1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 11/11/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 11, 2018.

1. DareDevil14

DareDevil14 Member

Still not excited Gordon is struggling, including him in a trade to get a bigger or multiple smaller pieces should be considered.
    Very happy though with the performance by harden, cp, Tucker and capella.

RyanB likes this.
  2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Rockets make a cameo appearance. I think I have seen this team before. Interesting how Anthony did not play and his box score was about the same.

hakeem94 and ROXTXIA like this.
  3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Well after the first half where they finally got their head out their ass offensively, they shoved it right back in in the second.

If MDA keeps the rotation this short we're gonna be tired at the end of every game, guess there really aren't many other options though.

Harden jacked a lot of 3s, lucky he was hitting them tonight but when he doesn't he needs to diversify his offense.

4. macan

macan Member

dam we are having a melo threads explosion at the moment..looks like here is a safer place..

hakeem94 and Remlap like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The thing is he is by far the third most talented scorer on this team and the by far the third best ball handler on this team.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm not worried about the second half (maybe because they won). They started a game Saturday night at 7:30 and last night they started at 6. After scoring 76 in the first half they were bound to hit a wall.

I do wish Harden would cut down on the turnovers, though. 1-1 ratio? Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

ultra aggressive harden = best win of the season

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. mario_v

mario_v Member

Now this was a good win.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Aside from "just making shots"

What I want to see more of is "aggressive Harden" and "aggressive CP." Yes it is commendable that they look for their other teammates to set them up, but we need Harden and CP "in rhythm" so when they are needed later in the game, they have a lather.

I WANT CP to look for his 3pt shot. He SHOULD look to be a scorer. No more passive stuff.

Would like to see Harden and CP be as aggressive for THEIR shots as Lillard and McCollum are for their's. And Capela and Tucker will get the scraps and be productive.

Gordon or course needs to get it together, but at least he looks a bit more locked in (maybe now that the Butler trade is done).

Ennis looks like a ghost out there. But he isn't hurting the team. Clark is sneaky in ways to help the team.

Better BENCH support, even in modest ways, would do WONDERS for this team.

10. rockets13champs

Team goes as far as harden goes

vlaurelio likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I wouldn't take Wall because of his attitude. I get the skills, but too much money at risk on a chemistry risk.

Beal is a no brainer of course. And Porter or Oubre would be great gets.

I believe Morris is available. He is expiring. Morris has ties to Harden so there is a chemistry FIT there. He could play PF and backup 5 for Houston. Most importantly, he could be AVAILABLE. But being expiring.....I wonder what the cost would be. Because there is no guarantee he re-signs with Houston over the summer.

joshuaao, pippendagimp and HP3 like this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hartie seems weaker than Joe Chee
    They both need to eat some Red beans and rice and add some WEIGHT!!
    They better live on the weights next off season

Rocket River

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the owner owns a bunch of restaurants

14. macan

macan Member

i can't decide which melo thread i should click

Jake Tower and hakeem94 like this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

See , I'm not sure if we "got the offense right " in the first half .... we were just hot .

mfastx and hakeem94 like this.
  16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

8 of 18 44.4%

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Listening to the Dunc’d on podcast right now and paraphrasing they are talking like we should have zero concern over the offense. We lead the league in highest percentage of open 3 point shots yet we are only 25th in 3 point percentage, which just can’t continue. They also mentioned how Paul and Hardens at the rim shooting percentage are so far off their normal that it just can’t continue.

Plus they are diving into the numbers on just how bad Melo is hurting us on both ends.

Some have already said it but it’s as simple as just making shots.

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Absolutely , now I think some of our 3's are not "good" in that they are too deep or too contested .... but by and large this is not a problem .

Our finishing at the rim is pretty awful and concerns me more than our 3's

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I hope the Rockets didn't only win because they happened to be hot from three. This team isn't going to win many games if they can only win when they are scorching from the 3 pt line. Harden had a pretty bad game if he wasn't scorching from three. We know he isn't going to be this hot from three on a consistent basis.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

macan and hakeem94 like this.