1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] 5 Thoughts After Witnessing Hakeem The Dream Play Once Again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

ooooh good point!

2. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Yes. It was a very good sight. :)

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thank you.

this means something for the real rockets fans.

4. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

The move he made in the NBA Africa game was a simple spin + fadeaway.

Nobody can come close to Hakeem's post moves from when he played. But what he did in the Africa game was only impressive because he's 52! Im as big a Dream fan as any of you, but freaking out about a fadeaway jumper makes this fanbase look ignorant!

5. tinman

Supporting Member

no you are not a big dream fan, you are a mcgrady fan.

and no it was not a 'simple' spin and fadeway

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/eHuZ7uKp9HI/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

tmac couldn't do it. he'd just pull up and jack up a 3.

#85 tinman, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

Boss,

I agree. To call it a 'simple' spin move means Joey Dorsey could do it.

7. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

See what I mean? I go to the next thread and someone talks about the move itself and you start ranting about T-Mac. The threat isn't about you, stop hijacking it.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I ****ing hate Dancing With The Stars, but if they put Hakeem on there I'd watch every episode just to get another glimpse at his footwork.

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

Ever since the Dream retired, who has done a move like that in the NBA? Only two I can think that can come relatively close to that move is Dirk and Harden.

There isn't a Center/PF in this league that has the footwork and coordination to do a move like that without failing miserably and or traveling.

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TYvpuWOYD-M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xK8FtKCFWt0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://lockerdome.com/puresweatbasketball/7403206506463252

I hate Kobe, but he could do it. That being said, I don't think any player has done that specific move. They all copy other moves though.

This guy has real potential:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5Irvvb7Y4-w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. SKTTLZ

SKTTLZ Member

I can't agree more. I feel like we were spoiled watching Hakeem in the early 90s in his prime. Being a young basketball fan in that era and rarely watching any other team, I grew up believing that was the norm for centers. Boy was I wrong.

Regarding a 52 year old Dream playing in the league, no way. I've gotten the honor of playing pick up with him, he's definitely still have the skill but I don't think the stamina and explosiveness are near NBA-level. It's like he was..."reverse snowbirding"? lol. Staying back on D, grabbing rebounds and throwing outlets for fast breaks.

Nonetheless, it was truly a joy to watch him come out in our jerseys from the golden-era.

*wipesnostalgicmantears*

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Melo is the best at it, since Dream.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Another great read, Clutch. You're on a roll. Don't stop! :-D-

As for the Jordan fanboy cluttering up this thread, aren't you late for pre-school?

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Non believers, as predicted by rudy t

15. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

You're an idiot!

I'm a bigger dream fan than you are! I'm a bigger basketball fan than you are because I'm not blind to the other great players and teams that have played in the league!

My biggest college project was a presentation over the history of basketball, you're nothing!

16. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

There's not one player in the league with the footwork Hakeem showed in his playing days.

But it'd be easier to name the guys that can't make that shot (when defended as soft as He was in this play)

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You apparently haven't really watched basketball since Hakeem retired, and I agree with the poster you replied to. That move was a standard spin+fade that every decent player has in his repertoire and uses from time to time when posting up.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Quit dreaming.
    I know you lofs cause I've been here since genesis

You call Hakeem's move simple while clutch and others call it supreme footwork

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

It's a thing of beauty!

20. marky :)

marky :) Member

Then name the players that can do that?