1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 10/23/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 23, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Always cool seeing Harden walk in, but I want to see the new Player's Lounge that Tilman promised.

2. Rockets4Life13

I hate games against the Grizzlies but whatever ... lets go rox!

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Grizzlies aint no punks. They blew out a full healthy Warriors team. I predict an L. @what.

elmotsangtt likes this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Hope Qi gets more time with Anderson dealing with injury .

5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The perfect complement to Harden… on the defensive end. You failed to specifically point that out.

The whole reason we needed someone of CP3’s calibre was so last season’s playoff performance was not repeated. Because you know, Bev was not the perfect complement to Harden on the offensive end.

That’s usually how this thing works. You boost someone or something’s stock and then sell at a premium. Why would you do it any other way? You’d be a horrible investor.

And I use the term premium very loosely in this scenario. Unless of course you think Montrez and Decker are going to turn into anything better than decent role players?

News flash, Morey brought in Tucker and Luc… you’re heralding that Tyreke pick up… yet… Luc for the minimum. Yeah Morey really messed up this offseason.

Chris Paul’s game is not one based on athleticism, but on intelligence and fundamentally skilful play. It doesn’t matter if he’s 26 or 32 his output is going to be very similar. More chance of being injured yeah… and then you realised the younger body of Bev is just as injury prone.

We’re a team contending for a championship. What exactly was a late first round pick going to do for us except take away some cap space?

That pick will be (if things work out well for him) halfway into his career before we’d even care about him with our current contending roster fading away.

You just admitted CP3 was not Harden when he came to the Rockets. You’re right… he’s the best PG of the past decade… you don’t get those for cheap. So what exactly was your post about? You’ve gone full circle. Claiming why it was a ‘bad’ idea – yeah acknowledging at the end it was necessary.

Just an aside, doesn't Simmons look good in that Spurs jersey this season after his breakout performance last year!!!!!

6. what

what Member

I dont think morey thought any more about how chris paul fit except that he is a superstar, we will figure it out. I mean if you are happy then im happy.
    I honestly dont know what would get the rockets to a championship, but my gut says that cp3 wont be it.
    What do you think the rockets need?

7. bongman

bongman Member

Based on last year.... Defense! To fix try and fix that, we brought in 3 great 3nD players to the team. In what universe is that a mistake?

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  8. Rocket_ph

Rocket_ph Member

are there any stream where i can watch the game? will the houston rockets FB stream the game today?

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Lebron at PF and Rudy Gobert at C. GS is that good. Two MVPs in their prime, two other all-stars, a bench that includes Iggy and Livingston. All around defense, the best shooters in the league, and chemistry. If we take GS out of the equation, the Rockets can compete with anyone. But GS is the basically the only team that matters to anyone.

heypartner likes this.
  10. Zergling

Zergling Member

I can't believe Vegas odds have this as Rockets -8.0 right now. Have they not seen recent history? Grizzlies have beaten us at home plenty of times. Anyway, hope Vegas is right this time

11. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Sitting right behind Grizzles bench.

DonKnock likes this.
  12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

pics or bullshit

Pen15clubber likes this.
  13. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Why r Clyde and Bill on the court teaching us how to execute a pick and roll

14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Injury report update:

DonKnock: Flu like symptoms.

Someone gonna have to pick up the slack:(

J.R. likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tilman will quickly learn "First Shot" ain't getting fans into seats.

DonKnock likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Tily going to go bankrupt with all these "celebrities" hitting free throws.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

18. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

Way to go back at him Clint

19. Doge

Doge Member

You would think that the Rockets are a cellar dwellar with these lack of fans. I know its a Monday but still.

20. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

Sorry Don I’ve had the worst sinus infection for 3 weeks now so I feel yah

DonKnock likes this.