1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/6/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 5, 2019.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Let's go

Rocket River

2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

a win tonight would really put the pressure back on the warriors. you could tell they didn't care much about game 3.

s3ts likes this.
  3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Huh? They sure as hell cared. They played their asses off trying to steal that one. Just because Curry sucked doesn't mean they weren't motivated.

joshuaao, hakeem94, BigShasta and 4 others like this.
  4. PWR

PWR Member

Their top 5 players all played 40+ minutes. They cared.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

i certainly couldn't tell. i mean they were doing everything they could to climb back in the game and in fact taking the lead. I guess things like klay getting extremely hyped on the last possession before ot means they didn't care or want to win that game

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Faried is only 6'8" so he definitely qualifies as a small-ball center. The problem is he can't defend anyone, regardless of height.

7. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

The refs are chosen prior to the series beginning (at least games 1-4) so the nba had already scheduled Foster for game 2. Knowing that, though, he will likely be back for a potential game 6/7.

That being said, the Rockets just need to play their game. It seems the refs have missed more calls against Houston, but to be fair at the end of game 3, that was a charge all day, every day on Harden and they swallowed the whistle. So, Rockets got a little fortunate there as well. Solid defensive effort, crash the boards, protect the rock. We need another great game out of Harden, and someone needs to step up with him, whether it be Gordon or maybe CP3 has a 27 point, 10 assist game in him. We are at home, and just need to take care of business in our building, and then it’s best of 3. Let’s go!

Bo6, hakeem94 and JW86 like this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

Ah you got me wrong, I mean we are going to have to win with small ball as in 4 guards and Tucker at the 5. Faried won't get anymore playing time, maybe 2-3 minutes in game 6 if we're up 3-2.

topfive likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

happy birthday CP3! its only fitting the rockets get the dub tonight and keep this thing going

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  10. s3ts

s3ts Member

If Green throws his hand at Harden's face again, man, and we don't got no one going up in his grill, I want Morey to trade their asses.

linvetb6 likes this.
  11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

They have zero bench and are running their starters into the ground. Make them work on defense Iggy is what 36? Make him chase Harden and Paul around some screens, we need all those minutes to take a toll.

12. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

We finally start to see the breakdown of the worriers starters. Too many minutes - no more week long rest periods.

13. Voltik

Voltik Member

Our defensive schemes along with Worriers extensive offensive system with their stars’ abilities, are like advanced calculus for someone such as Faried and Green with low IQ. Even with smart defenders, it’s difficult to execute on switches and what to do on a mismatch against an offensive talent as GSW. It’s one of the reasons our offense is so limited is because role players are expending energy and mentally on defense, that complex offense would become very exhausting in a long series. That’s why Tucker and CP3 changed the complexion of this team 180 degrees, they both are high IQ players who know how to win...age is the only limitation.

It’s exhilarating to watch two elite defenses that have similar principles, albeit different type of players, limit the contrasting offensive styles. Faried, Green, and maybe Shumpert have to play limited minutes in this series or we give up too much on defense to be able to make it up on offense against Worriers’ defense. The past 2 years Rockets team has been amazing on what they can do both offensively and defensively against GSW and the pathetic refs along with corrupt NBA.

Patience likes this.
  14. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

not trying to be negative, but just dont see Gordon get another 30 and Curry duplicate another 7 for 23 shooting.

15. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I just don't know where we can get "convincingly" from. We played pretty damn good. Agreed it would take Durant having a sub par game and then one of Curry and Thompson not to have it. Getting 3/4 from Igudola should be an anomaly..

16. s3ts

s3ts Member

agreed.

to further the discussion, i think GSW players cared a bit more than the coaches. KD said it best, we hit more 3s, and got more rebounds, and that's how we won, which are all 50-50 situations.

in essence, it IS about effort on those fronts. can you make exhausting drawn-up plays consistently to get a nice 3-pt attempt? can you make sure you're able to get that rebound on both sides of the ball?

in our 2 losses, GSW did a very good job in terms of taking away our easy plays, and forcing rebounds. and that's how they won without OT. they clearly did not show up w/ that same mentality in G3.

G4, i'd expect GSW to try real hard to steal one, diving after every loose ball, rebounds, and doing all they can to take away our easy plays.

17. Voltik

Voltik Member

Yeah I thought so too, until Game 4 of Utah vs Rockets (Tony Brothers) and definitely Game 2 of Rockets vs Warriors (Scott Foster) of 2019 Playoffs. Unless NBA notifies of referee assignments prior to series starting, it’s all bullish.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Golden State won’t be able to hang with the Rockets tonight

BigShasta, Jake Tower and hakeem94 like this.
  19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

EG could easily go for 25+. He's been solid this series and he's played well since March. As for Curry, I do think he'll play better, but will the Warriors get another 46 from Durant, another triple double from Donkey, and 6-9(including 3-4 from downtown) from Iggy? Will they only turn the ball over 8 times? Will they shoot 3 more free throws than the Rockets at Toyota Center?

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Callahan, Gutrie and Kevin Scott are the officials tonight.

Better than Foster and Brothers. But Callahan though I feel is more of a GS guy