1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Observations from the Rockets 3-0 homestand

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 23, 2018.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You have to remember that this "liking" posts is brand new. I had well over 10,000 posts before liking came around. Tinman has at least 40k before the change. No need to judge his 'like' numbers. Original fans are punished for this.

Either way, we're glad to have you here. Any true Rockets fan is welcome here! We're on route to win the big one!

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mvp is all about narrative. The media needs a story to tell - because ultimately the media isn't about reporting but rather about ratings. Curry was a better ratings draw the years he won - it was a better story to sell. Last year WestBrook was the better story with averaging a triple double. It sold and got attention.

This year the Cavs are struggling, GS is the same and people are getting a bit fatigued with it, Boston isn't really exciting either. So where's the story? Well the Rockets are the story this year. Chris Paul meshing with Harden is the story. Houston having the 2nd best record is the story. Houston beating GS 2-1 is the story. The drama with the Clippers is the story - a story Harden played peace-maker and came across looking like a role-model. Harden's defense improving is the story with those blocks and steals (which were always there). Coming back 2 weeks after a hamstring injury is the story. Overplaying his minutes limit is the story. The story is Harden is succeeding despite the refs not giving him continuation on his shots.

Sentiment is shifting. Strangely towards Harden.

This year Harden has the story - which is why he will finally get his MVP. If he stays healthy

Deuce, BigShasta and Clutch like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Newb
    Before this version of the board, we had status levels based on players in Rockets history where
    the highest reputation was HAKEEM LEVEL

I'm a HAKEEM LEVEL

HAKEEM=BEST

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

I can tell you are a pure Rockets fan
    you are here for the original reason

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

oh sweet jesus if poster quality is based of off likes then we're all doomed here. I can't believe some people use that as a metric. Post a picture of a hot girl and you'll get 100s of likes.

tinman likes this.
  6. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

I'd be happy just to see Green get around 4 min per game... I know its not much, but at least its something.

Instant fan-favorite in my eyes - this guy bleeds Houston

BamBam and Htownballer38 like this.
  7. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Great writeup, Clutch. This graf is the crux. It's great that we have everyone back. But between now and the playoffs, D'Antoni and Bzdelik need to develop defensive lineups that work in the absence of certain players. If Ariza or Paul or Tucker or Luc goes out, we need a couple of other guys to be able to fill in, and still hang together defensively on the court. That's the single biggest key to advancing.

Deckard likes this.
  8. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Hakeem Level Forum Star-

Just because my date has 2016 doesn’t mean I’m new to this site, actually when the site first came up, I was using up all my AOL mins lurking

1993 got me hooked...

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Really well done, I luv me some new layout.

I think Trevor knew about the way to their locker room, lost his cool and he went straight to them. With players following him, wanting to stop this.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

11. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I’ve been lurking since the beginning. I’ve followed almost all of the 99’ers and early 2000’s guys for a long time.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

You didn't join because you didn't heed the calling

Guess what? everyone had AOL

13. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I guess bro...I’m glad your life took you down a path to Join Clutchfans and get on a Hakeem level. What is enlightening like?

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

podcasts por favor

15. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I think Max Kellerman is a ladies drink at the bar?

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I think Tillman is fond of Green because of the story about him getting in a boat to help people during hurricane. I think he also likes him because of how much he likes the Rockets. Tillman's restaurants may not be top notch but I think the guy really does love Houston and he sees the same in Green so he has a special place for Green.

Also I don't think he played because the Miami game was too close and too intense to put him in. I would expect to see him in over the next 3 games. If not then Dantoni has issues.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

What is it like?
    Like this

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOVE these game write ups!

OUCH!

Very good points! That sequence for Harden, the shot, the block and the win were huge. Players NEED those for narrative building.

Deckard likes this.
  19. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Was about to post what you wrote. Spot on. Tilman is a die-hard Houstonian

20. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

What if I told you I’ve eaten lunch with this idol on many occasions in front of his prayer fountains at his house in Sugarland as well as held the trophy’s he won while playing basketball in his trophy room. Would I be enlightened as well? Because that is true. May not have had a Clutchfans account but was with the man every week for several years?

RCPM likes this.