1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

China installs weapon systems in South China Sea

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Dec 15, 2016.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never said he islands were built just because of Trump or for non-military purposes. If that is what you believe I said then I apologize for not making it clearer to you.

Those islands were built for the PRC to create facts on the ground to cement their claim to the most of the South China Sea and create a presence for the PRC. I had a debate with Deckard over this a few months ago. That said the PRC had said they were holding off on militarizing them, true they were built to support military installations but they hadn't started arming them. The recent military build up on them though timing is very coincidental to Trump's rhetoric.
    So the fact that the PRC themselves made threatening statements in response to the Trump's comments and then happens to take threatening actions to you is just horseshit?

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I absolutely do, and objectively Obama is a little b**** when it comes to foreign policy. He gets slapped around by everyone. That said, I understand that he's something of a deity to Democrats, so I'm not expecting any of them to feel allowed to agree.

3. dmoneybangbang

Well what should have Obama done?

We are already stretched thin militarily over the last 8 years and we were trying to emerge out of the worst liquidity crisis since the Great Depression.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

whatever you want trump to do

5. ipaman

I just want people to blame the PRC not Trump. Not because I like Trump (I don't) but because it's all bullshit. PRC is the problem, not Trump. PRC actions need to be addressed, not Trump's tweets. People are so immature and full of hate these days they want to blame the wrong people because it makes them feel better. There is nothing wrong with blaming and dealing with PRC whomever are leaders are and regardless of what they say. Let me make it clear, Trump said some stupid words just like Iran and Israel have. But PRC have done way more thank talk, they are DOING stupid **** to piss everyone one off. Again WORDS vs ACTIONS and yet everyone is hung up on WORDS. Give me a break. Fack that, let's put blame on the PRC for responding to WORDS with ACTIONS and impacting everyone in the region. You guys know the rhyme sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me? Well Trump been using words, PRC been using sticks and stones, and Obama has been asleep the last 8 years.

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

They are both the problem. Let's not pretend otherwise.

Deckard likes this.
  7. No Worries

A little history lesson. The intellectually incurious can disengage.

Fact: George W Bush in his first presidential bid made China the USA's number one military threat.

Fact: Mere months after Bush started his first term, the Hainan Island incident occurred.

Is it a coincidence that after a campaign season of W bashing China that China pushed back?

Is it a coincidence that after a campaign season of Trump bashing China that China pushes back?

8. dmoneybangbang

Haha quite a deflection. A lot easier to criticize than to solve, huh?

9. dmoneybangbang

Lol obama has been asleep for the past 8 years? You don't even know what you wanted obama to do....

You conservatives play both sides... obama is weak and "we should try and be friends with China and Russia".

10. ipaman

criticize lol, the only folks i really want to criticize is china but you guys are too busy attacking your fellow americans. meanwhile china does whatever the fack it wants. that's the problem with you liberals, you have no problem attacking and hurting your own countrymen but don't anybody dare attack or oppress non-americans. it's sad and pathetic.

11. dmoneybangbang

Ain't obama an American? Or do you think he is a Kenyan Muslim Brotherhood operative?

12. ipaman

i criticize obama for not reacting to china. but again it all starts with china they made the first moves years ago and we did nothing. bush, clintong, bush, obama, all of them did nothing. now all of a sudden (because trump won) the losing side wants him to fix 30+ years of chinese aggression in the region. when he actually does poke the bear a bit (for good reason, they've needed more than a poke for a long while) our own attack him. give me a break. i'm not even a trump guy but i want him to succeed because it's best for our country. tearing down walls from within is a wrong especially when this country seems to be a house of cards. libs need to get on board and not be an enemy from within.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You are SUCH a good Democrat. Oh something happened during the Obama administration? Blame it on the previous administration or the next one that isn't even in office. Classic.

14. No Worries

This just in. BtG can't read.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you don't realize that's what you did, perhaps you should go back and re-read what you wrote a little bit slower and see if your own words can sink in a bit. You just blamed this whole ordeal on Bush and Trump.....which is typical of the most partisan of Democrats.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NO NO It's OBAMA's Fault!!!

17. No Worries

This just in. BtG still can't read.

Hint: there were two whole deals I mentioned , not one.

18. dmoneybangbang

To which I asked.... What obama should have done which you masterfully deflected....

They all did nothing? Hyperbole.

Libs shouldn't be any enemy's within? Spare me the hyperbole and just tell me in plain English what obama should have done. Obviously, you have an opinion, why you scared to putting your name on them?

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fortune magazine, that liberal left-wing publication is reporting this:

http://fortune.com/2016/12/22/donald-trump-china-trade-war/

That a trade war with China would leave China relatively unscatched but would essentially thank our economy through higher consumer prices and killing our exports.

20. shorerider

shorerider Member

Article is a heaping pile of hyper-inflated claptrap. "Trump’s abandonment of existing U.S. trade agreements would accelerate China’s displacement of America as the world’s leading economic power" Oh please.

I can't begin to understate the metaphysical absurditude. Once again common sense gets lost under a mountain of BS. Unless of course we are talking about a different China. The China I'm thinking of is a mafia-esque authoritarian state, where they have polluted their groundwater for the next 1000 years, where 98% of the population is dying to get out (guess what country tops the emigration list), where capital flight is occurring at light-speed, and where humans are harvested for their organs.

Sorry, but based on the common-sense-calculus China is nowhere near a fundamentally stable country, nor is their economy, nor are they to be compared to the USA. Throw in 28 trillion of credit expansion in the last 15 years in a country where the mean income is less than your average used 1978 Camaro and you have the Titanic on your hands.

The day US citizens are clamouring to get out and flee somewhere else, I'll be willing to entertain comparisons.