1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 12/17/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Harden makes me believe in Santa Clause. If he can do all that on the floor, then there must be a Santa Clause. He did a step-back step-back...sprinkled a little magic dust...and fooled everybody into not thinking it was a travel. Hell, with that step-back, it's easy to see how he gets down them chimneys, drives to the tree with presents in hand, and then steps back out...up and away to the next house.

D-rock, ramotadab, BigMaloe and 12 others like this.
  2. YaoMingsSoulja

I do this at work sometimes xD

ramotadab and RyanB like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

We have our picks but I think Morey is trying to hold out on those picks for as long as he can. Look I get it, MDA is going really short but his tendencies are getting pushed to the extreme cause we are fighitng for a playoff spot and our bench have previously crapped the bed. Not saying its right, I'm just saying it is what it is. I know Morey has something up his sleeve but no one knows what.

He really should play Clark though, i dont know why he wont play him.

clutchdabear and snowconeman22 like this.
  4. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

Bless EGs heart for at least showing some fire on D and fight to deny his man from receiving the rock.... but my goodness on offense, he is getting closer and closer to markell faultz levels. Its a complete mystery how bad his shooting, decision making and confidence has dropped. Sure he still has that gravity effect to pull his man from the lane but teams will start to wisen up a

RyanB, amaru and Remlap like this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Screenshot_20181217-224502_Chrome.jpg

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

MDA is just stubborn and when it works it's great ... but I think over a whole season he's got to learn to fight his tendency to play a short rotation .

I know Morey wants to maximize the value of his picks , and I think he's making the right call by letting the knight situation play out a bit more .... knights value was at an all time low earlier this year . Either it will go up or it will stay the same . Maybe knight will even be our missing depth .

However , if he wasn't ready to play 15 minutes then he should've stayed in rgv .

Our bench didn't crap the bed in the third quarter. It was the starters coming out with poor energy. MDA panicked and instead of letting bench players come and bring energy he demanded that the starters claw themselves out of it . Tonight they had enough juice to close it out ... but another night harden isn't gonna have anything left in his legs .

It's not right to rely on him this much . I know our options are limited , but MDA just had to get over it and play the guys we have . Harden and Paul are good enough at creating for others that it can work out . Or MDA can draw up some more plays and we can actually run some cuts .

BigMaloe, RyanB, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  7. riko

riko Member

Knight from some really brief stints looks like someone who is tentative and hesitant. He did make a nice move off the dribble where he attacked the rim so that’s a start. To me he looks like someone who can help

BigMaloe, amaru, vlaurelio and 3 others like this.
  8. Remlap

Remlap Member

4-0 since Ennis went down.
    Not sure he'll get his starting position back right away
    Don't think the coaches aren't taking notes.

Killatron 2000 and amaru like this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Maybe he shouldn't . But he should get rotation minutes .

Also how much of that 4-0 is a result of harden just going nuclear . It's not like EG has been a revelation in the starting lineup .

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Poor Rubio. Maybe he should have tried the hands-behind-the-back defense.

@DreamShook These two plays should be #1 and #2 on NBA Top 10 tomorrow. Dagger razzle dazzle, step back 3, and Dunking on the best defensive center in the league ... after, of course, blowing by his man in ISO, and Gobert having plenty of time to see it coming.

D-rock, Deuce, ramotadab and 10 others like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea I didnt mean this game, I meant before during our losing streak.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If Lebron had this type of game, ESPN would dedicate the whole top 10 list to him.

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Chris Paul may not be shooting good at the moment but he is contributing in other ways. His passing has been great and his defence has been on point with getting lots of steals

YOLO likes this.
  14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He should have three.

15. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Did anyone else see Harden’s off-ball ankle breaker on I think it was Royce O’neal or Donovan Mitchell? That was too cool and he got himself open (but he missed the shot, sadly)

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Another night where Harden has to do all the hard lifting because Tilman wont pay for a supporting cast

amaru likes this.
  17. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Shout out to Kevin McFail for saying some good things and giving some respect to Harden!

D-rock, BigMaloe, RyanB and 1 other person like this.
  18. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

[​IMG]

#658 Kruze10, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Its probably not fun to find out your team wants to trade you lol

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Day in and day out. Fk all the haters, all I know is harden is our mvp and he will carry us to playoffs. Let's enjoy his brillance