to trade for a better plan given the salary limitations you'd have to work with.

I still don't love the 4 spot and consider it a big weakness that unfortunately will get exploited seemingly every night in the West, but I don't see a clear path to upgrading it.

2. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Morey still have a time to make another move by Feb. Also Morey would try to keep Josh Smith hardly if this trade is not going on for a while.

3. bongman

bongman Member

On Chuck's tweet, he referred to us as "they". Seems like he does not see himself as a Rocket.. yet.

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Chuck didnt refer to the Rockets. Clutch did. Chuck just retweeted/favorited Clutch's tweet.

5. Mattician

Mattician Member

Great listen.

John Lucas is willing to help/mentor Lawson! That's cool.

6. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

been waiting all day for this.

thanks clutch u legend

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

My guess is Chuck will be our 15th man, but if Williams is better than him as a reserve 4/5 than the Rockets might go with Harrell and him, along with Jones and D-Mo.

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Yes please!

Can't wait to listen to the podcast... Just a little bit longer ;)

9. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

lawson/parsons combo jersey? :confused:

1 person likes this.
  10. rocketsmetalspd

Once again the PF position will be up for grabs it seems this season with DMo coming back from his back surgery and TJones not being a consistent player.

11. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

Awesome! What kind of lab you work in?

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Awesome podcast Clutch & Bima! Thanks for doing it.

In terms of PG trades.... look how much Dallas had to give up to get Rondo (Crowder/Wright quality role players + 2016 Top 7 protected pick)....and then look at the Rockets haul with Lawson (no rotation players, Lottery/Top 14 protected 1st round pick) + Rockets got back 2017 Den 2nd rounder which should be a high 2nd round pick! Morey wins again!

I agree with Bima that I think at the beginning of the season KJ will end up being in front of Dekker for playing time. Mostly because of on-ball defense.

13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I think the nitpicking is what we are supposed to do ;)

D-mo and T-Jones are both talented offensively... defensively as off ball defense (secondary defense) TJ has improved since he entered the league. D-mo improved defensively as well... but neither are ever going to be lock down defenders... they just don't have that skillset.

I think Dmo has a slight offensive advantage and TJ has a slight defensive advantage.. even though yes he did have some pick and roll struggles in the playoffs.

Both are still useful matchup-wise against different players in the West... what we really need is someone we can plug when that defensive stop is needed against the PF's in the West that we know cause us problems, ie Aldridge, Griffin, etc, etc.

I hope the Chuck signing rumors are true, he fills that gap... and he's cheap at a bargain price now. Plus he can be a backup five in a pinch. (and I'm not at all biased LOL)

Great podcast guys! Thanks!

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Welcome back.

15. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Excellent Podcast

16. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Giving up nothing for Lawson is incredible... but also getting that likely high 2nd round pick is mind blowing.

17. gah

gah Member

what can we expect from Chuck at this point in his career? Has he declined as much as his playing time would suggest?

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I support the Chuck Hayes signing if, for no other reason, it makes Hayesfan become more active on the board again.

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

Whether he's Hayes or someone else, I agree with Hayesfan. Whether we get them now or in February, we would benefit immensely from having a shutdown defender at Power Forward that we could slap on some of the better power forwards- especially because we will likely have to face either the Spurs or the Clippers during the playoffs and having such a player would allow Howard to protect the rim more.

20. MONON

MONON Member

100% agree! Also seeing Hayesfan posting almost guarantees Chuck's coming back. Welcome back Chuck & Hayesfan!