1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China vs USA

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by TracyMcgradyMVP, Aug 5, 2008.

1. drich

drich Member

When Kobe had to carry his team he couldn't do it. Before Gasol got there he didn't do a damn thing.

2. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Oh right, If you think he won the rings because of Kobe, you are dreaming. It was ALL Shaq (check Shaq's FG% in the playoffs, the years they won championships, let me put it this way, its frigging mind blowing). And that is why Kobe couldnt get past the first round when Shaq left.

While Lebron with much less talented players went to the finals and beat a Detroit team that embarrassed Kobe/Shaq/Malone/Gp, and all this by himself! I get it, you bought into the hype that Kobe is the best player. Perception is reality.... for people like you.

3. SeeingRocketRed

Dwight Howard's going to be 7 foot 6 inches? Wow.

I didn't realize people kept growing that late.

Come knock on my door when he hits 7 ft 7.

Thanks!

4. drich

drich Member

Man look up the stats from last year on Kobe and Lebron the stats will not lie to you. Kobe showed last year he started settling for more and more jumpers also so look for Lebron to show you all more seperation between the two.

5. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

sure he has more offensive moves which means nothing to me if you shoot a lower percent than the guy I am comparing him to. Heck TMac has more moves than Lebron, so? Mind you, this is not even close stats wise or any other measure. Only areas Kobe is better is FT% and 3pt FG%.

Now, to address your point about Gasol and Bynum sharing the load, how about compare their numbers the previous year? Yea... same story.

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Sorry, but I'm having trouble understanding this.

All I was saying is that if Dwight were in fact such a better defender, then given his wingspan and athleticism in addition to his size, then he should block significantly more shots than Yao. It's a pretty logical conclusion. Thus the indication that he isn't a better defender.

Also, as someone else already said, you don't block shots with your head. It's well documented that Yao has a short wingspan for his height, and that Dwight Howard has the opposite. Therefore, I'd say neither player has a distinct advantage before the jump.

7. SeeingRocketRed

Is anyone even contesting that Yao is not better than Howard in every one of these things?

8. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I'm still waiting on astros to offer a rebuttal to my post about Yao being more offensively efficient. One that doesn't include made up numbers.

9. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Agreed, as of right now, Dwight is not better than Yao at all, whoever says otherwise does not know basketball. I have to say though, my opinion of Dwight has changed, his upside is not as big as I thought. He maybe athletic but he can be pushed around. He is stuck between a Shaq and Amare type player. They all have a power based game, but DH is just not as strong as Shaq yet not as mobile as Amare.

10. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Howard blocked by Sun Yue, 2nd round pick of the Lakers.

11. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

kobe had smush parker and kwame brown going up against amare and nash
    the lakers had no d and the suns were full of offense
    the yr lebron made it to the finals , the suns > pistons
    if lebron played the suns he would've lost as well
    now 2005-2006 the lakers choked but kobe played well the whole series, it's just like tmac, he needed his players to step up and they didnt and the suns did

12. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Give any star in this league more minutes and more shots and the scrubs that the cavs have and they'll have slightly better stats too. That proves nada, hell he had better stats, and like you said Kobe got the MVP, guess that means that stats alone doesnt make you the best player, thanks for pointing that out for me.

13. bloop

bloop Member

LMAO @ people arguing about LBJ/Kobe and Yao?Howard.

Kobe is a better defensive player than Lebron. Teh END. Period. In every other way LBJ is better. Passing, rebounding, bringing out the best in teammates, winning. Kobe used to have more facets to his scoring but as Lebron has matured his offensive game is becoming more and more versatile and he can score on anyone in traffic, Kobe can be shut down and settle for jumpers. People forget that Kobe is a fully matured player and Lebron has to this point been a young player adding facets to his game including mid ranged game, finishing, decision making and now finally defense. You'd have to be a ****ing r****d to not see clearly Lebron > Kobe at this early stage of Lebron's development.

Howard > Yao. No lmao just no.

China is terrible, unconscious shooting in the first quarter kept this game closer than it should have been, plus the US threw some bones to the Chinese at the end there to keep it around +30.

Yi also terrible, he only delivers in garbage time when there's negative pressure... not a good sign about his competitiveness. disappearing for 3 quarters combined with dunks in garbage minutes accompanied by chest thumping with his team down by 30 makes him look like a punk

14. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

well of course lebrons going to have a higher percentage
    thats only because he relies on strength to get to the basket
    so than kobe would be a better offensive player, lebron may be more efficient but he relies on strength rather than footwork so hes not as skilled as kobe is

15. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

PPL are not afraid of Howard. Ppl are afraid of Mutombo, Duncan but not Howard.

Check Houston interior defense vs Orlando interior defense is not even close they got a path to the pain all the time.

Anybody that watch DH multiple times, knows he get away with more than any center in the NBA. Actually this is the first time he got over 2 block a game, even when he logging more minutes a game in his career while ave. less BPG than Yao.

The NBA is so desperate of finding SHAQ replacement that has allow DH to get away with murder download, He get the most offensive foul of any Big man without getting call, he foul in almost every block and get away with the most over the back foul that lead to his pad stats in rebound and block this year. He literary push ppl with his of arm and get away like is nothing.

The NBA is just entertainment and they think they need a new Shaq a new American beast to get rating from casuals fans, even to this days Shaq, draw attentions when he plays.

16. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

WTH, So I guess Miami's championship had nothing to do with Wade either huh? it was ALL Shaq. No one player carries a team to the title by themselves. Jordan couldn't, Kobe can't, and Lebron didnt. No crap Shaq has crazy fg%, he dunked on every play back then. Your worse than Hollinger with the way you praise stats.

17. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

wow, this thread went from china vs usa to lebron vs kobe, yao vs dwight

18. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Riight, if that was the case, Kobe should have a lot better stats because he takes MORE shots than Lebron. Again, I know you don't check FACTS, you go with your gut and perceptions, but LET ME REPEAT, Lebron did better than Kobe in rebounds, FG%, STEALS, EVERYTHING other than FT% and 3pt FG%. I don't know what does that have to do with shooting more, and he barely played more than Kobe, maybe you should also check out who shot more! LOL. Hmm now you are just making my case, MVP does not mean best player. Otherwise your best player Kobe got owned by Nash those two years.

19. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Wait, so are we talking about player with the best offensive SKILLS or the best player?

20. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

MVP does not mean best player he says. I'm done with you after that.