1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CC's evolved into a legit All Star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 4, 2020.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

broken news lol. sometimes i feel like i should have a sports youtube Channel. i try to tell people things they not seeing.

like another yhing th3 media dont wanna acknowledge...off topic but in my craw...

luka love....not really the love. trying to compare him to lbjs 2nd year. im no lbj stan. but i call it like i see it.

how they gonna prepare a guy 2 years out of high school to a guy in luka thats been playing pro ball since he was 15 lmao. the euro league is the 2nd best league in the world...facts.

let lbj had been doing that at 15.

thats another thing i wanna talk about. honestly usa now or at a disavantage us the over seas guys can be pro ypunger. people seem to think that not a thing

nba gotta fix that. with the d league. if u just a nba talent why go to school when u one n done. its just dumb to me. they should be allowed to play pro at 15 if thry can hack it n someone willing to play them. a job like any other

PhiSlamma15 and hakeem94 like this.
  2. meh

meh Contributing Member

Morey wouldn't add $8mil to get the best defensive player in the NBA? The person who says that a team needs to be top 10 in offense and defense to win a championship wouldn't try to get Rudy Gobert when the team isnt even average defensively right now?

Morey may be a lot of things but one thing you cant question is that he wants to win a championship

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Are you sure Gobert is the best defensive player in the NBA? Do you have stats he is 8M better defensively and offensively than Capela?

Considering Gobet doesnt have a championship I dunno what Morey wanting to win a championship has anything to do with this. Are you saying Gobert is the key to a championship formula?

4. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Put towns at the top of the paint. 7 foot shooter and playmaker that can create his own shot. Interior would open up for Westbrook.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

If you believe the reigning 2 times DPOY and 2x All-NBA player isnt a real upgrade on Clint Capela then we really have to just agree to disagree.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

that doesn't have anything to do with your original post

7. dmoneybangbang

Its moot point since Utah isn’t Gobert to the rockets.

I think Capela is pretty good frankly.

roslolian likes this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

Capela is a better than a lot of y’all think. Capela outplayed Looney in last series, Looney just got a bunch of big rebounds.

roslolian likes this.
  9. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

If you double Harden you have the defender coming off Westbrook because he cant shoot the 3, passing to a 7ft legit shooter at top of the paint pulls center on him tight and westbrook can move in unguarded, who is going to come in to stop him getting an open lane pass? It would leave corner shooter open. I just think Capela is one dimensional in this aspect since he can't shoot and has no post game like Townes has. Centers always sag off Capela to stop that exact play daring him to shoot which will never happen. Westbrook could also set a pick on the center allowing Townes a roll to the basket or kickout the corner pass.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

these doubles that we have been seeing all year come primarily from the perimeter, not the interior. Towns isn't coming here so it really doesn't matter much at this point

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

KAT is one dimensional too. Who will protect the paint without Clint? Certainly not KAT.

Rockets need more defense, not less.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

probably ate a lot of crow to get here.

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tried to fire you off a message, but I guess that's verboten now?

14. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

I agree defensively Clint has been great, he also has athleticism to run the floor and this helps Russ on the pace game where a guy like KAT would slow us down, we really need a strong lengthy 3/D guy since EG is going to solve the double team issue soon. Now if we had AD ...

D-rock likes this.
  15. meh

meh Contributing Member

It is a moot point but that's 99.999% of all posts on the internet anyways.

Capela is pretty good, but I'm too jaded by all the times he's played off the court in the playoffs to feel optimism until he can prove it. People were hyping him up in 2018 too.

16. dmoneybangbang

Jazz trading away a cornerstone to a rival seems more like 99.999999999999999999999999% not happening.

You mean only during the GSW series which was a clear match up issue.

D-rock likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Is this taking into account he’s dominated in the playoffs against the likes of gobert and towns. it's pretty surprising that even needs to be mentioned when those guys respective teams get sent home early as of late by the same team. oh the rockets. There was 1 team he at times struggled against and that team is no longer around.

#97 YOLO, Jan 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yes he isn't an 8M upgrade to Capela. DPOY is based on voting, IIRC Camby won DPOY multiple times he was an average to bad defender for most of his career. The NBA has changed, in the past big centers have amazing defensive impact nowadays wing defenders are more important, PJ Tucker hasnt won DPOY or All NBA but he is a much better defender than Gobert at this point.

Capela is underrated on this board because he plays for the Rockets, therefore he must suck. The moment he gets traded Clutchfans will get an "epiphany" and then start saying how dumb Morey is for trading him away for X.

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

Can you tell me which metric or person in analytics or media or front office believe Gobert is overrated on defense? You keep telling me he's not a good defender but I haven't seen anyone besides you to hold this position.

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

Are you really telling me that Capela has the type of defensive impact that Gobert has when Harden shot 37% and 40% in the two series against the Jazz? A lot of people saying Harden sucks in the playoffs has to do with Gobert. The fact that CP3 bailed out Harden in 2018 and Jazz's inability to hit wide open 3s saved him in 2019 doesn't change the fact that Harden looked like crap against Gobert in the playoffs two straight years. Yeah, Capela managed to score 10ppg against the Jazz. I personally don't think that's domination, but this is Rockets board so I guess what counts as dominating isn't how I personally think the word should be used.