1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBSSPORTS: Melo is Foolish Not to Consider Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Dec 22, 2010.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You have to consider that getting Melo and signing him to an extension means you are more likely in getting...who knows...Dwight Howard? These other superstars want to play with each other.

2. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

I wonder what she sees out of that T-mac style lazy eye.

[​IMG]

Nice rack but it comes with a price as it looks like she may have a slight gut due to carrying the extra bmi. It's not as if these flaws her down from being a 1 on the binary scale, but I don't have a hard time believing that a significant number here have girlfriends/wives with prettier faces. Her face is very, very masculine and that body looks poised to blow up and go downhill fast. Girls like that are a guilty pleasure, you're not supposed to wife them.

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

FINALLY somebody with good taste for women. :grin:

4. 2rings

2rings Member

maybe i am the only one, but melo to houston doesn't get me that excited; great player but i just don't think he can take you to the championship level; between his complete lack of D and a me-first, party-first mindset, i am not sure he's the answer; i am sure we'd have to give up a lot to get him though; we need a superstar in the worst kind of way - just not this one

5. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

gay OR terrified of some major STD's. There is no fun in tripple baggin. (just speaking for Kim) LaLa and Roland i don't hear too much about.

6. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

Because LaLa is churping in Melo's ear about going to NYC. So the question then becomes how do you convince her to come to Houston

7. Roxdoc

Roxdoc Member

Dead on.. I feel the same about those three untouchables..

8. vick

vick Member

Please dont gag on that statement :eek:

9. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

I would hope the Rockets wouldn't do that since that would make the team worse.

10. srrono

srrono Member

As much as I would love to have Melo wearing a rockets uniform the cost is set way to high denver wants to much I mean all the offers that have came and still no closer to pulling the trigger they have been offered 2 1st rd picks plus this years lottery pick in favors plus additional players and cap relief, where is the ceiling on this deal? Does the price go down as the trade deadline comes closer or does the bidding war increase the price? I think we benefit more as a trade partner in a multi team deal.

11. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

let's hope DM can work some magic with the injury exception if he can get it again this year. Injury exception, some gum wrapper, and some toothpicks should do it.

12. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

no need to be a hater. She's not my type but the saying goes .. different bro's for different ho's, beauty is in the eye..,etc,etc. Some people like her type, some like anorexics, some like em thick, some like cougars.. nothing wrong with any of them if that's what they want. (and as long as they are no pedobears)

I'd say it's safe to say, if you were making multi millions a year.. you can pretty much wife whoever the hell you wanted. :grin: (personally I wouldn't marry, look at Tiger. but that's my o. just make sure you put together a rock solid prenup if you do.)

13. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I wouldn't want Melo as a rental, unless we are damn sure that follow-on trade was going to happen, and it would all add up to us breaking even. We've waited long enough for DM to accumulate assets, I don't want to go backwards for a maybe. I'm OK with losing ground on the deal if we are definitely getting a piece we really want, like Gerald Wallace.

14. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Forget about Melo- let's aim to get Dwight in 2 years- he fits much better with our history, our attitude, our work ethic, and he's got respect for Hakeem.

15. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

you get her to BANG SCREW!!!

she did work for MTV though, therefore she must have no interest in music.

16. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

One quick question to ClutchFans about all this.

Does Dallas want to sign him as a rental because they don't care and are confident he'll resign, or because they don't have enough payroll space to resign him to a max contract?

Basically, can Dallas afford/have the the room to resign melo for a max contract?

17. Raven

Raven Member

Dallas is desperate to win a championship while Dirk is still in his prime, and desperate teams make desperate moves.

18. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Thanks Raven. Yeah, I agree it would be a desperate move.

I was just wondering if we would have an advantage over Dallas, because we might be able to offer Melo something Dallas can't, the ability to have the room to resign him to a max contract.

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

And/or the ability to trade for Paul?

20. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

If Dallas trades for him they can ssign him to a max contract at the end of the season. If he agrees. Of course he has given every indication that he will only go to NY. But I don't buy that for one minute. He stands to lose 10's of millions if he doesn't take the 65 million extension. And he knows it but he is pretending to be willing throw that money away if they send him to Dallas. Sorry that's a big ass bluff and Cuban knows it. That is why Cuban is ready to call that bluff. He is banking on Anthony's greed and is willing to call to see Anthony's real hand.