1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 1/18/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's not 4 on 3. Hardens man helps and harden doesn't move

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

The help is so far away, all the role players have to do is shoot, pass or drive. I stead they F it up with hesitation, mistakes and fakes.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Mr. Clutch

Not necessarily

4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Such a piss poor coach

5. riko

riko Member

Get help with all your harden issues. It’s truly disturbing.?every post is the same dribble

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  6. Mr. Clutch

Pub intended?

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Correct, this was before.

It shows that Trev is still a guy that you can depend on. He plays hard, regardless of minutes and role.

He'd greatly improve this team as it is right now. I like T.S. but Trev would be a much better player for us.

amaru and HP3 like this.
  8. amaru

amaru Member

I agree, Trev is missed. Obviously our biggest holes are at the forward slots. Are your ears still predicting some help in that department going forward?

9. spacepimp

spacepimp Contributing Member

8 man rotation again

10. spacepimp

spacepimp Contributing Member

Not a reply sorry, just observation.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

As the coach MDA could have recognized that and done something about it. Part of the coaching job is develop and motivate players they dont allow their guys to stagnate and develop bad habits.

12. Mr. Clutch

I don't know if dantoni has that kind of leverage. He isn't even signed beyond this year.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

He has had the leverage the past couple of years Harden has been here for like 7 years now.

14. vator

vator Contributing Member

Bumping this old game thread instead of making a new thread. Plus there are some good comments in here about Capela. I feel like this was one of those moments and there have been a few, that led to Rockets brass feeling comfortable about moving off of Capela. Disclaimer: I love Clint and am a supporter of his game, but I distinctly recall watching this game and seeing him get bullied and punked by JaVale McGee and Dwight Howard. It made me cringe. Anthony Davis didn't even play this game and we lost 124-115. I think the Rockets realized that couldn't beat them at a game of battle of the big men so the decision was made to optimize what we do best.

Having that much money invested in a rim running, lob catching center at that moment didn't make as much sense when you see several teams across the NBA getting those skills from guys at a mere fraction of the cost. That money needed to be allocated somewhere else. Unfortunately, we haven't yet replaced that skill set on the team with a bargain player, but we'll see what shakes out in the buyout market.

I'll miss Capela, but I do like the idea of trying to recreate what we had defensively and offensively with Prince Luc, Ariza, and PJ from a couple of seasons ago.

Last thought...Fertita is cheap as hell. This team would be legitimately scary if he would spend money. Our window is small so going all in is a necessity. I don't understand why he refuses to go for it...even just for a couple of years. If it doesn't work, just blow it up and viola, you're back under the tax. This fear of the repeater tax is complete BS. Russ and James can't play at this level much longer.