1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/21/2017 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 20, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If we eke out a win, I think 4-0 is possible.

If not, then it will be a more complicated, hard fought out series.

vtjsr2 and J Sizzle like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We have to stay in touch during their opening push, if we are close in the 4th we can win.

This is either a close win or a blowout loss.

DD

vtjsr2 likes this.
  3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

#63 mikol13, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  4. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

BigMaloe likes this.
  5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I understand the whole "not a must win" pov but f*** that this is a must win, break their spirits!!!!!! Rockets gotta be prepared for every furious rally the Thunder throw at them. Ryno gotta come out huge and need to somehow find a way to win the boards battle.

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

westbrook will come up with a highly efficient game in my view.. I expect him to take less then 20 shots and go 12-19 with 35 points 15 assist and less turn overs..stats mean alot to him, and he has taken alot of crap (right fully so) for his low shooting percentage, giving creedence to Bev Web as a great defender.. We all know he hates Bev with a passion.. We hope he becomes a volume shooter because that will take his team out of the game and eventually rox get the defensive scheme right and make him shoot a low percent.. Westbrook is too smart and will adjust..

the rockets will have to adjust as well.. They have to hit the rebounds hard.. Play of Oladipo and Roberson and hard double westbrook every time. Oladipo is struggling because this is his first time, he is nervous and not responding to pressure

apollo33 and BigMaloe like this.
  7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Probably will be a loss, but if we are locked in there's no reason why we shouldn't win.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lindsay and Washington are usually solid. Scott Foster will be a disaster, however.

Also...like last game...there will be an obvious Thunder preference, this time due to both the current 2-0 situation and the OKC home crowd.

9. Remlap

Remlap Member

YES. Also MY prediction.
    If we go 3-0, then we could go 4-0.
    If not, then it will be different. LOL. What?

Signed,
    Captain Obvious

[​IMG]

#69 Remlap, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Os Trigonum and Fullcourt like this.
  10. rockets13champs

thing about rockets offense its good enough to where if you have a bad shooting game. You can still drop 115. But on the opposite hand if we start clicking and its all going through the basket we will drop 130-140

BigMaloe likes this.
  11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This win would be freaking huge. Tough to beat a team three times in a row, even the worst teams.

I would be so freaking happy If we showed some maturity and beat down the Thunder tonight while the Spurs F around with the Grizzlies. A win tonight would give us CRAZY momentum. Our guys would start to really believe...

joeson332, BigMaloe and J Sizzle like this.
  12. rockets13champs

i wanna do that so bad lol

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Imagine how silly Westies MVP would look...

Please basketball Gods.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Two things i expect 100% for this game. OKC playing very hard and the refs trying to help the F(ake)VP to win a game. Hope we can be even stronger.

15. ribbit

ribbit Member

This is just going to be another boring game.

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

road ryan and ariza gonna come out tonight to get us a fairly close win.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know it is. I'm not sure if he'll play or not. I think he's been pretty solid, and I would love it if he was able to play, but if it would be detrimental to his long term productivity, then I'm all for resting him today.

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

We seriously just need to funnel Westbrook to stay at the top of the key and cut off his penetration.

When he got that first step past the initial defender our entire defense was shredded and Thunder role players were moving in every which way.

Please Ryno, reemerge as the road warrior once again.

RocketWalta likes this.
  19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

If we manage to start out hot and get a good to decent lead I think that's all she wrote. If say we end the 1st up by more than 10, somewhere in the 2nd quarter wb is going to feel pressure to perform and takeover.

I know we like to thing he will respond and he will involve teammates but it's just in his DNA and ego to wanna win it himself. The whole Durant 's Westbrook fued, one thing stood out and it was a quite from Durant. After gsw went up a bunch and okc and Brodie started making a run Westbrook was said to have said "I'm coming, I'm coming. " in which Durant responded later. "that's the problem, it's always [I'm coming] and never [we're coming].

He is super competitive and not so bright basketball IQ wise. This is just how he feels will win basketball games even tho it's not right.

Anyways, I'm predicting a blowout.

127-110

20. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Harden will have a monster game tonight.

Wylo likes this.