1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Daryl Morey Q&A: On Carmelo Anthony, catching the Warriors, new chemistry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Sep 21, 2018.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I hope he changes his mind! Melo and Tucker are good shooters but on opposite sides of the court. Melo does well from the right side, Tucker on the left. It's a match!

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Has to be. Harden is like top 5 in MPG every season since coming here and he's never averaged over 40 mpg lol.

Deckard and don grahamleone like this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I love how Morey dumped this question on MDA:

Handling Melo with gloves. Just tell the dude he will have his best season in years if fewer than 15% of his shots are from mid range and he attacks the basket more. Why wouldn't he want to have an incredible season? Let Paul or even Harden take more mid range if we absolutely need it.

Deckard likes this.
  4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

So ... the iso haters are gonna hate us even more.

Deckard likes this.
  5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

#bookingJuneoffforRocketsparade

I take a committed 2018-19 meLO than a MElo from his previous seasons.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Either means
    CP / Harden / Ennis / Tucker / Capela
    or
    CP / Harden / Ennis / Melo / Capela

We assume Tucker is a starter....but he wasn't to start last season. That said, his communication defensively feels invaluable on the starting lineup without Ariza. Everything we have heard from the Rockets so far is they see Melo as a 4 and "we'll see" in terms of him starting. They aren't committing to anything. But you read the tea leaves and it looks like he is coming off the bench.

Still, we'll see. I am sure MDA wants to see the personnel groupings on the floor to see how everyone fits before he makes any firm commitments. And even then, he could adjust down the road.

7. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I think we'll see more Ennis with Melo and some GG with Tucker.

Deckard and Deuce like this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

[​IMG]

Will likes this.