1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Dwight Howard: Starting Point Guard Decision "Doesn't Matter"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Dwight Howard is the Reasonable Voice of Reason.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...arting-point-guard-decision-it-doesnt-matter/

[rquoter]Given his turn to comment about the Rockets’ apparent battle for the starting point guard position, Dwight Howard said he was unconcerned with the choice, calling it “a luxury to have two great point guards.

“It doesn’t matter and it shouldn’t matter to any of those guys who starts the game or whatever,” Howard said. “The biggest thing is that we all accept our roles. If we do that, we will have a great season. We can’t allow anything to affect us as a team and pull us in the wrong direction. I enjoy playing with both of those guys.

“We have great chemistry so far. I like the fact that all of us are talking a lot. We spend a lot of time together off the court and this trip has really helped us bond. I’m really excited about our future as a team. I believe that everybody has the confidence that we can win the championship. We’re all talking about how great we can be if we all play together and stay focused. That’s going to be amazing.”

Though Rockets coach Kevin McHale revealed that Howard has been battling a sore hamstring, when asked about his surprises through training camp, he immediately cited Howard’s impact on those around him.

“I’ve been impressed with what Dwight brings, Dwight’s ability to run,” McHale said. “He got hurt a little bit. His hamstring is a little bit tender. But as Jeremy (Lin) said, he’s such a presence. He runs down the court and widens out in the paint. He attracts two or three players. He’s just strong. Coaching against him I always knew he was unique. He draws so many fouls.”

Howard said his greatest physical issue was sleep deprivation.

“I’m going to be fine,” he said. “Superman is a little rusty, but he’ll be OK when the season starts.” [/rquoter]

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Egm2ejfaGuc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1 Carl Herrera, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  2. Karolik

Karolik Member

But...but ... I thought Dwight wanted to play with Lin!!!!!!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

2 people like this.
  3. 34to11

34to11 Member

Excellent.

4. bongman

bongman Member

Lin not starting does not mean he won't play with Dwight correct?

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

What is Howard thinking saying this before the Taiwan game. He better be ready for the consequences.

6. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Well that puts the "Dwight wants to play with Lin" myth to rest

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Is the hamstring issue something new?

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

for an alleged head case Dwight always knows exactly the right thing to say

he's done everything right on and off the court since signing with the Rockets

9. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

He is being sarcastic, in case you didn't catch that

10. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

funny how Dwight of all people is saying people should "accept their roles" and they will have a great season

he should have listened to his own advice when he was with the Lakers. always b****ing about not wanting to play pick and role basketball and not getting enough focus with Kobe and all. until Dwight has some rings, he is Kobes b!tch on that Lakers team

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Probably not.

Agree with Commodore though. Dwight is a good PR guy.

12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lol is this a joke that he came here to solely play with lin?

13. Ultimate6thMan

Consummate Professional. I wouldn't expect him to say anything other than what he said as a professional.

14. KlutchQT

Nobody else is concerned about Dwight's hamstring, eh?

15. Breaker

Breaker Member

Dwight knows the PG talents on this team is sub-standards, thus regardless who's starting, they'll have little impact compare to the Big 3 (Harden, Howard, Parsons).

16. Breaker

Breaker Member

Like how Lin is Westbrook's b!tch?

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Damnit Dwight! Doesn't he know this is bad marketing?

18. trock

trock Member

With all this talk about accepting roles, sacrificing, I'm going to guess Bev's eventually going to start.

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I don't think it's too much to worry about.

McHale wouldn't risk injury with Dwight Howard in the pre-season, and I'm sure the training staff have looked into it.

20. KlutchQT

Thanks for at least indulging me with a response. I really just needed someone to say "don't worry." LOL.

1 person likes this.