1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans' favorite Rocket players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fawkward, Dec 26, 2012.

Tags:
?

Who is your favorite player on this team?

1. Asik

43 vote(s)
    6.2%
  2. Parsons

108 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. Lin

210 vote(s)
    30.1%
  4. Harden

268 vote(s)
    38.5%
  5. Mook Morris

7 vote(s)
    1.0%
  6. Delfino

8 vote(s)
    1.1%
  7. Greg Smith

28 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. Toney Douglas

9 vote(s)
    1.3%
  9. Patrick Patterson

1 vote(s)
    0.1%
  10. other

15 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

Who is your personal favorite Rocket player on this newly assembled team?

Parsons is my favorite. He always plays hard and even if his shot isn't falling he does all the little things which lead to more possessions/buckets. Also 'cause he's usually cold-blooded behind the 3 pt line.

I don't like Asik simply because he can't catch bounce passes and should be dunking the ball 80% of the time instead he misses a lot of layups. His FG% should be 60% easily.

2. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I like Parsons & Asik.

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

Asik hands down. He is our most important player & most valuable. I knew he was a steal at the price we got him since the summer. Our defense would be absolute trash if he was hurt or not on this team, people would be running lay up drills against us. His great defense makes our back court players so much better on the defensive end.

Smith is second, I love that he has serious talent & nothing but upside at such a young age & his efficiency is so sick. He hustles really hard out there & gives effort & that is really the biggest skill set I value. Screens are a really important aspect to an effective offense & Greg sets mean ones. I think the direction of the NBA is that it is a PG's league & big men don't get the credit they deserve. I am stubborn & like to defy the norm so I really value love court players because of the increasing attention given to PG's.

1 person likes this.
  4. lean

lean Member

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Toney Douglass. Ratchet player that does all the little ratchie things to win.

1 person likes this.
  6. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Jeremy Lin.

7. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Hahahahaaha I thought this thread was going to be one of those threads where you can see who voted for what.....

As much as I try to like all the Rockets equally, my vote goes to James Harden.

8. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

I appreciate Chandler Parsons and his demeanor. Things like how:

- He is the first person to reach out to a new team mate.

- He makes up for poor offensive performances in other facets of the game.

- He fulfills that quintessential glue guy role on the Rockets, in my opinion, better than Shane Battier did in his time here and he is only in his 2nd year.

- Best contract in the NBA as recognized by many analysts and people with half a basketball brain.

2 people like this.
  9. lpy3

lpy3 Member

Jeremy Lin.

10. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

This is hard cuz although am I a bit older than Harden, we both played for the same high school, so I've been following for quite some time now. I've also followed Lin since I saw him play vs. the Huskies. You should have made Harden and Lin as a choice LOL.

11. ada32

ada32 Member

Unfortunately, only one vote allowed!
    I love them all.

It was a choice between Harden and Lin.

After twenty minutes, I just lin it!

12. str8diah

str8diah Member

Asik because he is a beast at the court and way modest at outside

13. poing

poing Member

Harden.

Without him the GARM would be a very unpleasant place all season.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

Definitely Harden. It's so great to have a superstar once again. Yes, I'm going to say he's a superstar player, even if he lacks the team success usually necessary for such a distinction.

15. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Lin, for his quarterbacking skills. we still need 1 reliable iso guy, in harden.

16. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

I wonder who chose "other" and who that "other" is? Could it be that dude that made the thread about the "Answer Machado"? I forgot who that was...LOL

17. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

Samson and Mchale

18. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I love the current roster. I love Harden the most because he is going to be our All-Star player for years to come and for having a funny smile. I love Lin for overcoming a lot of talk, adversity and I love Asik for giving us the big man we covet. I also love Parsons for being a 2nd round pick, I love him being the only white guy who can't shoot FTs. Too bad we don't play on Valentine's Day, or we will color our foes red. Let's go RED!!!!

19. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

20. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

i chose other: Royce White because he's going to be a star if McFail would finally play his ass