1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Butler only wants trade to Clips, Nets, or Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmacman, Sep 19, 2018.

1. riko

riko Member

Knicks with the Unicorn and Knox have potential but the Nets? Then again the nets have enough cap space to sign two max free agents in 2019.

2. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Well this completely killed our Butler chances. We REALLY needed the "He'll only resign here" discount for our package to have any hope of being competitive. I said this on the other thread but losing Jimmy means that their core piece is 22 year old Towns meaning their win now window is closed and moves to 5 years from now when he's in his prime.

They don't want to win now and so future assets are way better than Gordon or Tucker who will barely help them get to the 8th seed again. They already broke their playoff drought so planning for the post Gsw era is more of a priority for now. It makes even future high potential firsts more valuable that solid vets in their eyes.

#63 lakersuck2, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well in that case.....

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Christ I did not realize KAT is only 22. Don’t know why I had the idea he was a couple years older. That makes me think Eric Gordon is less valuable to them as I originally would have thought.

5. mig0s

mig0s Member

Why are all these Jimmy Butler threads in the GARM? Lol

Swiss Roll and napalm06 like this.
  6. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

jimmy must be only concerned with $$$ if he wants to go to the nets. unless he loves the nyc lifestyle

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The Paul trade isn't comparable to the Cousins, George and Kawhi trades. Paul held all the cards in that 11th hour, because the whole trade was contingent on him Opting In.

Jerry West had a few more days in which to make a normal trade (vs an unlikely summer Max sign-n-trade, which negates destination teams that are taxpayers). West had to get Chris Paul to opt-in to his Player Option; otherwise, Morey would only "own" Paul's contract for one week. Even if Morey does the trade without an Opt-in (just to receive his Bird Rights), and signs a new contract with Paul, pretty sure that means we go over the Apron and can't use the Full MLE to sign Tucker. Thus, signing Paul last year (versus this year) forfeits PJ Tucker.

Clearly, Morey would trade Jerry West much more value for that Opt-in, than without it.

So, Paul held all the cards in that 11th hour, because the whole trade was contingent on him Opting In.

Nook likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think Nets are mainly on there because they can sign both Butler and Kyrie as free agents

they desperately want to play together...Kyrie had the Wolves on his short list of teams when he demanded a trade from Cleveland

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

After declaring we will have our pick of players, the off season has consisted of...

A bunch of nobodies so far.

Yeah winning lol...

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Melo 1 Butler 0

At least Melo's list made sense... he wanted to go to a contending team that had a couple familiar faces for him... makes sense to me and sounds reasonable...

Butler's list is nothing but a straight up money grab from a desperate team that he can make his b****... smh...

...may have to rethink my position on acquiring this dude... if this is his thought process... lol

clutchdabear likes this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

hope they trade him to charlotte, lelz.

clutchdabear likes this.
  13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Butler wasn't even the best player on his team and he just came off knee surgery and wants max money with bright lights city, he's probably still on anesthesia.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

two players on opposite points of their careers. so its not really a knock on butler when hes looking out for himself first. especially with what hes been working the last several years for and that's build his brand and become an all star

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

People forget Melo chose to stay with the Knicks and get paid knowing full well they will suck forever.

Talk about selective memory.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

hes easily going to get max money and have plenty of teams knocking at his door at midnight when he becomes a FA

Nook likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

exactly. his situation was all a money grab from the beginning. they were never good or a realistic challenge to even be a top team in the east

18. Play07

Play07 Member

I would move to LA and wouldn’t think twice

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Jimmy "I'm not from Houston I'm from Beaumont" Butler proving true to his name.