1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 3/20/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 19, 2013.

1. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

jazz are struggling right now. time to take advantage.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Another team fighting for the playoffs and fired up after being blown out by us. Gotta come out guns blazing.

3. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

so rockets are struggling, too. I really want to see Rockets consistent every game.

4. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

Lets start the best extendend weekend of basketball of the year off with a big win for the Rockets!

Rockets 118
    Jazzholes 103

1 person likes this.
  5. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

I don't watch the Jazz nor do I know much about them. Do they have any good 3 point shooters besides Mo Williams? Can we hide Harden on anyone?
    I know that Millsap and Jefferson will probably wreak havoc inside, so hopefully Asik and D-mo are suited up and ready to take the hit.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

They have Randy Foye and Gordon Hayward who both shoot 40%.

7. FacePalmMaster

If we lose, the world ends....save the world Rockets. No pressure.

8. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Rest assured that the Jazz remember the worst home loss by 45 points by the Rockets. Just like the Warriors remembered the 23 3-point tying record by the Rockets.

Huge game. Hopefully the rockets players realize that and do not start slow.

If we beat the Jazz we win the tie breaker and the series 3-1.

9. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

i wish for another huge blowout... at least +30 now would satisfy my appetite

10. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I'm pretty scared. I didn't really think Golden State played well enough to beat a playoff team, and they beat us by 30. Stomped us by 20 in the first half, then played lackadaisically and let us catch up, then stomped us by 30 in the second half. But, that has to be the bottom . . .

11. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

A big test for our young team. The pressure is on them, let's hope they handle it well this time. I think they will.

12. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

meh, thats why you are perpetually puzzled, fan. Rockets beat them 3 out of 4 games including a 30 pt win and they tied the record for 3 pointers in a game--humiliating the warriors in the process. I think it's just more evidence of the Rockets being "young and inexperienced" more than anything. The team will get more consistent with experience and hopefully this year will prime us for a legitimate run next season which I think we could do, even with the team as currently constructed.

Lets hope the "blow-you-out-before-you-know-what-hit-ya" Rockets show up tonight!

13. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Man do we need this. We got a rough 4 game stretch coming up next week against elite teams. We need to win all our games before then. But I like our chances, Jazz are in free fall and just lost to the Knicks, who were missing half their roster.

Win this win and it may just take the Jazz out completely.

Go Rockets!

14. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

I want to see James score 18 points but put a great effort on defense tonight.
    DMo is going to have a career high tonight.:grin:
    Darn it, I miss Toney.:grin:

15. holly1985

holly1985 Member

If the good Rockets show up, we will blow them out.

If the bad Rockets show up, we will be blown out.

It's that simple.

16. pnr

pnr Member

I want some hard nosed defense to be played. If the injury riddled Knicks can beat them playing that type of defense, I want the Rockets to do this too. We need to practice our defense.

17. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

we can beat the jazz. and they are struggling.

but this type of game is also the perfect recipe for a home loss. i know the jazz are embarrassed by how bad we whooped them in salt lake. they will come to play. just like the warriors.

18. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

I don't think there's any way rockets get blown out in this one, but you're right that this team can be like Jekyll ad Hyde. U don't know if they'll show up or not.

19. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Parsons said that Trob had an amazing practice today.

Maybe we'll see a different Trob tomorrow. :p

20. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Hopefully Harden wont guard Hayward tomorrow. I want to see Harden, not Haren.