1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons star potential!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texansalltheway, Mar 11, 2012.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

No star potential unless his offense develops dramatically and i can't see that happening...

That being said, he makes it a lot easier to forget the SF spot and upgrade elsewhere.

2. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I haven`t seen many games this year - but just looking at highlights and his stats I am ecstatic. Especially with reports of his stellar defense.

People say he is not athletic - yet I see him driving by his man and dunking on Ibaka (and not just any kind of dunk). People say he is not a good shooter, yet he has a very good FG% at 47% (especially good for a rookie).

He has amazing size for a SF, seems to have a great understanding of the game and is producing at a very high level as a rookie. I think if he was a top 5 pick his team would`ve been very happy with the way he is playing and his promise.

He may never be the scorer like Melo, Durant or Lebron - but he is rounding out to become a complete player. Star? Probably not as much in the flashlights as those other star players - but in terms of overall production I can`t see why not.

Or to sum it up: he might not be the player who takes the last shot - but he might be the player that makes sure, that you are even still in the game to attempt that last shot.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It is completely too early to be having a star/no star debate. What is certain is that he is a rookie and has not been schooled yet, not even by Durant. Not on either side of the court.

I say that that is quite enough and we should appreciate it now and see how he develops.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Except he defends.... plays another position, is half a decade younger and is a better rebounder and shot blocker..... yeah, they are twins.

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

A guy like Ellis or Curry can't make the all-star, what makes you think CP would make it over them?

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Horry may not have had the driving skills that Parsons is showing, and Parsons hasn't shown he is a killer in the clutch yet, but Parsons reminds me of Robert Horry. Smart glue guys who does whatever it takes to win.

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It is the perfect comparison. Both of them are defensive juggernauts!

Oh wait, they leak like a sieve on the defensive side? You don't say!

LOL

8. abcd1234

abcd1234 Contributing Member

Sell Parsons now! Trade him, his value is fairly high.

Then, draft Perry Jones The Third with that Knicks pick!

9. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Honestly parsons will probably be better. Jones is one of those players that dominate without effort...and doesnt have the intangibles...and does not have a high bball IQ...he will face real competition and his type is the ones to fold under the pressure...like donta green.

I am not saying he will but I would say there is too much of risk to count on him...right now I would take the sure bet parsons is showing then the high risk high reward of jones.

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

A good idea. I postulated that the ideal draft for the Rockets would be Perry Jones and Illinois' Leonard. We can buy a serviceable backup PG in the second round or somehow maybe arrange a Llull contract buyout. The addition of Montiejunas next year leaves only the backup SG position needed.
    This draft would require both the Rockets and the Knicks to miss the playoffs and 1 reasonably decent ping pong ball roll.

Needless to say I do not believe Scola, Martin or Dragic will be with the team.

11. texansalltheway

Chandler Parsons reminds me kind of like LeBron James, I am not saying he is anywhere as good as him or anywhere from a physical makeup, but they both do a little bit of everything such as assists, points, steals, blocks, rebounds, stifling defense. Chandler Parson can be the white LeBron with the production he accumulates during the game.

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Hmmmmm

Lowrey
    Lee
    Parsons
    Montiejunas
    Dally

LLull
    ??
    Bud/Jones
    PPat
    Leonard

Add in a free agent signing of a talented vet or 2 and there you go!

Root against the Knicks and put on a mini tank job!

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

really?????

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Sorry - spelling error obviously. And most of the time I actually try to make sure that I get that one right.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

WTF?????

16. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

My feeling is that PJ3 will be the poor mans Lamar Odom...of course I have hardly watched him ever play and don't know a thing about spotting talent.

On another note, what's with Baylor having all these "the 3rd" people?

17. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

chandler persons is a great player

18. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I really like this Chandler Partridge guy.

19. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I kinda agree with the Lebron James comparison.

20. Juck_The_Fazz

Juck_The_Fazz Member

yep James type player seems legit