1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 2/12/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

No harden = BLOWOUT by warriors. They will have their revenge and they will enjoy it. :(

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

3. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

lol... that was my response earlier, Carl.... just don't know how to embed videos.... (I know, I know...)

4. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

This is a lose. Rockets just suck on the road

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

its a gif, which is an image not a video. Just embed like you would any other image.

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

Snap if Harden is out we will need everybody to step up. Happy that Parsons had a bad game last night. He should step it up today. Ppatt better not get shoved out of position when boxing out, he was talking so much smack needs to back it up. With or without Harden we have to win this game. Can't let ourselves be blown out.

7. Calmwater

Calmwater Member

Rockets must wear their Big Boys Pants

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

Only two more days until the ASG maybe we should just rest Harden. We are playing tough teams, GSW & LAC but long term is key. Plus Harden will be super busy during the weekend representing Houston.

it is a tough call but long term health maybe just rest James.

9. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

The Clippers are playing well, especially with CP3 back and possible Chauncey Billups playing against us. So that game will be a loss for sure. The GSW game is the only hope for us to get a win on this road trip. It's gonna be very tough, but not impossible. Hopefully Harden can play and we manager to pull a win tomorrow. :p

10. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Maybe McHale should pull a coach Pop and just rest our core players for that Clippers game :p. But GSW game, with all the drama there, is too much fun to miss. ;) I really hope we can still give us best effort and then players can have a long nice All-Star break.

11. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Has there been an update on TD?

12. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Go Rockets!!

13. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

14. thekad

thekad Member

Rest Harden and take the whooping with grace. Just try and steal the Clippers game.

15. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

From the Silicon Valley Mercury News.com

Jeremy Lin ready for Bay Area homecoming
    By Marcus Thompson II

mthomps2@bayareanewsgroup.commercurynews.com

Posted: 02/11/2013 04:48:22 PM PST
    February 12, 2013 1:20 AM GMTUpdated: 02/11/2013 05:20:19 PM PST

SAN FRANCISCO -- As he cut the tape off his ankles after practice Monday, Jeremy Lin said it feels like just another game. But he suspects that might change when he hits the Oracle Arena floor.

"It will probably be similar to when I played in New York," Lin said after the Houston Rockets practiced at the Olympic Club. "Going back where I spent some time and had some good memories, it will be fun."

When the Warriors host the Rockets on Tuesday, Lin will be making his first appearance in the Bay Area since his New York Knicks debut on Dec. 28, 2011. How things have changed since then.

Lin -- who was waived by the Warriors, then by Houston before being claimed by the Knicks -- played just 1 minute, 27 seconds

Houston Rockets' Jeremy Lin (7) goes to the basket in front of Los Angeles Lakers' Jodie Meeks in the second half of an NBA basketball game, Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2012, in Houston. (AP Photo/Pat Sullivan) in that game. Now the Bay Area native returns as a starting point guard.

And, of course, in between was Linsanity and his signing a controversial deal with Houston.

Bay Area fans will get to see a different Lin this time. He is a pivotal player for the Rockets, averaging 12.5 points and 6.1 assists in 32.7 minutes per game. Lin, 24, already has logged over 500 more minutes this season than in his first two seasons combined.

He said returning home is always special. He considers Houston home but acknowledged "it will never replace the bay."

Lin said he has a luxury box for about 20 friends and family for this game. He also will have various supporters sprinkled around Oracle, including his coaches from Palo Alto High.

"This is easily my busiest game of the year in terms of outside stuff," said Lin, who has his mom take care of those logistics.

He said he still follows the Warriors and the friends he made on the team during his season-plus. He was especially close with David Lee and Stephen Curry, with whom he had dinner in Houston when the Warriors played there last week.

"Steph and D-Lee did a good job of taking care of me my rookie year," Lin said. "D-Lee has kind of always made sure I was OK. Steph was always giving me advice, going at me in practice and making me better. Guarding him for an entire year kind of made me faster, quicker and understand the game more. It's good. I definitely remember those days, because without them I wouldn't be the player I am now."

Lin was reunited Sunday night with his former Warriors head coach, Keith Smart, when the Rockets played at Sacramento. Lin said it is the same whenever he reunites with former Warriors.

"They just make fun of me like they did," Lin said. "Same stuff from back in my rookie year. It's fun."

16. youngduck

youngduck Member

gsw might win this 1.

17. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Curry vs. Lin, the ultimate showdown between India and China.

1 person likes this.
  18. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

I will be repping my #34 jersey tomorrow night. Lin usually does well against his former teams so I think we got a good chance.

19. Mariachi ROCKET

20. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Lin said he plays better when his Mom is at the game. This time not only his mom but also his friends from bay area will be at the game. Will he play even better? or worse?