1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Hardwick is an Emotional Terrorist

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fantasma Negro, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The guy is a nerd who sold out to Comcast, I wasn't in the least bit surprised he's an assface. Screw him.

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

What.. in the figgity-f**k are you ranting about ..?

Chill and back the heck off. Dont you "you people" ME

If someone is actively destroying your career you worked your whole life to get, who is the petty one there? You gotta clear your name and take down their's a little

#42 Shroopy2, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  3. Nero

Nero Member

My wife was a victim of emotional (and sometimes physical) abuse from her ex husband for years before she left him.

It's a terrible thing to do to someone, it's a terrible thing to be. If Hardwick is guilty of this, then he is guilty of being an grade-A a-hole.

But my wife and I talked at length about this (because she is a huge Walking Dead fan, and watches Talking Dead after every show), and we both agree - it's not illegal to be an a-hole.

If he told people he would not work with some company if she also worked with them, then that is kind of a jerky thing to do. But clearly they did not break up on good terms. It seems obvious they despised each other at the end of the relationship. Again, not illegal, just jerky.

The problem I have with all of this is this: this is personal business between two people and is the result of an ended personal relationship between them, which clearly did not end well.

No one is an angel. No one. And in that 'Hollywood World' business in which they both swim/swam, I suspect that the vast majority of people in that world are shallow, self-obsessed a-holes. And I'm sure BOTH of them are a-holes in their own way. If every person in Hollywood who was an a-hole had their dirty laundry aired like this, and then their careers were ended, then there wouldn't be ANYONE left in Hollywood at all.

This just smells like vindictive/psycho ex-girlfriend doing everything she can to destroy an ex-boyfriend she hates.

And it has worked.

The problem is, IT LITERALLY DOES NOT MATTER IF WHAT SHE SAID IS TRUE OR NOT. The consequences already happened. The guy, whether he is an a-hole or not, has already suffered the consequences as though her accusations are unquestionably true.

It bothers me because this is simply not how things are supposed to work in a free country.

Every man in this country should be worried about this sort of thing. Literally any woman, even someone you do not know at all, could say literally anything, outrageous or not, true or not, about any man at all, and without any burden of proof or liability, that man would have to suffer the consequences. No due process, no fair hearing, no legal protections against personal destruction.

Now don't misunderstand me: I am not saying I think she is lying. I am saying that the fact that the 'court of public opinion' or whatever people want to call it these days is beginning more and more to act like an actual court, with actual real-world consequences, and that is not how things are supposed to be.

I used to think that all it would take would be for one of these high-profile abuse claims to be exposed as a lie, and this whole ridiculous power-trip people have latched onto would come crashing down, but that hasn't happened. Amber Heard confessed to lying about being abused by Depp (even going so far as to putting on makeup to make herself look like she had been given a black eye).. some football player's gf confessed to lying about being abused by the player in order to try to ruin him.. I'm sure there are more. But the media seems uninterested in such things, and so it just keeps right on rolling.

This crap needs to stop.

If the guy did something illegal, then file charges. If someone is just a jerk, that's your own private business, and it should be kept that way. Besides, it is NEVER the case that only one person is a jerk to the other, each person in a relationship has done SOMETHING to the other person which would cause a backlash if it was paraded around in public. It's not sufficient for ruining someone's career.

Scarface281, BigM, King1 and 3 others like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Here is the thing
    Doing things like this . . .. is the New Revenge p*rn
    It is meant to hurt, shame and/or embarrass and Ex

Inherently there is nothing wrong with sharing a gift (homemade p*rn) given to you with the world
    but we have decided that the INTENT matters.

So Now women can submit to being filmed .. or even film themselves
    and give this as a CONDITIONAL GIFT to their spouse/significant others
    under the belief that it will not be distributed or released without their written consent

Now . . .. You can simply write a article that is one sided and unvetted
    and do all the same things Revenge p*rn use to do to women
    Except in this particular case it is against a man . . . . .

I don't know their story
    I do know that they each says different things
    and
    At worse he did everything she said . .. he is a dick and douche and an *******.
    and She intentionally set out to damage him . . .and she succeeded

Rocket River

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Question: What evidence besides her words .. . do you have that he ruined her career?
    I am curious

Rocket River

seclusion likes this.
  6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It will be interesting to see if Chris emerges from this to where he is still a TV game or talk show host (or anything in that capacity).

I don't see it. That's basically his livelihood. I don't know that he does anything else. He's a great facilitator of discussion with charm and humor.

Now, he's the guy with the "...but was accused of..." on the end of his bio.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'd love to see a story of Chris drunk off his ass somewhere ranting. That would be comedy gold.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

If he is innocent of any of what she said, he's really ****ing paying for it right now.

With that said he had another one of his ex's on @midnight when the show was first starting and he made this weird awkward apology to her during the show implying that he'd been an ******* when they were together as well, so I'm not entirely shocked?

Since @midnight blew up and his Nerdist venture he then ended up on Talking Dead/The Wall, so all this stuff did happen around the same time as best as I can tell.

Hopefully, he's innocent and his career recovers, if not...screw him.

9. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Former showrunner for Geek and Sundry:

Rocket River and DreamShook like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If you can count Dykstra's ubiquity on the internet, in nerd culture, and cosplay just a couple years ago when she was dating Hardwick to suddenly just being gone as evidence, I really have nothing tangible, but I believe her accounts.

I remember Dykstra being EVERYWHERE on the internet, as a host and personality on the various popular nerd channels a couple years ago. She was even on that cosplay show on Syfy. She also had that nerd clout since her dad was one of the original founders of Industrial Light & Magic (the special effects arm of Lucas films). People just wanted to be around her to pick her brain about what her father did on Star Wars. Then there was nothing. It was like Thanos snapped a finger (SPOILERS!!!). Around that time, Hardwick was telling everyone that would listen, this chick cheated on him.

This reminds me of when Academy Award winning actress, Mo'Nique was blackballed for being "Difficult" on set by Lee Daniels, Oprah and Tyler Perry. You can't really prove this stuff. You look at a point in time when these people were on their grind then suddenly nothing. It's too fishy not to be true.

Beezy and seclusion like this.
  11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I don't particularly remember seeing her everywhere, but I definitely had seen her before and she's noticeably disappeared.

DreamShook likes this.
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The biggest surprise in this story is that Chris Hardwick somehow has enough clout to impact someone else's career.

Do you remember the guy who was the Chris Harwick of the 80's?? Me neither.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah, the internet is a funny place. If you aren't frequenting these places I don't blame anyone for not really knowing who this woman is.. She was on Geek and Sundry, IGN, Nerdist, SourceFed, Machinima, RoosterTeeth, etc. That was(is) a HUGE swath of the nerd/geek internet culture. Even If I wasn't clicking on her content, it seemed like she was all over my feed in a thumbnail.

#53 DreamShook, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Well, think about it...he's been around for a minute.

He was on Singled Out with Jenny McCarty in the 90s, fell off for awhile and resurfaced a few years ago on @midnight and Nerdist, now he's on like every channel.

In other words, he has/had working relationships with MTV/ComedyCentral/Viacom, NBC/Sci-fi/Comcast, and AMC, those are all very well known/funded networks. He could easily talk to someone who knows someone and get her shut down in a lot of avenues, especially if he had a hand in her getting any of it. Which it's clear he was involved in her getting at least 1 job.

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Kevin Smith needs to replace Chris Hardwick on the "Talking" shows versus canceling the shows. Seth Rogen would also work. Last, maybe Wil Wheaton.

OR, IN A STRANGE TWIST OF FATE, CHLOE DYKSTRA REPLACES CHRIS HARDWICK ON THE "TALKING" SHOWS AND "THE WALL"!

TAKE THAT! #METOOBITCHES

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Noowwwwwwwww I remember where I've seen this guy. I don't watch any of the current stuff he's engaged in, so I was trying to figure out why he looked so familiar. I watched the hell out of Singled Out...but not because of Hardwick.

seclusion and Buck Turgidson like this.
  17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I mean I get that...

It's just that if I was on the other side, I'd judge the actress based on her own skills and make hiring decision from there... to teh extent that made Chris Hardwick mad, I'd just not work with Chris Hardwick because who cares?? There's plenty of Andy Cohen's out there ready to host shows. Sure, you can't just pluck a nobody out of nowhere and expect immediate viewership, but there are other Chris Hardwick's out there... probably better Chris Hardwick's... I have heard of very few people who are like "Chris Hardwick is hosting Talking Dead!! Must watch!!"

But that's just my experience at least.

18. Beezy

Beezy Member

Chloe was on track to be Felicia Day 2.0, and then poof.

I kind of liked Heroes of Cosplay. That show opened my eyes to how crazy cosplay is now.

19. Beezy

Beezy Member

Thanks. I wish it was BS, but finding her body on Thanksgiving 2013 will haunt me forever. She grew up to be a huge Rockets fans and gamer because of me and now she's just gone. It's hard for me to talk about still, but this story reminded me of her circumstances quite a bit.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I think someone earlier said it he's like geek Ryan Seacrest, no one is like OH EM GEEEE NEED TO WATCH HIM, but they're watching his shows for sure. Dude had 3 running on major networks simultaneously, who else is really doing anything like that?