1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 4/22/2019 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is concerning that the Jazz has us figured out. They still dun shoot consistently well which is their weakness.

Good thing we have our lead and we play better at home. Next game would be a Hot Dance.

Juck the Fazz Spazz.

[​IMG]

#2381 daywalker02, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    chadyang and bmelo like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They let us win the 3rd and part of the 2nd Quarter intentionally in order to prepare for the Final Strike in the 4th.

Freakin Shrewd Jazz.

3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Look Guys lets not worry about this the loss was in the fix. As far as I can tell the Jazz made themselves look bad. They got every whistle and still couldn't take advantage. They are certain not to receive any help in Game 5

Roc Paint, chadyang and RyanB like this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

I said it before i will say it again: this team will go as far as CP will take them. It seems like Harden becomes passive when things don't go his way, CP on the other hand play as a true leader, always smart on the ball, coordinating offense and defense

And it's not loss that worries me, it's the momentum. We should've loss previous game too and that would be even right now. Good that Utah let us slide but you better bet GSW won't

5. Rockets Rule

Rockets Rule Contributing Member

You could see in Clint’s eyes something was off with him at the start of the game... almost looked bloodshot... any mention on him not feeling up to par?

daywalker02 and bmelo like this.
  6. Rockets Rule

Rockets Rule Contributing Member

Just saw the other thread.... virus... answered my own question! thanks! :)

7. PeppermintCandy

I have no doubt the Rockets will take care of business at home, but it's just one more possibility of someone getting injured. Knock on cyber wood.

hakeem94 and PeterKingX like this.
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Exactly my thinking. CP3 needs less games as possible.

PeterKingX likes this.
  9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member

I was hoping we would sweep

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

What’s to break down? ROX had another ice cold 4Q and gave up a late lead. Story of the season.

Where was Fareid? Getting killed on the glass and Pringle’s going Tuckwagon lineup was annoying as hell.

Backups **** the bed big time.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Gave up a late lead? We were up by one possession going into the 4th. A single 3-pointer gives up that lead(which it did on the Jazz's first shot of the quarter).

People need to seriously chill. We're up 3-1. A sweep would've been nice, but who the hell predicted a 4-0 series before it started(and actually believed it would happen)? The Rockets are in great position to close Utah out tomorrow night at home. Capela and the bench can't play any worse and frankly I don't see Crowder, Rubio, Mitchell, and Favors all having great games like that again. One or two, maybe, but not all of them.

Roc Paint and Hakeemtheking like this.
  12. smp

smp Member

Yeah. He didn't win it in OKC but came really close. If we are playing that game though, we sure as hell haven't won anything bricking our 3's either. Haven't even made it to the finals but KD did.

The point is that a KD midrange is a good shot for GS and a wide open Harden midrange is a good shot for the Rockets. Dropping in 2's and keeping the score board moving is important. We will beat Utah doing what we are doing. We will beat almost anyone. But I really think we need Harden to hit that midrange when we go into these scoring droughts if we want to beat GS or the Bucks though. We can't go on these long stretches of bricking 3 after 3 in a seven game series against either of them. They will lock down on defense like Utah has but they will keep scoring too.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Dont get it twisted. Cp3 gonna walk out coz no one asked him questions

topfive likes this.
  14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

It’s hard beating a team 4 games in a row especially one that was playing so well up to the playoffs. They wanted it more than us. We will beat them in 5

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Role players don’t play well on the road.

Houston is going to show up for game 5.

This team thought Utah would roll over and die.

Hakeemtheking and hakeem94 like this.
  16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I definitely agree with you, when the 3s stop working, mids would be wonderful, and Harden has a great midrange game. Just moving the score instead of missing 15 3s in a row would be nice, especially when the Rockets are playing decent defense.

smp and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Zergling

Zergling Member

The only concern we should have is Clint Capela's ability to recover from his sickness.

The primary reason we are such a matchup nightmare for the Jazz is not Harden, not Paul, but Capela's ability to not only neutralize Rudy Gobert but render him completely useless with his hops and quickness.

Rockets medical staff need to do whatever it takes to get him healthy.

MettaWorldPete and Remlap like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

let the jazz have their moment. its their 1 game. its a wrap tomorrow. not even worried one bit.

DavidRocket and BigShasta like this.
  19. Remlap

Remlap Member

Wow Mr. "I just joined a month ago". Welcome to Clutchfans.
    So we've now moved beyond black and white and are now all the way to 'light and dark'?? REALLY??!

20. htownballa1622

This is going to be hard for people to understand because two things can be true but here goes.

Tony Brothers reffing this game was a complete set up by the league. I'm more convinced than ever that refs have too much influence on games and i'm not sure if it's rogue refs, or if it's sent out from the top down. I'm not going to say it's rigged, but there's a reason the game started how it did(besides hot shooting from Crowder). I watched Rockets get hammered on drives and no whistle to ticky tack fouls called on them the other way. Utah had shot 8 more fts and had like 9 more calls in their favor by halftime.

Examples.... BS travel call on Gordon by Brothers. Harden then drives in and gets forearm to body by Gobert which causes him to shoot short. No call. Ball kicks out on back of j*zz player's foot. j*zz ball. Mitchell falls down and loses ball and Brothers calls foul on rivers from the other side of the court.

THEN Morey tweeted about "this is an extender."

He knows what's up and I can't wait to see if he's fined. It's pathetic because I saw it last year in game 7 of wcf too.

NOW, let me say this. Rockets went up by 4 despite shotty calls and from then on, they were outplayed by j*zz ESPECIALLY in 4th when Mitchell went nuts. So, did Utah deserve to win? Sure, they outplayed Houston BUT that doesn't mean that refs didn't influence the beginning of the game. I'm more convinced than ever. Refs don't win or lose the games for any team but they influence the flow and from there one team takes over or the other team overcomes it regardless.

dlite316, Roc Paint, Voltik and 2 others like this.