1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons star potential!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texansalltheway, Mar 11, 2012.

1. RockNRandy

RockNRandy Member

I like CP25 a lot.

He has grown tremendously. Hope he keeps fine tuning his game.

Not a star, won't be a star. But defintely a Great role player/6th man.

2. jocar

jocar Member

Plus his highlight putback dunks

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

His game is so well rounded, he is like the SF version of Lowry.

Last two games he has been putting up big numbers in assists, rebounds and points.

What surprised me most was his court vision, he can pass extremely well.

4. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hR7hrDCScP4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

parsons with a buzz cut @ 1:20:grin:

5. texansalltheway

Chandler Parsons is surely developing into our star player!!!

6. delishman

delishman Member

He has enough upside to be a 1-2 time all star throughout the span of his career. This has been an insanely positive season for him and he has got a ton of work to do if he decides he want to be more than a great role player.

7. CertifiedTroll

I feel he has great potential to be a very solid player.. He has shown flashes of greatness and solid defense at a young age.
    You can tell it is his nature to be passive on offense though. I have watched multiple games where he has come out hot and started out with 6 or so points and then dies down on attempts until later. It seems like when the game hits its flow he stops looking for his shot or the drive to the basket. If he really ramps up his shot attempts after a hard summer of training I think he will be a very sensational player.

8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

somebody tweet him to get a buzz cut after he grew his beard :grin:

9. cod

cod Member

<iframe width="500" height="280" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QJO3ROT-A4E?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. 713

713 Member

lulz 713 thinks your on to somethng.

11. ashiin

ashiin Member

Guess who Parson's Veteran mentor is?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/stor...-Parsons/which-veteran-chandler-parsons-study

12. slabhurta

slabhurta Member

y'all really crazy if you think this man will be a star. Battier role type player at best...he doesn't have quick feet and he moves to slow w/o the ball. He has some holes in his game for sure. Not as as talenter as nearly half the 3's in the league.

13. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Parsons filling it up this year. IMO best all round player on team.

14. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Chandler in his second year with only one off season under his belt clearly has all-star potential.

Stats in last 6 games:

18.3 PPG
    3.0 APG
    8.1 RPG
    .475 FG%
    .473 3PT%

Those are all-star quality numbers right there and Chandler is clearly still improving.

Tier 1 Small Forwards
    LeBron
    KD
    Melo
    Paul Pierce - trending down

Tier 2 Small Forwards
    Rudy Gay
    Nicolas Batum - trending up
    Luol Deng

Tier 3 Small Forwards
    Chandler Parsons - trending up
    Danillo Galinari
    Paul George

Other small forwards trending up
    MKG
    Harrison Barnes
    Al-Farouq Aminu

Right now Chandlers defense is in the same class as LeBron, Batum, Deng and Pierce. His defense is among the best at the Small Forward position as is his assists and rebounding. There are few small forwards that contribute on both sides of the court like Chandler does. Defense has been Chandlers calling card but now that his offense has come around I only need to see him do it consistently to move him into the second tier. Chandler has shown the ability to hit the clutch shot at the end of games even when his shot has been off mat of the game, that is a great intangible.

I have not seen Chandler impose his will on games and carry his team to victory like the tier 1 small forwards can all do and like Batum did against the Rockets. Until Chandler shows this ability he will not be tier 1, Batum IMO is moving into tier 1 and if we are being honest there should be a separate tier for LeBron.

IMO tier 2 is Chandlers ceiling, I never see him developing into Paul Pierce.

1 person likes this.
  15. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Good read crash5179...
    I love his all round game. With the great play of harden it is easy to overlook just how good parsons is playing. Constantly improving his game, and proving doubters wrong. Not too many games ago people were wanting delfino or Morris start over him

16. jae713

jae713 Member

Parsons can create off the dribble something that Battier was never good at. Battier was better in the post and a better spot up 3 point shooter. Parsons looks more fluid while dribbling to where Battier always looked out of place while dribbling the ball. IMO Mike Miller type of production is his ceiling not necessarily the same style of play.

17. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

And two team options still below 1 million.

18. lfw

lfw Rookie

I'm really starting to like Parsons' game. He looks good and he plays the game with confidence. He's very opportunistic when he gets a chance to take it all the way to the hole and he can finish when he gets there. But we already know he was good with the ladies. :grin:

Seriously, though, Parsons has a good all-around game even though he isn't dominant in any one area. Already a productive starter and still has potential to grow.

19. Akim523

Akim523 Member

PParsons can be a good starter on a contending team, but star potential?

Lets give it a few more games before making that claim, I just hope fans dont kill him whenever he has a bad game.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

he's someone who can come in and almost always have a positive impact on the game... that's who he is.