1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin fans race to defend Jeremy Lin from Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2014.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We may have known about it, but there are posts by LoF's and actual Rockets fans claiming otherwise every day. Common sense is simply not common for a lot of people. Clutch probably got sick and tired of all the stupidity coming from LoF's and set out a trap that LoF's took, bait and all. It's basically like watching scum falling on their own sword, which is fantastic. If LoF's did not know they were not welcome here, they do now. I do agree that banning would have been a much better and easier solution, though it does set the precedence of banning an entire fan base for a player.

1 person likes this.
  2. hollywoodMarine

What about Lin fans who genuinely root for the Rockets as a whole, who accept his flaws and weaknesses and don't actually believe in huge conspiracy theories about Mcfail and co keeping him down all the time? I'm not quite sure if people like me are welcomed on this forum anymore.

3. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Not to mention, how can you determine who is a LoF and who is a Rockets fan who happens to consider L their favorite player. Certainly many of them are easy to spot with their monikers and join dates, but I'm sure there are many who aren't as clear. Plus, what's to stop them from creating a new account and then writing in every thread about how ridiculous it is that there is a witch hunt for every Lin fan, which would inevitably end in accusations of racism.

Better to just call them out, and hope they walk out on their own free will.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I don't mind Lin fans who understand this is a ROCKETS forum and keep that in mind when they post. It is unfortunate that those fans got embroiled into an ugly situation created by these cancerous fanatics, but that's how the cookie crumbles in life sometimes. Your best bet would be to simply avoid every talking about Lin on this board until he is traded. Once Lin is gone, anyone left trying to worship him will simply be banned as a troll or moved to Dish.

1 person likes this.
  5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

pretty much this, as long as you don't **** on Harden/McHale/etc to justify times when Lin sucks then its all good

6. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I want Jeremy Lin out of here, and hate LOF's, but the mistake in the measurement technique was that he did not include self criticism from other players as well. Harden critiqued himself as well, but leaving that out while making a thread with our bench player's self criticism does in fact look like something a Lin only hater would do. And Lin only haters are no better than LoFs.

7. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

LOH doesn't make sense as a phrase. No one is here just to criticize Lin. Do you mean "doesn't love Lin and only hates him?" because that is way different from "only hates Lin." The issue with Lin fans--who attempted to co-opt "LOF" for indencent purposes, is that they have no interest in the Rockets. The vast majority of Lin fans would rather the Rockets suck and Lin score 30 points.

1 person likes this.
  8. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Are we still talking 'bout this Jimmy Len kid?? :rolleyes:

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I mean, you could call me a Lin fan, but you'd also have to call me a

Parsons, Harden, Casspi, Daniels, Howard, Jones, Beverley, Canaan, Covington, Motiejunas, Powell, Asik, Garcia, Hamilton - fan as well. Oh, don't forget i'm a die hard milk hair fan as well.

I was born, and live in houston, been on this forum since 2010.

10. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

[youtube]6bMLrA_0O5I[/youtube]

11. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

Lin only fans don't care.
    Lin only haters don't care.

The ones who are getting punched in the gut every time are the rocket fans. I, for one, want to see Lin improve and help this team. Every time those acronyms are used it just puts a bad taste in my mouth.

There are no respect from either side and they just crap all over the threads. And they just don't care how they present themselves.

12. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

This is a great post. Real Rocket fans want every player on our team to succeed. The "hate" Lin gets when he plays like **** isn't solely due to his bad game. It is because he has a r****ded fan base that would rather see Lin score all the pts while the Rockets lose. They could care less if we make the playoffs, or contend for a championship.

We have heard it all this year by these LOF's on these boards. From McHale is a racist, to Harden takes the ball out of Lins hands, to Lin not getting enough minutes and so on. It is pathetic to say the least. Clutch made a fantastic point with this thread. Lin fans just spew **** in his defense with no real knowledge of what they are talking about.

This thread is legitimate proof that LOF's are delusional and don't care about anything Rockets related. They only care about Jeremy Lin, not whats best for the team.

I personally have no problem with Lin. I want him to succeed while playing for my team. However, I wish his fans would go away. It is to the point that I want Lin gone just so his stupid fans go with him.

#632 davidio840, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  13. meh

meh Contributing Member

There's difference between hating and criticism. Some people can't tell the difference between the two.

I absolutely LOVE, I mean LOVE Harden and his game. I have very high opinion of him as a player on the Rockets. I would not trade Harden for just about any player in the NBA. But you know what? He played like utter crap in the Portland series. He did not live up to my expectations. I can both love him as a player and criticize his play. There is no contradiction.

LOFs seems to believe in a world where a parent scolding kid implies child abuse. Or where criticizing the president implies treason.

1 person likes this.