1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 10/4/2018 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Interesting how you immediately try to insult someone when they don't agree with you. Comprehension, lololol.

So if he didn't suck in Phoenix, but he is suddenly (and apparently) terrible in the first two games of the preseason with a new team (read: WITH A NEW TEAM), what do you think is the actual reason? The fact that he actually sucks, or that he needs more than 2 games to adjust to a new system / new players / new everything, around him?

Kawhi wasn't that great in the Raptors first PS game. Do you think the fans there were calling for a better SF, after that game? No. Give it some damn time.

I'm not looking to change your mind, but the hot takes on Chriss, are ridiculous.

dragonwill and Htownballer38 like this.
  2. Remlap

Remlap Member

Except Morey is going to have to petition the league to allow Ennis 8 fouls instead of 6. LOL
    He seems to rack up fouls faster than points. He'll have to get the hang of the new 'Freedom of Movement' rule

Chanmarr likes this.
  3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Can you not freaking read or stay on topic? Who are we talking about? Ennis and Chriss right! So why the bleep would you think I was talking about the entire damn team?

Then you turned around and said the defense looks suspect.(The two Rockets games have also been pretty boring and our defense currently looks suspect). These are your words correct.

That is why I said scoring 130+points is not boring.

You seem to have the reading problem here. T

As far as the two players in question. Its the freaking preseason for crying out loud. They are playing on a new team for crying out loud. This is what preseason is for, working out the kinks, learning the system on both ends of the court. And oh our defensive coach retired.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Obey the THICC!

#564 Deuce, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  5. hakeemthagreat

Chriss isn't any bigger than PJ or Melo. Are they "fat" too? Given it's first game starting as a Rocket, in a new system, it's comparable to Capela who couldn't even score or his first few games. He's already shown he can play

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

D-rock likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

D-rock likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Deuce, Juxtaposed Jolt, macan and 2 others like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

As far as I know Chriss isn't a drug addict, he just has the IQ and maturity of a toddler.

RudyTBag likes this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am dying for a reason to like the kid. Be it personality or skill.

Clint Capela, even at the very beginning, always seemed to be a rugged worker and blue collar personality. Chriss gives me the spoiled child feel.

If anyone can steer him right, it's CP3, Nene and Mike D'Antoni. Still, it's going to take a lot of work.

D-rock likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Chriss has played played over 150 games in the NBA already.

The Rockets will work with him as long as they have him and hope that he figures it out.

I just don't see it happen. He doesn't think well enough and doesn't especially have a love for basketball.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

I really want to give him a chance and chalk last year up to bad system, no pg.

But last night I saw something really disturbing. In the second half there was a sequence where he got blocked twice in a row by Turner, then on a switch he didn't step up and allowed a 3. After that, he simply gave up. You can tell because on boxouts he was just standing there slumped over without giving any effort. On a play where Harden got posted up and Chriss was 2 feet away he just strolled by and watched instead of trying to alter the shot. The body language was pathetic, and so was the effort. I can accept bad plays, missed shots, missed rotations, getting blocked, missing dunks etc, especially from a young player. However when things don't go your way some players get mad. And when they get mad some players channel that into playing with more intensity, more effort. Others simply give up when things don't go their way - this is called a loser.

Chriss is still young, he is immature, probably a snowflake millennial, with self-proclaimed mental/emotional issues last season. He needs to grow up, fast, or else he won't be fighting for a rotation spot on a contender, he will be fighting to stay in the league.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  15. hakeemthagreat

So coming to a new team in a new system doesn't factor in? I think you guys already have preconceived notions about guys & allow that to affect your silly opinions. Hes a young player learning on the fly. Hes already shown us a good stretch of play in the 1st game. Had a bad second game as a starter. As of now, he's already leaped ahead of Zhou Qi as far as potential

Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Coming to a new team is the ONLY thing that keeps me from completely writing him off.

Most of his problems are between his ears and the lack of passion he has.

He doesn't think quickly and he does not have a reputation for giving much effort. Usually those character traits do not change.

I would love nothing better than for him to prove me wrong. There have been a couple guys that were considered low IQ/low effort guys that made okay careers for themselves.... one of them is on the Rockets (Green) but the overwhelming vast majority of players with these issues after 150 games played in the NBA don't figure it out.

17. fattz

fattz Member

He is not a rookie and his playing time has dropped from his rookie year —> after 2 games a lot of the why was answered. We traded to move Anderson not get Chriss. We are trying to make “chicken salad” but he plays like he plays. We have A LOT of talented bigs at this point and he is not the answer to any Rocket’s questions other then the trade filler he came to us as. Let’s invest where we will get a return. Rehoming him as quickly and quietly will help all, IMO.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Haha...

Any dancing that does not include Joe Chee is not worth watching. Lol

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

lol

20. hakeemthagreat

I don't quite know how you can come to this conclusion after 2 preseason games lol. But he's already shown flashes of potential the 2nd half of the Grizzles game. So the Rockets are probably not as pessimistic as you are. If we went by your standards the Rockets would've cut Capela after his horrible debut too

Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.