1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Chron] Howard all smiles while shedding reputation with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jan 8, 2014.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/rockets/article/Howard-all-smiles-while-shedding-reputation-with-5122841.php?t=9c3362e94d66506723

3 people like this.
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

CD says Dwight loves McHale. As long as Dwight love McHale, Morey will love McHale, too.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He has exceeded all expectations (except free throws)

1 person likes this.
  4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

And even in that category I think he's improved from last year.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Anti-Kobe be fair Mamba has been riding his unhappy ride to 5 championships

I doubt that happy Howard can touch that. He will be thrilled to even get a chance at one or two ships.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I do believe in winning at all costs, but if you can win a couple and be a nice guy -- why not? I've lost all respect for Jordan as a person due to the sheer amount of stories I've heard about him. Great basketball player, huge *******. Hakeem was a great basketball player and I hear nothing but good about him. Just throwing that out there.

1 person likes this.
  7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Good read, Feigen and Creech are doing a fantastic job. I shudder to think of the days we'd get hot garbage from Jerome Solomon

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This scares me, McHale isn't a terrible coach but i don't think he's good enough with all he talent we have.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I sure hope McHale means it re: going to Dwight more often. Let him dominate tomorrow.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am just saying Howard should win with happiness but the talent and killer instinct of Jordan and Kobe are above those of Howard.

Howard can be as happy as one gets he probably won't get close to 5 championships.
    Just a fact. Not with Lebron, Durant on other teams.

11. galpeleg

galpeleg Member

in regard to kobe:
    it easy to get 5 champ when u have Phill Jackson as coach Shaq as main player for the first 3 , the best front court in the 2nd 2 and Horry + Fisher as your clutch players that bail your hero ball selfish ass !!!

back to thread
    yup Howard sure was a pleasant surprise and i fully admit i had low opinion o him before this year.
    he showing actual maturity this year and it nice to see that

12. PhiSlammaJamma

I think he has drive and passion. He's the top Center in the league. Drive and passion got him there. He has energy and motivation. There's no dogging it. He may be limited in his ability to score with a plethra of moves, as most big me are, to be a top 10 player in history, but he has his own move or two. It won't matter. I'm not worried about drive with Howard. I think even Harden has the will to win from an offensive perspective. The team is more or less built. This Championship will all come down to ball movement and trust. Both are achievable with this team. They've shown it at times. They just haven't figured out that at the end of games the ball has to keep moving. The offense has to run that last 8 minutes. Howard has the drive to win championships in my own mind. You don't have to have the ball to do that. And like Magic Johnson, he's happy doing it. This is more or less about the team coming together at the end of games at this point in my opinion.

1 person likes this.
  13. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Good for him. Good for us.

The world needs more happy people.

14. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Howard for all of his flaws on the court has done a great job for us and been a polar opposite of his media rep even though he has shown flashes of his old self.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

"killer instincts" are overrated as hell. Kobe's so called drive got him nowhere without Pau, Bynum and Shaq. There's plenty of players that has been previously labeled chokers, no motivation, no drive like Dirk, and Lebron who has won championships.

And then you have guys like Duncan, Hakeem, Magic Johnson who has also won their share of championships without being total assholes.

Chips are won with talent, coaching and chemistry, killer instincts are trivial in comparison

2 people like this.
  16. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

LBJ won two championships with 2 other superstars and the best supporting cast in the NBA. Magic won with the greatest center of alltime and James Worthy. Bird had Mchale.

For some reason, Kobe haters only apply this imaginary championship asterisk to Kobe:rolleyes: Nobody else lol. The hatred alwayz shows it's ugly face

17. chandlerbang21

Killer instinct ? This is sports not the hunger games. Don't let the media lead you astray

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Not if we lose.

19. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

"Until breaking his arm as a child, Howard was lefthanded."

Had no idea. Would it be reasonable to infer anything about his free throw shooting woes from this?

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You mean, Jerome "Mr. Negative Therefore I Belong in a Bigger Media Market Because I'm not Interested in Writing What You Want to Read" Solomon? Him?