1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Chris Paul became the leader "

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 4, 2018.

?

The leader

1. yes

156 vote(s)
    84.8%
  2. no

28 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. pippsux

pippsux Member

Who cares?
    They lift the trophy Gerald Green can be the leader.
    I really dont care, all I care about is beating the warriors in the wcf and then beating (insert East team) in the finals.

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Are you serious?

Chris Paul makes millions because he is able to entertain billions of people around the world, these people pay companies who pay sports networks who pay the NBA teams who pay him money.

Compare that to your average minimum wage worker who only works for like 100 customers max in a resto and thats why the minimum wage is making minimum and Cp3 is making 160M.

Reeko and hakeem94 like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I understand your answer, and am not disputing that sports is entertainment. Where we disagree is the value of it. I simply think asking for $19,230 an hour is ridiculous for anyone, and especially for a man who has a history of injuries, and went one month all season without missing a game. To compare that salary to a minimum wage worker is saying someone busting their ass doing a job that isn't pleasant, such as mopping floors or cleaning toilets only deserves to make .03 percent of what the entertainer makes!!!

I can't see any justification whatsoever for no cost of living increase in 10 years of minimum wage. It has stayed at that rate for so long, and is widening the gap between rich and poor, because the people reaping the profits off of paying as little as possible to their workers have their money in the pockets of Texas politicians. It shouldn't matter if someone is serving 1 person or 100, because cleaning toilets, mopping floors, or working in a fast food joint isn't a job people want to do. They do it to get by when they weren't privileged with a gifted talent, weren't handed money to run or work in a business by their wealthy parents, or didn't have the opportunity to get a quality education. I never look down on anyone working hard for a living, and regardless of the type of work they are doing, they should get at least 20 dollars an hour in this day and age.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad someone bumped this thread cause you are the best mod excluding Clutch of course
    He's Eddie Murphy
    you are Charlie Murphy
    @Os Trigonum @Snow Villiers

#64 tinman, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    Bobsputin likes this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Those peeps working minimum wage should have learned a skill that is highly valued by the market. How dare you accuse a guy that is 5-11 of having a "gifted talent". Chris Paul has worked infinitely harder and smarter than anyone working minimum wage, I guarantee you that.

Since those peeps did not figure out how to garner a valued skill, allow me to play you the world's smallest violin.

[​IMG]

roslolian likes this.
  6. MystikArkitect

Because he's one of maybe 2 or 3 people on the planet that can do what he does? I don't understand this logic.

Reeko and roslolian like this.
  7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I can't tell if you are serious or not. You surely don't believe Paul works harder than every person working for minimum wage. Sure, there are plenty of lazy workers in any line of work, but just because someone works for minimum wage doesn't mean they don't work as hard as someone making 99.97% more money. Sometimes people don't have a choice to have learned a skill that could have made them rich, or maybe they don't have the talent or intellect. Regardless, that doesn't justify keeping minimum wage at the same rate for 10 years. That gif actually reminds me of the type of people I am talking about, who feel justified in voting against changing the laws, because it cuts into their profits. There is nothing you can say that will make me believe Paul deserves over $19,000 an hour, 40 hours a week, all year long, whether he is playing, sitting on the bench resting his hamstrings or knees, or simply having fun with the family during the offseason.

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I don't understand your logic. It's still a ridiculous amount of money for some guy bouncing a ball, shooting some hoops, and doing nothing more than entertaining some people.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Playing basketball is something he loves doing, he is elite at what he is doing.

I dun mind him taking the money but does he deserve a 4th year? Absolutely not.

Unless basketball becomes totally irrelevant, superstars are going to get paid. Sad but true.

There is nothing we can do but watch him play.

The capitalistic world is not a fair one.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

“Chris (Paul) is the leader of the Rockets,” said Harden. “The rest of us guys are followers or players that follow his lead. We’ve re-signed our leader and added some followers. I think we’ll be fine next season.”

;):D

11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I agree with 4 years being too many. The Rockets should have given him 3 max, and certainly not at more than Harden or Lebron makes.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you think people working minimum wage have worked harder at their craft than CP3 has worked at his?

That is complete and utter nonsense.

The rest of your post sounds like some Commie gobbilygoop...

Everyone has a choice. Your post is making me feel dirty, and I'm more liberal than many. Just gross dude.

tinman, YOLO and hakeem94 like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

RudyTBag likes this.
  14. MystikArkitect

Well when you put it that way.

I didn’t realize I could go bounce a ball, shoot some hoops and entertain people and get millions of dollars for it. Why don’t more people do this?

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

I already answered your question, the entertainer makes more because he entertains a lot more people, as in billions of people around the world.

Your toilet cleaner cleans how many toilets in a single day? Maybe 20 toilets tops. How many people are using those toilets he is cleaning? Let's be generous and say 30 people are serviced by his clean toilets. So compare cleaning toilets for 30 people vs entertaining billions of people every game you play which would pay more? Cp3 entertains significantly more people than a normal toilet cleaner that's why he is paid so much more. If your toilet cleaner has a skill that allows him to clean 1M toilets a day then he will make more money than Cp3, simple as that.

If you ask people, they would say having a clean toilet is worth more than watching a bball game however because so many more people are watching bball games then even if they pay 0.000001 cent or whatever it still results in millions of dollars for Chris Paul. This is also the same reason why Paris Hilton earns more than your average teacher every year, unless there is a teacher out there who can teach more people than Paris Hilton entertains then Paris Hilton will earn more even if teaching is much more valuable than being entertained. In short it is better to have very little value to billions of people than to have a lot of value to 30 people, that is why entertainers make disgusting amount of money for basically doing nothing of value.

Your post is just a jumbled mess if you are that confused regarding basic economics maybe you need to take some classes or at least watch some youtube vids on economies of scale. BTW this question really should be on DnD if you want to debate on increasing the minimum wage or w/e you want to do. This is a basketball forum leave Chris Paul and basketball out of it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

I'd rather have the minimum people wage people who are super slow at the concession stands
    replaced by cybernetic organisms

[​IMG]

RudyTBag and hakeem94 like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Morey, do something!

RudyTBag likes this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.