1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron] Rockets look to adjust as defenses target Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Dec 4, 2008.

1. worzel gummidge

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6147774.html
    The entire article is too long post. Read the rest via the URL above.

2. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

3 POINT!

YEAH!

my post about Yao shooting 3s is coming to fruitition!

not.

:p

3. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

Yao's new weapon, wow. :D

Great Yao..

4. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I saw Yao making some 3's during warmups at the game yesterday. He looked pretty good.

5. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

A couple of years back, Yao made like 5 threes in a row in a warm up before the game. I don't know why we don't give him the option. He'd be like a 35% 3 point shooter.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bVGGcrUUSJ0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bVGGcrUUSJ0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

6. lordrealm

lordrealm New Member

lol I like Artest's comment. I wish that's actually the case.

Yao has lost his outside touch in games. With consistent practice, I can see Yao shooting 3s. If we become desparate enough, it will be very interesting to watch a 3pt shooting center.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

yao's got to get back to attacking before the double team gets there or if it's weak attack through it. he did it before and now he's tentative again or not comfortable yet.

too many times he catches it and he still has one man behind and he just waits for the double to come. it's great that he's aware of his teammates but he's at his best and this team is so much better when he's just plain aggressive and looking to score. he hasn't lost a step he just needs to get that comfort level back and start attacking.

8. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

I was at the Celtics game and while Yao was chatting w/ Sam Cassell, he nonchalantly turned around and drained a shot 5 feet behind the 3 point line. He definitely has the ability....in games is another question.

9. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

He can't be any worse than Rafer on most games. So why not.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

hopefully artest feels the same way about his own offensive game so then he'll get better.

11. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

There's a reason he does it the way he does and I actually like the reason he "waits" for the double team. I'll explain:

The time when Yao is most vulnerable is the second after he decides what to do with the ball. Thats why he waits. Because if they double him he still can get the ball to the open guy, while if they don't he can make his move and score.

If Yao makes a move to the basket as soon as he gets the ball, and he gets an immediate double team, thats a recipe for disaster because he can't pass from that position when he's in the middle of his move.

And I'm sure if you watch a lot of games, he'll turn the ball over because he'll be in the middle of his move and a guy comes over and knocks the ball out of his hands.

12. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

I love it, it is a fascinating idea. Before you know it, Yao will start shooting four-pointers like 'Toine

13. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

they should've let him shoot threes from the day we drafted him.

14. JustWannaChill

And there are also some gay ass around here who have orgasm whenever they see the other team get a stop on Yao. These gay ass hope for the Rockets to lose and Yao to have a bad game so they can have their orgasm party together after the game. These gay ass include, but not limited to, ekim (aka rofflesaurus), Starscream, Legend Killer, etc. Geeze, all these tards could well be the same person.

15. Rocketman2002

Rocketman2002 Member

lol you forgot Yao's No 1 fan Mr. pink. :p

Anyway they should definately let yao try a couple of three pointers while spending the majority if time in the paint.

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

obviously no one can stop yao if it's straight up. but some guys can slow him down.

all i want is if yao is not in the game offensively, he should be a beast defensively. block all those shots when those midgets bring it to the basket.

17. The Brian

The Brian Member

"Whatever Yao wants to do, he can do," Ron Artest said. "I like when he’s down (low). Those guys, they act like they can stop Yao. They can’t stop Yao. They act all macho when they get a stop on Yao. They can’t stop Yao.

haha, artest is hilarious.

18. JustWannaChill

Well, I don't really know. Mr. Pink acted kind of funny after his infamous thread with a title along the line of "None of Yao's rebounds are real" (yes I know it doesn't make sense at all) or something. He seems to be just pretending to be a hater and fooling around here. He gave himself away when he tried too hard to be outrageous. Probably just an attention w**** IMO.

19. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I'll put it this way....If all game long teams are fronting Yao and we keep trying to get him the ball in the paint when its clearly not working, we are stupid. In a game like that, Yao should step out and try threes. Why the hell not?

Thats what ticked me off about JVG. He wasn't creative enough on offense, and maybe thta was a product of the players we had. But even with Yao, he would never let him shoot jumpers. Maybe, it was a good thing, but there were so games that Yao clearly wasnt going to be effective in the paint, and he didnt try anything different. Adelman is way more open minded on offense, and his defensive philosophy works just about as well as JVGs.

20. Rocketman2002

Rocketman2002 Member

Well real hater or not, dude is definately a troll, and i am surprise he havent been ban yet.