1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela wants $100m/4yrs. Rockets offering $60m/4yrs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Clint Capela is substantially better than all of them-- and his combination of defensive versatility and finishing ability is rare. But it is a buyer's market for bigs.

Also, I wouldn't mind having a backup C with a more reliable health history than Nene (who was actually pretty good when he played).

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

The 2nd year is team option for Parker's 2 year contract.

It wont turn into bad contract.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I am actually shocked the Rockets haven't inquired about Amare.

If he could just run PNR with CP3 for 10-15 minutes a night he could be very effective as a back up big.

Nene took a huge step back this past season.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Shocked, huh? Really?

dkoune, malakas, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

At first i actually thought @tmacfor35 was joking :D

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Amare to busy bathing and doing interviews in red wine to pick up the phone from the likes of a peasant such as Darrell moreknee.

8. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

I'm not familiar with Alex len's skill set. Will he work as Capela's back up (when capela chooses to accept a contract)?

9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think Zhou Qi deserves the backup C minutes. He greatly impacts on defense, laterally he moves well and shot blocks Point Guards

htxaf and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I see your point no doubt, but Nene still has value against providing beef against Towns, Gasol, Lamarcus, Horford...

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It’s always a trip when CH makes a serious post. Had to double take to make sure there wasn’t a hidden joke.

BigMaloe and Hakeemtheking like this.
  12. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

We all know we’re resigning him. The question is whether or not we lock him up or he signs the one year deal and bolts.

koochingchang and htxaf like this.
  13. Rokman

Rokman Member

Soooo, should the Rockets drop their offer to 4/$40 million? Seems like we're over paying him. LOL. J/K

GottaHaveHeart likes this.
  14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He's improved that much? He was a bonafide scrub last year. Rockets are doing great with bigs development

15. Rokman

Rokman Member

If he takes the one year and waits until next year he's really gonna be screwed because half the free agents this year will be free agents again next year with the addition of ALL the players that were already scheduled to be free agents next year. That will be a huge crop! Good Luck!

16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Do you guys even watch the Summer League, If you watch what Zhou does on defense in the Summer League, switching defense and Blocked Shots.

17. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

I do watch as much Summer League as I can get in front of. However, I have also learned my lesson when trying to evaluate players competing against G-League and sub G-League level competition. Qi hasn’t done anything spectacular on either side of the ball against the current level of competition and I still believe he is entirely too raw to play significant minutes for a title contender.

ak99999 likes this.
  18. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

I am starting to buy into the belief that spending money on big men is like spending money on running backs.
    I also believe a significant amount of Clint’s success has come from playing in a system featuring TWO of the games most prolific passers.
    From a value standpoint I am finding it tougher as the days go by to invest in Clint for the long term.
    If a deal is available to rid ourselves of Ryan’s contract, receive an upgrade in talent at the 3/4, bring back a serviceable defensive oriented center on a better contract, at the cost of adding Capela to the deal, I think I might have to pull the trigger.
    Just my take.

Stormy1234, Bobsputin and jayfree like this.
  19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Ryno and his contract don't matter …. what you pay Capela is just deeper into the tax , are you willing to pay or not.

Your two best defenders walking and its only monopoly money (over the cap money) …..along with being less flexible because of it ….

Are you willing to pay or not ….. hmmm.

20. htxaf

htxaf Member

im pretty sure jordan is saying long term, if it was about the QO, i bet he would've said something about the QO. just my 2 cents o_O

rocketman84 likes this.