1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch, please get rid of the Jeremy Lin is a joke thread.

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by VanityHalfBlack, Mar 9, 2014.

1. VanityHalfBlack

He was undrafted to begin with. He was injured during those stretches of bad games, lol and now you see in this game he came up big? Or just rename it to Jeremy Lin is inconsistent, he is far from a joke.

2. New Generation

This. I really don't think there should be player witch-hunting in the GARM, at least not in an obvious manner. I think re-naming it might be good! (Keeps forum freedom but more civil).

3. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I guess you could make the argument that the thread has positives. It allows most of hone lin discussion to be in one thread, compared to being spread out to multiple threads

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Might as well get rid of the Fire McHale thread too.

5. VanityHalfBlack

Fire Mchale thread isn't as bad as calling Lin a joke though, no? At least with the Fire Mchale thread it's based purely on his coaching skills while Jeremy Lin is a joke thread is based on every ******g asset related to Jeremy Lin, whether it be personal or skills. It's a character crusher, and it hurts me as I cry to sleep every night.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I would agree. I understand that controversy brings clicks, but other threads get closed as well. Threads that are only designed to breed negativity and hatred against one of our players and/or coach, and really hateful knee-jerk and troll threads really do not make the GARM any better.

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

You guys b**** about players all the time, you always have.

Why is this different? Cause its a player you like?

The correct answer is it keeps all the Lin b****ing in one thread.....or it would if y'all knew how to keep discussions on topic.

And no Jackie.....it has jack**** to do with clicks.:rolleyes: you've been here long enough to know better than that.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

To answer your question, because the thread starter didn't even attempt to make any argument about why he thinks the player is not good. It was clearly a knee-jerk thread, and pretty angry and hateful. It was also related to something that happened in a game, so should probably just have gone into the game thread. Knee-jerk threads after bad games have been closed before.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not for me. I never clicked on the Lin thread and have not gone into the McHale thread for weeks now.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

This wasn't meant to be a negative comment, I wasn't trying to imply that that is the core motivation to keep the thread up. It's just a well-known fact in social media in general.

I also tried to ignore those threads, but sometimes, I clicked on them. I just don't really see them serving any useful purpose, but that's just my personal opinion.

And yes, maybe R2K is right to some degree, perhaps my opinion is influenced by the fact that I like both Lin and McHale (although I sometimes questioned McHale's in-game coaching and with Lin, it drives me mad when he passes up open shots and when he dribbles into traffic and then throws the ball away. But he is not the only one to ever do that).

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Think about what you are asking for.

Even if I personally dont like a thread's contents, I cant just go around closing them based on what I like. What happens when its your thread I dont like?

There have been TONS of threads over the years that have not been well thought out but were left open because they generated lots of discussion.
    I mentioned it above, and I was serious about it....we discussed closing it early on but decided to leave it be as kind of a catchall for merging all negative Lin threads. You guys dont see alot of them, but there have been lots of threads merged into that one or outright closed and directed to that one.

Would you guys rather we had a whole page full of negative Lin threads when he is struggling? Granted, it looks like he is climbing out of his slump, but last week he deserved the criticism, yet there was not a ton of threads for b****ing about him.

It serves a purpose....dont enter it if you must, but the minority opinion(yes, most Rockets fans like Lin) must be represented in order for there to be fairness.

I really dont see how you guys cant understand that.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

We both know what happens then :grin:.

It's not a big deal to me, just thought I would add my two cents on the idea of the OP. No need to get all worked up. Thanks for all your work.

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

You should know by now this is nowhere near worked up. I never get worked up in Feedback, in here Im either joking around or being factual about BBS stuff.(imagine me saying it in a matter of fact voice)

I get irritated sometimes, but I never really allow this place to make me angry. As long as you arent dumping on the community in one way or the other, you will never make me angry.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you and AAW are 2kers,

obviously not a harmonious camp like camp 99!

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

2009 best 9.

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

2003, the year of <3...:cool:

I agree with keeping the thread open, it serves it's purpose, that is to keep all the LOF's and LOH's in one place. I don't agree with the title, HE IS a current Rocket player, who sometimes makes bonehead plays, that's all! To call him a joke is no different than calling him the best player on the team, both statements are extremely biased, and lack any rational thought!

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Or we can turn that thread into sexy pics of Chandler Parsons.

18. BamBam

LOL...that's a great idea!..:grin:

19. VanityHalfBlack

So wait a second? If Lin scored more than 20 pts, the rockets would have won against the heat or are the LOH saying Lin should not be in the game period? He was -22 but how does the coaching staff know this? Do they have internet handy? What about the Chicago game where rockets lost by 30, where was our superstars then? I'd say the loss is on The Rockets, not one player am I right?

20. BamBam

The loss is always on the team, and that includes the coaching staff as well! Some players contribute more in a particular loss than others though. Regardless, I think the Rockets as a team, are ahead of the learning curve, and that's what I choose to focus on. Singling out a player is pointless, whether we like it or not, Lin is going to be one of our main rotational players for the remainder of the season, live with it or you'll end up with an ulcer before the season is over.

GO ROCKETS!!!