1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 11/2/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 1, 2012.

1. rocketsfan7

rocketsfan7 Member

2. rocketsfan7

rocketsfan7 Member

When ever I see Harden smiling now, my eyes are immediately drawn to "the tooth". Thanks to whoever posted that picture with Harden smiling with Morey in the background. I'm scarred for life.

3. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Patterson's back, but with Smith not playing, who's going to play back up center?

4. Convictedstupid

Coal?

5. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Ideal we need PF that can pick and pop beside PNR. Looking at his shooting number, my guess he will not be Morey target.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm worried about whose going to backup Lin.

Give Machado a shot. A lot of people know he has game, this kind of reminds me of the Lin situation. A lot of people saw Lin in summer league/dleague and knew he had game...yet coaches did not play him and would rather give a bad veteran another shot to prove he's not very good.

I'm not really complaining after one game...but I just know how this goes. Machado is the rookie so it's going to take time for McHale to realize that perhaps Machado is the better option for backup point.

7. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Machado I don't believe is suiting up so not an option.

8. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

So will Pat be starting?

9. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Are you forgetting Korver?

10. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Totally agree. Josh Smith is the biggest mismatch for Our starting lineup. Their bench is much deeper with way more vets and offensive power. We will need every one to step up, especially our bench.

11. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

The game will be televised by ESPN STAR - asian sports channel.

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Cole or Patterson. My guess is that Patterson gets most of the backup 5 minutes.

13. nono

nono Member

He has been shooting extremely poor in every postseason. Hawks fans themselves are mostly reluctant to give this guy a max. We are in a really good position right now in terms of building a contending squad. Give a guy like Josh Smith a max contract and we will be back to square one.

1 person likes this.
  14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Patterson... I hope he doesn't look average out there he needs to bring it. Terrance Jones needs to play plain and simple. Crazy how Thunder is playing Hasheem Thabeet but we decide not to play Jones or Motiejunas.

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

All their players have played on good defensive teams, so we need to score on the break as much as possible. Smith and Horford are really good PnR defenders, but they don't have anyone that should slow Harden down. Iso him and let him go to town. If they swarm him I trust he'll make the right pass.

They are medicore on the perimeter. Harris is a former all-star and still pretty decent. Stevenson and Korver can't create for themselves. Lou Williams can't create for others. Teague is alright. They shouldn't be that hard to guard. If Smith wants to go for 30, that's fine as long as we keep everyone else in check. If Horford wants to iso Asik, be my guest.

16. Rafi

Rafi Member

Anyone know if I can watch the game on Atlanta's tv network - SportSouth?

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Craig Ackerman stated that when he did a pregame interview with McHale the other day he anticipated Cole Aldrich getting a few minutes, but never got in due to Smith's quality play. My guess is he gets a shot tonight.

Might see less to none D. Cook, and still implement Morris into the bench rotation.

Probably looking at this rotation-

PG:Lin
    SG:Harden
    SF:parsons
    PF:patterson
    C: Asik

backups-

PG: Douglas(10 min)
    SG/SF: Delfino(20 min),
    SF/PF: Morris(15 min)
    PF/C: Jones(15 min), Aldrich(5 to 10 min)

-Look to see team going big with Harden at the PG with Parsons/Delfino at the 2.

-I think Jones will get some minutes mostly as a backup 5 in a small ball lineup.

18. Roggit

Roggit Member

19. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Good points. Though I still would not underestimate them.

20. allaroundplayer

If Cole Aldrich has a chance to get minutes, that means White or D-Mo will not be part of the active roster to make room for Patterson.